Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Far North of England Regional Discussion 20/03/13 22z ---->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Currently we are on 16.3mm of rain since midnight in Darlington just got back from the Arcadia Garden Centre in Teesside and all the roads (side roads included) are running fine plenty of surface water but no floods thankfully.

The rain is becoming light and more patchy now here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

suns out might be a nice evening

Posted

Not bad here now the rain has cleared and the sun is out complete contrast to the past 12 hours or so

Posted

Something is brewing out there its turning very dark to my south west / west have a feeling we're in for a downpour shortly

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Storms, Snow Thunder, Supercells, all weather extremes

Something is brewing out there its turning very dark to my south west / west have a feeling we're in for a downpour shortly

i was watching that from my office window but it came to nothing, about 4.30 something was brewing to the east of us but that also came to nothing

Posted

i was watching that from my office window but it came to nothing, about 4.30 something was brewing to the east of us but that also came to nothing

Yeah I was amazed (or should I be) that we missed that probable storm/s it seems like we were right on the edge if it

Edited by Gavin.

Posted

Just watched bbc news weather with helen willets and shes just said north east north west and northern ireland are from tonight expected to get a months rain fall in 24 hours, so were are the warnings for this im sure if it was further south things would be different

Posted

Weather warning issued for tomorrow

Issued at: 11:35 on Friday 17th May 2013

Valid from: 03:00 on Saturday 18th May 2013

Valid to: 2:100 on Saturday 18th May 2013

Outbreaks of heavy rain are expected to spread westwards across northern England on Saturday. The public should be aware of the potential for some localised disruption to transport.

Chief Forecaster's assessment

An area of low pressure is expected to move westwards across central parts of the UK from the North Sea on Saturday. This will contain some very moist air and is likely to generate some heavy rainfall. The heaviest rainfall is likely to occur during the morning before easing in places during the afternoon and then finally dying out during the evening. There is currently some uncertainty over the track of the area of low pressure and therefore also the extent of the heavy rain, with the greatest uncertainty over the southern boundary of the yellow area. This warning may be updated later Friday or early Saturday, hence the public are advised to stay in touch with the latest forecasts.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&regionName=ne&fcTime=1368831600

Posted

Its bouncing out there at the mo, my bk garden is flooded grrrrrrrrr

Posted

13.2mm of rain in Darlo since midnight and its still falling

Update to the warning which expires at 21:00 this evening

Further outbreaks of heavy rain are expected to spread westwards across northern England today (Saturday). The public should be aware of the potential for some localised disruption to due to surface water flooding or, more locally, to river flooding.

Chief Forecaster's assessment

An area of low pressure will move westwards across central parts of the UK from the North Sea on Saturday. This will contain some very moist air and is likely to generate some heavy rainfall. The heaviest rainfall is likely to occur during the morning before easing in places during the afternoon and then finally dying out during the evening. Up to around 40 mm could fall in a period of 6 to 9 hours in a few locations, although 20-30 mm will be a more general figure. There remains some uncertainty as to the extent of the heaviest rain and related impacts, though these now look most likely to be across the northern half of northern England. Therefore this warning has been updated to exclude some southern parts of northern England, along with the north Midlands and Lincolnshire, from the warning area. Additionally, more of north and east Cumbria is now included within the warning area.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&regionName=ne&fcTime=1368831600

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Grim.

Posted

Just passed 17mm but the sky is brightening now.
Very heavy rain the last 2 or 3 hours and we are on the southern edge of the worst area.

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Not so sure about the rain easing for that long this afternoon, there's a mass of cloud making inroads towards the Uk and growing in intensity as it glides across the North sea currently its looking likely it may hit Northern parts of the North-east possibly Tyne & Wear Northwards, one to watch.

post-5386-0-50464900-1368870047_thumb.pn

http://www.sat24.com/en/gb

post-5386-0-32672100-1368870034_thumb.pn

http://www.radareu.cz/

Edited by NL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms and heat, North Sea snow

Just been out, loads of flooded roads around already. It must be worse in County Durham where the heaviest stuff seems to have hit, although its pretty torrential here now.

Posted

its turned very light here now my bk garden is under water

Posted

Anyone here that could give an update for penrith area?

Posted

The rain has eased off significantly now only a light drizzle at the worst now all is well here no flooding in the garden

Posted

I've seen 30mm already mentioned in Penrith.
It has stopped here on 18.4mm (plus 4mm before midnight) but I guess a few more showery patches will pass over.