Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 22/03/13 12z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

Sleet still here, virtually all of last night's snow washed away bar roofs. No chance of anything sticking, know or after dark.

Same here, and it's pretty light as well. Non-event score: 9/10 right now. (And yes, I know it may well change! But if it doesn't, 9/10.)

Posted

Sleet still here, virtually all of last night's snow washed away bar roofs. No chance of anything sticking, know or after dark.

Wet ground has VERY little impact on settling snow contrary to popular belief, just so ya' know.

Posted

Wet ground has VERY little impact on settling snow contrary to popular belief, just so ya' know.

yes this frustrates me so much and i stopped bothering to argue, yes snow isnt likely to settle on puddles but it depends on the ground temperature

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Coming down thick and fast here, paths turning white and trees/bushes starting to droop

How?! Sleet and puddles here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Get thicker again godamit!

ohmy.pngblink.pngblink.pngblink.pngrofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Rubbish here! We had a brief period of snow when they dp dropped to 0.4 and it is now back up to 1.1 and raining. I have a bad feeling about this....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

How?! Sleet and puddles here.

Simple explanation. Rugeley Power Station. Get out of the area.

Posted

Very small wet flakes, almost sleet, roads soaking wet. Need that low to move slowly E up the Bristol channel rather than bore into SW Wales. As it stands the only places below 200m I can see getting more than temporary accumulatioms are Derby/Notts maybe N Leics, if it gets that far NE!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Snowmageddon here, G&T's out now..

Yep its getting nasty here too PM The miners inn has gone from sight.....help.gifhelp.gif

Posted

Had some very thick and very heavy snow pass through here about half an hour ago, heaviest I've seen all winter. Was incredible! Main roads are starting to grind to a halt around this end of Dudley as it's settling everywhere...including the main roads. Much smaller flakes now but still coming down with some oomph.

Posted

Stop panicking polar Warsaw . If it was the old days with no radar or forums you would be watching this event unfold after having only a lunchtime forecast off Bill Giles and thinking its ok I'm not due the big stuff until tonight.

If you get 10 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow do you formally promise not to moan that its not 11 inches or its not powdery enough.

It's nearly April. This is chuffing amazing. Enjoy!!

Posted

Rubbish here! We had a brief period of snow when they dp dropped to 0.4 and it is now back up to 1.1 and raining. I have a bad feeling about this....

I can't see much at all for the South West Midlands or Warks, the PPN distribution is in the wrong place and I can only see a gradually weakening as the night goes on.

Posted

Hmm. How positive/negative do I need to be here? I thought the main event wasn't going to be until 7pm ish but looking at the radar I'm a little concerned. This morning I thought snowfest, now I'm thinking, well, hmm!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes n snow

Thick in stoke now

Don't talk about your friend like that.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Simple explanation. Rugeley Power Station. Get out of the area.

Tell me about it. The 1-3 miles surrounding my house and area, are without a doubt the SINGLE worst spot in the entire midlands in marginal events. It really is.

Posted

In the annoying flurry gap here at the moment but it's still to mild to stick anyway so hopefully the heavy stuff waiting till after dusk.

Posted

Struggling to see how this is going to last until tommorow . We are nearly half way through already