Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 22/03/13 12z ------->

A.J

Posted

Enderby, Leicestershire reporting in... it's sleet at best. rain with slush in it more like. Nothing sticking.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

When does the stuff in the Irish Sea start to sink back south east

Posted

When does the stuff in the Irish Sea start to sink back south east

Possibly not till it fizzles out if the gfs is right. That suggests the increase in intensity will be from precip in the south west pushing northwards

Posted

Dam hoping for that irish sea to push northwards to keep a steady rate

Posted

Possibly not till it fizzles out if the gfs is right. That suggests the increase in intensity will be from precip in the south west pushing northwards

What's your gut feeling for our part the country snow tornado

Posted

What's your gut feeling for our part the country snow tornado

If its start to settle ASAP then perhaps 10cms. The problem is it looks like we could have 20cms of snow fall and only 2-5 settles.

Posted

Evening all!!!!

I've been really dissappointed today :(

It's been trying to snow here (Long Eaton Notts) all day, then started to sleet this aft, now got some snowflakes but nothing much to report and nothing sticking.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Hey shaun if u wanted snow u shud of moved here not the cotswolds.il send u sum by air mail hopefully u will get it before it melts down there lol

Well I would of moved their mark but I heard the housing market came right down after you moved there lol !!

Oh and don't worry mods , this "new guy" mark is my brother would you believe , yes two weather freaks in the same household !! So please can every one give my brother a warm welcome to the mad house ?!!!

Edited by Severe Siberian icy blast

Posted

Serious post. Folks it may look light snow but the main roads are covered in a snowy slushy mess, the A5 was terrible just please take care ,

Serious post. Folks it may look light snow but the main roads are covered in a snowy slushy mess, the A5 was terrible just please take care ,

Posted

Enderby, Leicestershire reporting in... it's sleet at best. rain with slush in it more like. Nothing sticking.

It's snow in Hinckley, as far as I can tell. Not settling though.

Posted

If its start to settle ASAP then perhaps 10cms. The problem is it looks like we could have 20cms of snow fall and only 2-5 settles.

Yep I think it is just to wet.......I think the snow will fall, but with only a slight accumulation.

We don't seem to get the heavy stuff

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Hi TM, amazing weather for these parts as you have expressed in the conditions thread...any thoughts on over-all snow depth's from this system?

I've just looked at the NMM precipitation accumulation forecast for our area, which is usually pretty accurate at this range, and they're suggesting another 25 mm or so of 'rainfall' between now and early Saturday afternoon. With the snow dry and light that would be about 30-35 cm of snow which, added to what we've already got, would take us to around 45-50 cm of level snow.

If that materialises it would be impressive at any time of year and comparable with the heaviest snowfalls I've recorded such as Feb' 1979 and late April 1981 which produced mean depths of 53 and 59 cm respectively with some enormous drifts.

The blizzard in Feb' 1979 filled Badger cutting on the High Peak Trail to a depth of about 30 feet, I'd love to see that happen again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow - or HOT

OK, here comes a positive post.

People west of Wolverhampton, the heavy stuff over Wales is heading your way.

People in Birmingham and the Black Country, we have a long fetch all the way down to the south coast with some heavier stuff in it.

People in the East Midlands, look towards London and Kent and the heavier stuff developing there, could be heading your way.

People in the Peak District...well you're just lucky sods.

There...everyone is happy!

What's it like up in Gornal Gord? Snowing in Halesowen, but small flakes and very light, blowing around very much in the wind, settling on cars but not much else, I'd really like at least a covering for the little one to play in tomorrow!

Posted

Just back from a walk with the dog and its coming down heavy. Unfortunately its sleet at best giving grass a dusting but plenty of time yet. acute.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Reporting from West Malvern - we have snow, just light at present but it's settling on the road on on what was left of last night's snow. Currently 0.2oC here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,storms and sunshine!!!

Looks like the band of PPN is becoming better organised and pretty much all heading our way!!

Posted

Just had a walk outside and some beautiful scenes. Snow on all trees, 3 inch level depth across the lawn,and still snowing steadily. I am supposed to be working at Tansley, Matlock tomorrow. I feel that's a bit unlikely from the comments on this thread.

As regards snow this evening. There is still lots of precipitation in our area(not as heavy as earlier)and I am sure we will keep have intermittent snow but intensification is required from the south west to improve our area for significant snow later this evening and overnight