Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 22/03/13 12z ------->

A.J

Posted

The NMM Ni Res 12Z Model courtesy of NW Extra shows decent acc totals by 12z tomorrow-around 5-10cm for much of the region.

post-2026-0-74465900-1363973588_thumb.pn

certainly snowing well here now in N.Warks since around 4pm just starting to settle on car roofs ,grass etc.

Latest V6 radar shows precipitation widely across the region turning more to snow from the north in the last hour or so.

Dews at 0C with surface temps around 1C.

Looking promising and perhaps the earlier pessimism by a few posters maybe a little premature?

Why the hole around Liverpool towards West Manchester ? Merseyside is seeing and is closest to the heaviest stuff over the Irish Sea.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

It's showing signs of settling. needs one last push. CMON.

Are you talking about the snow or giving birth?! laugh.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

Some pretty explosive snow in Solihull earlier with some slight settling in places... (although these pics don't really portray how heavy it really got at one point).

post-10703-0-78740300-1363973736_thumb.ppost-10703-0-66539200-1363973765_thumb.ppost-10703-0-90138300-1363973802_thumb.p

The snow seems to have picked up a little again with that dry gap on the radar to the South constantly filling up with light precipitation, but fingers crossed this ends up being a snow event for all of us to remember. (Although with the snow that occured in January, I suppose I shouldn't let myself become too much of a greedy red line wink.png ).

Posted

If you want to catch the snow falling with a digital camera, try putting it on the 'sports' setting and you'll be able to catch the flakes more easily on film.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

not much of a thaw really today, snow started again around 3.30pm, and now is heavy, starting to stick on thawed bits, and wind howling

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Heavy snow with white-out blizzard conditions continue here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Why the hole around Liverpool towards West Manchester ? Merseyside is seeing and is closest to the heaviest stuff over the Irish Sea.

Low precip acc around that area for the next 24hrs showing there Ian 3 to 7mm would you believe-rain shadow?

Must be the main reason i guess.dews are modeled to be 0c to -1C surface temps around 2C at 12z tomorrow around there.

Posted
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl
  • Location: Sedgley / Dudley - West Midlands - 757ft (219m) asl

Forecast n models pretty spot on here so far.

Got back from work and not that much has thawed since this morning.

Few pints in the snow later at a few pubs whilst the snow piles in, fingers crossed!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Tried posting images here of last night's snow and how things look currently. We need dark to come as quickly as possible and cars to telephone box off home! I have to be honest, Snow could fall whilst I was on holiday in Dubai in the middle of July and it would be amazing, UNLESS it stuck blum.gif.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, thunder, hail & heavy snow

If you want to catch the snow falling with a digital camera, try putting it on the 'sports' setting and you'll be able to catch the flakes more easily on film.

Thanks! Will try that next time. Always kinda wondered how other people managed to do it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Yes PM it just keeps getting heavier here no sign of this slowing down yet and the worst of it is yet to come i shudder to think what it will be like in the morning. its getting dark so better get that seat in the window ready for some serious lamp post watching.....good.gif

Posted

Yes PM it just keeps getting heavier here no sign of this slowing down yet and the worst of it is yet to come i shudder to think what it will be like in the morning. its getting dark so better get that seat in the window ready for some serious lamp post watching.....good.gif

Eye looks like it's now set in for the next 15hrs, dangerous conditions out there now...

Posted

picture from beeley tops about 5 m ins in car from here, but some height taken 1 hour ago

as i type its heavest snow of the day, utterly crazey. help.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gifhelp.gif

post-2248-0-18232900-1363974891_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

really is like a blizzard out there, like 18th Jan, only amounts a bit patchy

blizzard often wrongly used on here, true meaning is wind howling, even if snow is not all that heavy

Edited by ihatetherain

Posted

not much of a thaw really today, snow started again around 3.30pm, and now is heavy, starting to stick on thawed bits, and wind howling

i really have noticed the wind today mark, some strong gusts and also not much of a thaw here either

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow! Severe storms.

Horrid sleety mix here in West Malvern. Snow already fallen earlier has been thawing slowly all day, so pretty slushy out. Temperature's falling, it's 0.7oC currently, dewpoint -0.2. Wish it would snow properly, one minute it's large flakes, then rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

So has tonight's risk downgraded now?

Accumulations level have I'd say. The intensity of the PPN currently doesn't look brillant either - it is early though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Heres that video from earlier

Starts of on my anometer and moves down to street level

top gust today 27.1mph......so far

http://youtu.be/gXiXsuvtTPw

Please excuse my pittyfull atempts of a live stream this morning,,,,,i`m suffering from a severe bout of dummy Brummie syndrome over this procedure.....they put fluoride in our water you knowfool.gif

Posted

Accumulations level have I'd say. The intensity of the PPN currently doesn't look brillant either - it is early though.

I thought this afternoon there wasn't much of a chance of this lasting all night