Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional Discussion 20/03/13 22z ---->

A.J

Posted

Gavin, is there any chance of an imminent heatwave coupled with thunderstorms by night. Even though I'm a snow lover, I've had enough of it for this winter/spring unless we get a full on blizzard within the next few days

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Well we've already had more snow this morning than we did on Monday and Tuesday but it just doesn't want to lay, but that may change soon

yeah same here proper flakes aswell, just had a heavy shower a few mins ago

infact its started again

Edited by Boro Snow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Gavin, is there any chance of an imminent heatwave coupled with thunderstorms by night. Even though I'm a snow lover, I've had enough of it for this winter/spring unless we get a full on blizzard within the next few days

Other than close to average in FI I can't offer you anything yet

h500slp.png

ukmaxtemp.png

h500slp.png

We are a good way of a Spanish plume yet

Had more snow this morning that the past 2 days combined non is laying though just melting on impact

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

not a chance in hell this may last to the middle of april looking at the current models and with the warm uppers pushed so far south into the tropics it could be longer, temps will of course improve slightly due to time of the year but nothing mild on the horizon

Posted

The met office keep saying a frost for this region but all week I haven't saw one here yet

Outlook for Friday to Sunday:

Staying cold with moderate to severe overnight frosts, breezy at first. Variable cloud with a few wintry showers, but mostly dry by Easter Sunday.

Posted
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Boro Snow, March 27, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Boro Snow, March 27, 2013 - No reason given

Is the radar expected to pep up again tonight? Showers have become less frequent here as the day has gone on

no and tommorrow is meant to be even less shower activity Edited by Boro Snow
Posted
post-18162-0-00869000-1364394521_thumb.jpg

Posted

Is the radar expected to pep up again tonight? Showers have become less frequent here as the day has gone on

No today is the peak in these showers by tomorrow the wind will be a lot lighter as well I personally think time is up now for significant snow if it was going to happen then this was the week.

Precipitation over the next 10 days is looking very low

prcpDurham.png

In the mean time

keep-calm-and-search-for-warm-weather.png

Posted

No today is the peak in these showers by tomorrow the wind will be a lot lighter as well I personally think time is up now for significant snow if it was going to happen then this was the week.

Precipitation over the next 10 days is looking very low

prcpDurham.png

In the mean time

keep-calm-and-search-for-warm-weather.png

dont agree these gunna be plenty of opportunities for more snow, the north sea is unpredictable and can come to life anytime and the wind is meant to change from an e to a ne later on this evening so that could bring the north sea to life, and that chart your showing gfs is not accurate as the people in the mod thread always point out, so sorry gavin i know your looking for mild/warmth but not yet good.gifgood.gif Edited by Boro Snow

Posted

dont agree these gunna be plenty of opportunities for more snow, the north sea is unpredictable and can come to life anytime and the wind is meant to change from an e to a ne later on this evening so that could bring the north sea to life, and that chart your showing gfs is not accurate as the people in the mod thread always point out, so sorry gavin i know your looking for mild/warmth but not yet good.gifgood.gif

I agree the chances of snow aint over but I can't see us getting anything of great significance now

As has been consistent now for a number of days temperatures next week now look like they will moderate somewhat still below average but higher than of late

Tuesday see's highs of 7c to 9c for England and wales

ukmaxtemp.png

24 hours later we see a tropical 11c in the south west and parts of the south coast with 7c to 9c widely for England and wales

ukmaxtemp.png

Thursday only goes to 12 noon but looking at those temperature double figures would be reached in the south west and parts of the south coast again with 7c to 9c again widely England and wales

ukmaxtemp.png

Other than a bit of rain in the west early next week the bulk of the country will be bone dry

Next weeks cloud cover to Friday

12_126_ukcloud.png?cb=672

12_150_ukcloud.png?cb=672

12_174_ukcloud.png?cb=672

12_192_ukcloud.png?cb=672

12_216_ukcloud.png?cb=672

At this stage we should see some sunshine next week along with some slightly milder temperatures. Next week is looking bone dry for this region to Friday

Edited by Gavin.

Posted

been snowing for at least 2 hours solid

Posted

Yeah and non of it has stuck for a great length of time could it be too cold in the north sea perhaps? as some of the snow over the past 48hrs has been quite powdery at times

Edited by Gavin.

Posted

It won't be for much longer as I can now see clear skies so we may be entering a brief lull before some more snow which the Met Office have forecasted

Posted

Yeah and non of it has stuck could it be too cold in the north sea perhaps? as some of the snow over the past 48hrs has been quite powdery at times

current temps not sure if they are below average or not

contour_sst.gif

Posted

It won't be for much longer as I can now see clear skies so we may be entering a brief lull before some more snow which the Met Office have forecasted

you confident of more ppn, im not to sure the weather this morning was for showers to die out and a frost developing

Posted

you confident of more ppn, im not to sure the weather this morning was for showers to die out and a frost developing

Well the Met Office's afternoon regional update suggested more snow tonight so it'll just be a case of watching the radar but I CBA with that

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

Tyneside has the snow shower repellent magnet over it at the moment. Showers to north and south last nigh and today.

Posted

Tyneside has the snow shower repellent magnet over it at the moment. Showers to north and south last nigh and today.

that will change though if the wind direction does

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: heavy convective snow showers, blizzards, 30C sunshine

looks like a streamer developing in the borders region some people have all the luck

Edited by Continental Climate

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extremes

that will change though if the wind direction does

I think it takes more than wind direction. The band of showers located in ne Northumberland signifies an area where there is a change in wind direction, which is creating the ppm.......http://xcweather.co.uk/. you can see that here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Had some heavy snow showers this morning in edinburgh, then we travelled through one on the train to the north of Berwick this evening. There was about 1-2 inches lying in the south of the city near the ring road, but nothing in the city centre bar a few piles of snow.