Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny

I think anyone unhappy about losing the super high pressure is living in the wrong country - try the Midwest of the US Posted Image

I know I am but don't have the money to move anywhere warmer or I would be on the first plane out of here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms & Snow

If it's going to continue hot, with hot uncomfortable nights, it can all go to hell as far as i'm concerned Sick to death with punks out on the streets, during these warm nights Everyone leaving their windows wide open, with unsavioury smells, and crap music blasting out Everyone will be turning into zombies, as the lack of decent sleep, surely effects the mind

Add rude, obnoxious and ungrateful customers at supermarkets to this list.Sick to death of sweltering and wilting when struggling to keep the trolley bays full for these ungrateful wretches (usually young studenty types all boozed up) - only to get tutted at, moaned at or some other negative response just because I am in their way.Bad enough feeling annoyed about missing out on the storms without the double kick in the teeth of suffering in the humid muck and having to be at the wrath of other peoples tantrums and strops.

Posted

Add rude, obnoxious and ungrateful customers at supermarkets to this list.Sick to death of sweltering and wilting when struggling to keep the trolley bays full for these ungrateful wretches (usually young studenty types all boozed up) - only to get tutted at, moaned at or some other negative response just because I am in their way.Bad enough feeling annoyed about missing out on the storms without the double kick in the teeth of suffering in the humid muck and having to be at the wrath of other peoples tantrums and strops.

i'm sure it's much better in the freezing cold and snow lololol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Very disappointing output today IMO.

A spell of unsettled weather looks unavoidable hopefully just a blip in what has been a truely beautiful summer.

ps is there an ignore button on this forum? Trolling it seems is acceptable on net weather...

Click your name (top right) then click Manage Ignore Prefs

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

i have a horrible feeling that we wont get another dry warm settled spell other the an odd day or two here and there :(

im taking my pool down later today.. i cant see it being used again this year.

roll on next june...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

i have a horrible feeling that we wont get another dry warm settled spell other the an odd day or two here and there Posted Image

roll on next june...

Probably in Sept we will, August is usually unsettled/autumnal, well certainly since '04, Sep though usually brings at least a week of hot weather

Posted

i have a horrible feeling that we wont get another dry warm settled spell other the an odd day or two here and there Posted Image

roll on next june...

I agree, output looks awful today and can't see why some are looking at it in a positive way, just looks like alot of rain.

Posted

I have to say to the two of you, read the posts in mid June, summer over, roll on next year etc etc.

Who knows what the next 5 weeks of meteorological summer will bring. September, apart from the shortening days, can also bring 'summer' type weather, even heat, 2006 for one example.

No doubt we will get the same comments about winter by 30 November, if no deep cold is showing.

I really do give up on some of the daft non scientific comments some folk make. I know it is the moaning thread but gut feelings etc are notoriously wrong at times, mushy had the decency to admit his error about summer 1991 just to prove what I am trying to get across.

We do live in the UK so the averages for each area for each month are what folk should go by not some mystical hope of the Med in summer or the Arctic in winter, realism perhaps is the word I should use?

• Like 1

Posted

I agree, output looks awful today and can't see why some are looking at it in a positive way, just looks like alot of rain.

i think people are looking at the temp profiles, which do look good with the 10c upper isotherm flirting with us for alot of the time. but they are missing out on cloud potential, and rain, which isnt pleasant once everything has had a drink to moisten the dust.

I have to say to the two of you, read the posts in mid June, summer over, roll on next year etc etc.

Who knows what the next 5 weeks of meteorological summer will bring. September, apart from the shortening days, can also bring 'summer' type weather, even heat, 2006 for one example.

No doubt we will get the same comments about winter by 30 November, if no deep cold is showing.

I really do give up on some of the daft non scientific comments some folk make. I know it is the moaning thread but gut feelings etc are notoriously wrong at times, mushy had the decency to admit his error about summer 1991 just to prove what I am trying to get across.

We do live in the UK so the averages for each area for each month are what folk should go by not some mystical hope of the Med in summer or the Arctic in winter, realism perhaps is the word I should use?

point is though john, as i see it hot spells dont just materialise out of nothing most of the time... (i know its not impossible). we appear to be moving away from the synoptical pattern that would give us settled heat... so there might be 5 weeks of summer left, but theres nothing happening for at least 1 on those weeks and probably 2... leaving 3.... and thats IF something evolves by then. now that might not be scientific, maybe there is something scientific that i just dont know about (long wave patterns? guessing...) but instinct and experience isnt necessarily 'daft'..

yeah it appears my thoughts on 91 were incorrect, and i was kinda wrong (but not totally) when i posted 'it aint gonna happen' in early june... well... we have had heat so i was half wrong, but i did cite great summers as things that were not going to happen, and it hasnt.. we might have enjoyed a great hot spell, but as far as im concerned it hasnt topped 06, 03, 95, 90, 91, 89, 84, 83, 75, 76... and now the heatwave has gone without any prospect of a quick return, i think that part of my 'daft comment' will hold water! :lol:

• Like 2

Posted

as for heat in september...i dont want it!

my scented flowers are out in bloom now. my gardens all but finished by september, plus the low sun, daylength, its just not the same.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

I want warm in September - my plants (especially long season crops like peppers) need the warmth as long as possible.

Although true the short day length means it's a weekend only thing as far as being out in it goes. By late Sept its still 'nice' but my garden will be getting a couple of hours at best of direct sunlight so crops need to be done by then! Last year I had to ripen indoors in November... not quite the same!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

September is the kind of month where I simply do not care what the weather does - unseasonably cool and hot weather can occur, I don't care. I don't want warm weather in October though, except a few days early in the month.

Posted

as for heat in september...i dont want it!my scented flowers are out in bloom now. my gardens all but finished by september, plus the low sun, daylength, its just not the same.

Who gives a flying do-da about the garden? Bring on some more sun and warmthJust loving this sunny "breakdown" - we're hitting almost 5 weeks here of sun and warmth.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

roll on next june...

Having second thoughts now rob? Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I doubt we'll get another three-week-long hot dry spell like the one we've just had. But, with all that hot air just to our S, SE and E, I certainly wouldn't write off the chance of any more hot weather between now and mid October...

In fact, being a gardener, I find heat combined with rain quite a useful compromise.Posted Image 

• Like 2

Posted

To write off the rest of Summer for a further dry, v warm spell is a bit drastic, considering it's not even August yet.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

To write off the rest of Summer for a further dry, v warm spell is a bit draztik considering it's not even August yet.

Edited your post for you BB. :)
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Fantastic output again tonight continuing a great summer of model watching. Still no endless lows heading for the UK with a hint of more widespread settled conditions at the end of the ECM. Looking humid and warm, becoming hot for a while. Quite a bit of rain around though.

Posted

Who gives a flying do-da about the garden? Bring on some more sun and warmth

enjoy your maccy d's...ill have the full 5 course meal that is appreciating all of what summer has to offer, not just the sun.

Having second thoughts now rob? Posted Image

no...why?... 48 hours of heat isnt long enough to put my pool up for... need 3 consecutive days of 25c+ to make it worthwhile.

To write off the rest of Summer for a further dry, v warm spell is a bit drastic, considering it's not even August yet.

why? there are atm no signes from the teleconnections that anything warm, dry and sunny will evolve. true we will probably get short lived spells, but in terms of a decent settled dry warm spell thats longer then 3 days, there simply is no sign of that evolving.

now it might do, but we appear to be moving away from settled, and moving towards changable.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

I know it's off topic but I have opened up a Net weather fantasy football league for all you good people out there.

To enter go to www.premierleague.com , pick a team and go to join league.....

Then enter code 284650-75358.

Thank you and hope to see some of you there.

Take care

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny

I know it's off topic but I have opened up a Net weather fantasy football league for all you good people out there.

To enter go to www.premierleague.com , pick a team and go to join league.....

Then enter code 284650-75358.

Thank you and hope to see some of you there.

Take care

hi,is this the fantasy premier league,ive tried the code..it dont work?....

if not heres another code for anyone who wants to join

613340-149574

sorry off topic,Mods feel free to move to where it should bePosted Image

"footynet" is the name

Edited by BALE1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Dear north sea, can you please cease to exist. Thank you

• Like 1