Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Discussion 17th March 2013>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Remember that rain to snow event which dumped like 6 inches to us all in January? This is that type of snow, wait till it peps up smile.png

How can I forget it lol. Was amazing

Posted

Remember that rain to snow event which dumped like 6 inches to us all in January? This is that type of snow, wait till it peps up smile.png

I think we'll have to see about that, because from what i am seeing, while the intensity is quite heavy, its more of the small wet flakes than anything else, and with everything being wet, it doesn't fill me with much optimism at this stage, but there is a long way to go yet

what gets to me the most though in all of this, the surface temperature was actually well below freezing / sub zero, so I can't understand where that rain ever came from.

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted

How can I forget it lol. Was amazing

The best part was when everybody thought it was all over when it turned to sleet/rain and then a couple of hours later BOOM. That was a great night!

Posted

Any idea of when the winds are meant to peak etc? smile.png

No idea mate. Not really been concerned with wind strength :p

Still fine snizzle here and not sticking, the wind is violent though, if we can get heavy precipitation it could be blizzards.

Laying on cars here & grass mate but not much else at the moment but its definately picking up here. When the intensity does pick up which it will there could well be blizzard like conditions & that's when we will see the rapid accumulation.

Posted

The best part was when everybody thought it was all over when it turned to sleet/rain and then a couple of hours later BOOM. That was a great night!

I'm thinking about the other snow event before the breakdown.....with the powdery,drifting snow.

I think we'll have to see about that, because from what i am seeing, while the intensity is quite heavy, its more of the small wet flakes than anything else, and with everything being wet, it doesn't fill me with much optimism at this stage, but there is a long way to go yet

what gets to me the most though in all of this, the surface temperature was actually well below freezing / sub zero, so I can't understand where that rain ever came from.

Possible brief interaction with the Irish sea before the cold air properly undercuts which it will?

Posted

LOL, I meant for the snow, drifting, and the general coolness of the violent gusts! blum.gif

Think the peakof winds will be tonight but it should stay windy throughout this event.

Posted

Possible brief interaction with the Irish sea before the cold air properly undercuts which it will?

you could be right, however that doesn't explain the snow only event over liverpool at the time, normally we do a heck of a lot better here, than liverpool, usually we get just as much as runcorn does. pretty much par for par with runcorn actually

Edited by HotCuppa

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy snow/ heatwaves

Just light snizzle here....surely not another disaster pending

Edited by chicken soup

Posted

Folks ...Chill..this is going to be a great snowfall for our region......Have faith...and wait till tomorrow to judge the event "Its a 48 hour system...some may take back what they say...because its only just beginning" Rock on and the main fall is forcast and after disecting the mip mop we have a good chance of a major fall with an awful lot of distruption. Hold tight. Robbie :)

you could be right, however that doesn't explain the snow only event over liverpool at the time, normally we do a heck of a lot better here, than liverpool, usually we get just as much as runcorn does. pretty much par for par with runcorn actually

I just think its very complex & rare what we are starting to see all unfold, I really think we could see something special in the coming 36 hours almost anywhere in our region.

Posted

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

yep,im beginning to get a familiar feeling here .sad.png

Yes, although i was never buying into the 20cm idea in the first place to be honest but don't want to get accused of being negative.

Posted

Bucketing down here just 10 miles to the west of Chester, 4cms already. Should be with you soon yahoo.gif .

Pete