Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 22/03/13 12z ------->

A.J

Posted

Just got back from my swim, was a little choppy to say the least...

http://www.facebook....51864748029012"

I hope you didn't mind me posting that picture of you earlier PM. You've got one mighty fine body.

Bish

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNAW

Just got back from my swim, was a little choppy to say the least...

http://www.facebook....51864748029012"

Cant view link wont allow me to..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Its losing intensity as it progresses north, so areas immediately next to brum are getting pasted, the rest of Staffs are getting rain, sleet and a thaw. Bit of a joke really.

Posted

Crazy, unbelievable snowfall for the past 25 minutes, pretty much a full blown blizzard now. Just starting to stick as well.

Temp is 0.8c, DP is -0.4c

Bish

Posted

Its losing intensity as it progresses north, so areas immediately next to brum are getting pasted, the rest of Staffs are getting rain, sleet and a thaw. Bit of a joke really.

North Staffs are getting snow, albeit fairly wet stuff.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

North Staffs are getting snow, albeit fairly wet stuff.

Yep, but nothing is sticking because things are too marginal/not heavy enough. 2 friends I've spoken to in neighbouring towns are all reporting the same weather and a drip drop, puddle thaw! Going to be some turnaround for accumulating snow later.

Posted

Yep, but nothing is sticking because things are too marginal/not heavy enough. 2 friends I've spoken to in neighbouring towns are all reporting the same weather and a drip drop, puddle thaw! Going to be some turnaround for accumulating snow later.

Not really, it's going exactly as planned right now.

Posted

Gonna be hard to watch the England game tonight, will prob miss most of it as i gaze at the lamp post, best we dont go on about lamp post watching as the bloody torries will stick a tax on it.... Cameron will call it the lamp post tax and the cost will go up in the winter..diablo.gif

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Cant view link wont allow me to..

Try this one BS.. http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151864748029012&l=4561632795814824269

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted

Heavy snow again now, and lots to come shortly. Temp dropped to 0.3c and dew point -0.7. We really are in a good place just now.

Posted

Heavy snow again now, and lots to come shortly. Temp dropped to 0.3c and dew point -0.7. We really are in a good place just now.

How much do you think we'll get in total? I'm hopeful for around 20cm. :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and hot, sunny summers!

So it begins.

Persistent light snow now falling with heavier bursts every now and then, with strong gusts. Looking forward to this!

Posted

Gonna be hard to watch the England game tonight, will prob miss most of it as i gaze at the lamp post, best we dont go on about lamp post watching as the bloody torries will stick a tax on it.... Cameron will call it the lamp post tax and the cost will go up in the winter..diablo.gif

He's doing a damn sight more than the Labour onionse that was in before him for the working classes.

Anyway, back on topic... light snow falling here now. :)

Posted

I hope you didn't mind me posting that picture of you earlier PM. You've got one mighty fine body.

Bish

Yes, that i have.... only it's a little red now whistling.gif

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Guys, there is one vital ingredient missing from this thread... PICTURES!!! rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, snow and more snow

well decided not to risk it and left work early after hearing the reports of the early snow on here at lunchtime. Get back home to Northampton and guess what....nothing. not even a flake. it wouldn't surprise me if this 'event' turns out to be nothing over here after all. what a waste.

Posted

WOW just looked out the window and OMG ITS BELTING IT DOWN... never seen it like this before. PM good video by the way where did you take it??

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Cold

well decided not to risk it and left work early after hearing the reports of the early snow on here at lunchtime. Get back home to Northampton and guess what....nothing. not even a flake. it wouldn't surprise me if this 'event' turns out to be nothing over here after all. what a waste.

Why didn't you check the radar or weather app ? There was never supposed to be any snow in Northampton at this time.