Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Midlands Regional Discussion 22/03/13 12z ------->

A.J

Posted

Getting confused by comments on here some saying snow till Sunday and 20cms and other posts saying nothing :/ I thought the whole midlands was in for a pounding all night and tomorrow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

The amount of worry in here is incredible. Just be pleased your seeing snow at the back end of March in what is turning to a real Cold month. If your struggling to see accumulations now, chances are most probably wont see more than what they woke up with this morning, maybe slightly more. I may do a forecast for the Midlands region later. Because I care. But because I still hold this thread needs some forecasting input. I shall how to deviate from my Cornish duties. :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snowy winters and hot, sunny summers!

Very heavy stuff now, finally showing signs of settling on the grass.

Noticed the DP has just dropped to 0C here so that's probably the trigger for this :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and sun in winter; warm and bright otherwise; not a big storm fan

I can't see much at all for the South West Midlands or Warks, the PPN distribution is in the wrong place and I can only see a gradually weakening as the night goes on.

I'll give it until the 10.35pm BBC1 weather, but the main problem here is that it's just not cold enough. Sleety rain is almost all we've had for hours and hours and hours now. Far more frustrating than missing snow by 300 miles! As for "snow at the back end of March", in 2008 we had it in the first week of April, and it was a million miles nicer than this despite not lasting long.

Edited by Arctic Hare

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms

how do i found out what the dew point is in my area i really want to know if it will stick

Not sure if you want Stourbridge or Kidderminster, so:

Stourbridge: http://stourbridgeweather.org.uk/

Blakedown: http://www.mecol.co.uk/weather/

I couldn't find a weather station for Kidderminster

Edited by Snowmoon

Posted

The amount of worry in here is incredible. Just be pleased your seeing snow at the back end of March in what is turning to a real Cold month. If your struggling to see accumulations now, chances are most probably wont see more than what they woke up with this morning, maybe slightly more. I may do a forecast for the Midlands region later. Because I care. But because I still hold this thread needs some forecasting input. I shall how to deviate from my Cornish duties. :lol:

its a shame you moved really mate we dont have MANY experienced members in here and when one person posts something misleading many people follow this, i would be interested in your forecast :)

Posted

The amount of worry in here is incredible. Just be pleased your seeing snow at the back end of March in what is turning to a real Cold month. If your struggling to see accumulations now, chances are most probably wont see more than what they woke up with this morning, maybe slightly more. I may do a forecast for the Midlands region later. Because I care. But because I still hold this thread needs some forecasting input. I shall how to deviate from my Cornish duties. laugh.png

No worries here. Mainly because of the fantastic January we had. (and also because we've had amazing snow here in the past hour!)

Edited by Gord

Posted

Getting confused by comments on here some saying snow till Sunday and 20cms and other posts saying nothing :/ I thought the whole midlands was in for a pounding all night and tomorrow

That's because people are panicking those have sleet or rain need to hold on, the snow lines forecast to move southwards, as for The precip currently seems to be pepping up and the gaps filling in atm

Posted

Looks like the ppn is breaking up on the radar. I can't see where its all gonna come from tonight? What's actually supposed to happen?

Posted

kicked off here now, been on the hill tops, couple of vans on their side in the fields, blizzard conditions, 4,5,6,feet from wall tops to wall tops,

constant heavy snow, for last hour, gonner be some big accumalations on hills, truly dangerous later tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,storms and sunshine!!!

So I take it that these fronts are meant to retreat south wards at some stage this evening giving a good dumping to the whole Midlands and it lasting thru till sunday?? Does seem to be a lot of pessimism in here..it's not even dark yet so let's wait and see what happens after dark and the cold really kicks in..come on people lets all think positive!!! It's march!!

Posted

Struggling to see how this is going to last until tommorow . We are nearly half way through already

As others have said, it's not 'lasting' thats the problem, if you look at the circulation the pivot has occurred and the PPN is going nowhere, but how much will stick is open to question, but some of the bigger totals being bandied about by the METO are clearly out of the game.

Posted

Looks like the ppn is breaking up on the radar. I can't see where its all gonna come from tonight? What's actually supposed to happen?

i no things just happens to quick . The two fronts have merged but seem to push east . We need a nw wind to blow down all that stuff from ireland . Hoping for what we got now to stall or the stuff up north to pivot down

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter long heavy snow! & warm summer days

very grey and steady moderate snow supposed to pep up through the evening, if it does it will truly be a memorable event, not necessarily for the quantity but more so for the lateness of it, i mean late march hope it begins to stall and spread out across the area so everyone can join in, (once evryone is home safe of course".

Posted

Snow was sticking up at Corley (600ft ASL) but back in Bedworth , it's still not sticking (400 ft) give it an hour and it'll stick.

As for folk saying it's going to be over soon, the blob over towards the north west will be dragged back southeastwards as the low pressure system moves east.

THAT'S what going to give the big dumping for the region, not what's going on now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

The NMM Ni Res 12Z Model courtesy of NW Extra shows decent acc totals by 12z tomorrow-around 5-10cm for much of the region.

post-2026-0-74465900-1363973588_thumb.pn

certainly snowing well here now in N.Warks since around 4pm just starting to settle on car roofs ,grass etc.

Latest V6 radar shows precipitation widely across the region turning more to snow from the north in the last hour or so.

Dews at 0C with surface temps around 1C.

Looking promising and perhaps the earlier pessimism by a few posters maybe a little premature?

Posted

As others have said, it's not 'lasting' thats the problem, if you look at the circulation the pivot has occurred and the PPN is going nowhere, but how much will stick is open to question, but some of the bigger totals being bandied about by the METO are clearly out of the game.

Ahh thanks ian sorry for my novice knowledge . It seems where me and you are that we wont have much problem with stick if we get some heavy bursts and now i no its going to last for some time i can chill out . What will be will be