Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 22/03/13 08z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy winters,warm summers and Storms

i cant believe it missed you i live close to bt too and got more than him

And would you believe it just been to the shop and RAIN you really could not make this up

C.S

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Conditions have worsened here. Blowing full blizzard. Bt I haven't checked depth yet, but I'd suggest it must be about the same. Wind is horrific, the snow is blinding. Just got back from going to the supermarket. Everywhere is at a crawl. Can barely see 100m in front of you. There has to be a significant wind chill to this too. Very nasty conditions outside.

Still, this will keep intensifying through the evening and overnight. Could easily end up with projected 40CM+ at the intensity this is coming down. Winter wonderland out there right now.

Excellent post mate, conditions out there are simply amazing. Wave goodbye to the curbs for a few days I guess.

I think somewhere between 20cm and 30cm would be a good estimate right now :)

Posted

it is weakening HC can see it on radar

It isn't at all. There are a number of people making claims that are not true, regardless of what the radar is showing. I said, it was getting more intense, it is, The radar does not show it, but I can very definitely tell you though, the conditions around here, are very bad, and the snow is coming down at a rate of knots.

Posted

Thanks Pete.

Are you at a decent elevation?

Not too bad, 350 feet.

Pete

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

Actually thats not quite true. The amount recorded at 6am this morning was 5CM, then we had the little blip with the dp, and lost a good 3CM, but unlike yourself, we kept the snowing going, except it was that wet nast crap, people really hate, that never sticks even on dry surfaces.

weve had snow all day it hasnt stopped even though it has been melting on the floors etc. really dry snow too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Videos and pics don't do how rough it is justice.

Yes it's certainly turned nasty in our part of the region over the last hour or so and currently at least shows no signs of easing.

Could be some serious conditions and not just on the Pennines by morning at this rate.

Posted
  • Location: Cheshire, 5 miles from Manchester Airport as the 737 flies!
  • Location: Cheshire, 5 miles from Manchester Airport as the 737 flies!

And would you believe it just been to the shop and RAIN you really could not make this up

C.S

Yup, same here! Well, sleety stuff!

Posted

Conditions have worsened here. Blowing full blizzard. Bt I haven't checked depth yet, but I'd suggest it must be about the same. Wind is horrific, the snow is blinding. Just got back from going to the supermarket. Everywhere is at a crawl. Can barely see 100m in front of you. There has to be a significant wind chill to this too. Very nasty conditions outside.

Still, this will keep intensifying through the evening and overnight. Could easily end up with projected 40CM+ at the intensity this is coming down. Winter wonderland out there right now.

Whaaat, it's basically been stopped here for ages

Posted

It isn't at all. There are a number of people making claims that are not true, regardless of what the radar is showing. I said, it was getting more intense, it is, The radar does not show it, but I can very definitely tell you though, the conditions around here, are very bad, and the snow is coming down at a rate of knots.

Throws laptop out of the window......AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHH

C.S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

1cm will do COME ON

Posted

i do believe you your one of the first people i trust on here for synoptics and stuff but the radar did show it weakening but in the last frame has started expanding again

Posted

also it is really bad here too only fine snow but lots of it with strong winds. had to clean sky dish a few times in last hour

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snowy. Summer: Warm/gentle breeze. Anytime: thunderstorms/gales.

Blizzard conditions here in St Anne's but still struggling to settle. Really hope this improves. Sounds amazing in many areas now though.

Posted

Front has stalled for now, will move northwards but not away from our region and will then sink back south, so what we've already experienced will revisit our region during the early hours anyway thanks to that cold front. It'll be around 12/1am before it starts to sink back south, so yes, Met Office are likely to be SPOT ON with the estimates of 20-40cm for this area. :)

Posted

its funny as there has been more snow on the sides of lamp posts than anywhere else

Posted

Whaaat, it's basically been stopped here for ages

I bet you have the powdery stuff, you should stick your head outside and check.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Just been out. It not big flakes but still blizard conditions.is still settling nicely.

Posted

Front has stalled for now, will move northwards but not away from our region and will then sink back south, so what we've already experienced will revisit our region during the early hours anyway thanks to that cold front. It'll be around 12/1am before it starts to sink back south, so yes, Met Office are likely to be SPOT ON with the estimates of 20-40cm for this area. smile.png

will bleeding miss me when it comes south two

C.S

Not quite true BT all cheshire was under an amber warning

Edited by cheshire snow

Posted

Ppn seems heavier than on most radars. netw seems to have the most accurate radar tonight.

Posted

all that intense stuff from france, is pretty much merging and heading over us. So plenty more to come I should think. Met want to go all day saturday with snow, at least until the afternoon.

Posted

will bleeding miss me when it comes south two

C.S

Not quite true BT all cheshire was under an amber warning

It's worth noting that the front is backbuilding, and therefore is likely to give you some snow also before it sinks south.. Look at the energy injection around Aberyswyth on the radar loop..