Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 17th March 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Some phenomenal depths being bandied about, could either of the Dec 1981 events be threatened in terms of depth ? Or from a Midlands perspective could Dec 1990 or Jan 1986 be challenged ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, warm sunny summers,

Yes there is a certain degree of predictability about it ..... stalling around Leyland/Chorley, with pulses of heavier precip running up through the Irish Sea to the W of here and into the S Lakes/SW Scotland.

Ha ha, you just know it! our fault...we live here and should move

Posted

Ha ha, you just know it! our fault...we live here and should move

I'm already expecting another damp squib around these parts, we will see snow more than likely but if we get anything other than 2cm at best, I'll show my rear end on the Town hall steps!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe frosts, warm sunny summers,

I'm already expecting another damp squib around these parts, we will see snow more than likely but if we get anything other than 2cm at best, I'll show my rear end on the Town hall steps!

Dont do that lol! i work there!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Heat & Thunderstorms Winter - Cold & Snowfall!

Hoping that Macclesfield gets a nice dumping! I think based on the warnings & our location we should do quite well out of it!

Posted

Hoping that Macclesfield gets a nice dumping! I think based on the warnings & our location we should do quite well out of it!

Yeah I hope we see a decent 10cm at least, perhaps more for your area due to elevation. I am supposed to be going up to see family who live very close to the Cat and Fiddle road on Friday night but judging by the looks of things I might be safer staying at home! smile.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Matt hugo just tweeted me saying to expect upto 30cm for my area

These quoted snow depths just seem bonkers. I don't think Warrington or St Helens has ever seen that depth of snow. I do remember 81 had accumulated quite a depth after many days of snow but that was in January. I hope i eat my words but 30cm for low ground in this area sounds a bit unrealistic.

Posted

Followed this forum for a long while now, and this is the best chance Ive seen for heavy snow in Liverpool...in late March! We never get heavy snow here so just seems a bit too good to be true for me.

You never know, odd as it seems Liverpool in particular South Liverpool running into the Wirral of all places may see the worst lowland conditions Friday with some models going for around 20-30cm for your area but Met office conservative estimates probably around 10-15cm locally 20cm. What I am worried about tommorow is rush hour it could be absolute chaos if the timings are righthelp.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Dont do that lol! i work there!!!

LMAO

Posted

Followed this forum for a long while now, and this is the best chance Ive seen for heavy snow in Liverpool...in late March! We never get heavy snow here so just seems a bit too good to be true for me.

Didn't you do well in December 2010 with all the streamers off the sea when the wind backed west?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

Bbc weather twitter account has been hacked

Lol

Didn't you do well in December 2010 with all the streamers off the sea when the wind backed west?

Yeah sorry, it was after Dec 2010 that got me interested in this forum, so when I say ive followed it for a while I understand its nothing compared to most others.

Plus Dec 2010 was a night mare for me as I needed to get to Heathrow for a flight to Thailand right in the thick of the bad weather. The one time I didnt want it to snow, and it was the worst in living memory!

Tomorrow Im doing nothing so bring it on! ha (Ive just jinxed it havent I)

Edited by pjpauly2k

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

how much snow do u think i will see guys?

This much:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

48 hour NAE totals...

13032312_2112.gif

Looking at that, I think further south in Cheshire could see 15-20cm, Manchester area probably 5-10cm

I think parts of NE Wales and perhaps stretching to Chester may see a red warning. Up to half a metre of snow could fall there.

Edited by CreweCold

Posted

I remember sometime back in 03/04 making my way home back through Stockport in the evening after a mere 2cm of snow had fallen, traffic was stupidly backed up all the way from the town centre up into Disley. That was 2cm, if the predictions are correct and 20-40cm expected over the tops then I hope everyone either takes public transport or takes provisions.

I wouldn't worry too much about the NAE, just underestimating DPs as mentioned before. Look at all the juicy moist precip coming up from France within the front.

Edited by SNOW_JOKE

Posted

NAE precipitation does look although more widespread generally lighter than the 6z - in particular for Gtr. Manchester/ South Lancs