• Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

Dear north sea, can you please cease to exist. Thank you

I was just about to write that myself cs

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

no way, can give me some good snow! especially 30th Nov- 02 Dec '10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Crappy fog here too, now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

Crappy fog here too, now!

whats with all this fog all the good stuff on raintodays a coming this way

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

no way, can give me some good snow! especially 30th Nov- 02 Dec '10

It can return in the winter, but so far this year the north sea has

ruined half of June in central/Eastern britain

Brought many cloudy days during the recent hot spell

Nuked every plume event this year including todays. Just watch on the radar every time and see the rain intensity just die when it gets north of London.

To be fair there is heavy rain now but that's it. Not even torrential

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: winter and summer

hi,is this the fantasy premier league,ive tried the code..it dont work?....

if not heres another code for anyone who wants to join

613340-149574

sorry off topic,Mods feel free to move to where it should bePosted Image

"footynet" is the name

Should work as other people have joined!.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

It can return in the winter, but so far this year the north sea has

ruined half of June in central/Eastern britain

Brought many cloudy days during the recent hot spell

Nuked every plume event this year including todays. Just watch on the radar every time and see the rain intensity just die when it gets north of London.

To be fair there is heavy rain now but that's it. Not even torrential

yep i agree, out of the 17 days of 'heatwave' 5 have been ruined by the north sea, 4 gave stratus of which 2 were all day long stratus affairs.

some might go on about the great july we have had.... but its been spoilt for many of us by the dratted north sea, the north sea has stopped july 13 being as good as other great julys, esp 06, 83...

Posted

yep i agree, out of the 17 days of 'heatwave' 5 have been ruined by the north sea, 4 gave stratus of which 2 were all day long stratus affairs.some might go on about the great july we have had.... but its been spoilt for many of us by the dratted north sea, the north sea has stopped july 13 being as good as other great julys, esp 06, 83...

Great 5 weeks down here.National averages mean diddly squat when we've enjoyed fab weather.Feeling quite Autumnal here this morning.
  • Like 1

Posted

I think without checking my statistics it was 4 days here spolit by the N Sea low St. However I cannot complain as the month as a whole has been well above average for temperature, I don't have sunshine figures but that must be above as well.

6 days over 30C and 17 above 25C so the best July again without checking carefully since 2006 for my back garden.

Also very dry with two days rain really both thundery.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry summers with big thunderstorms.

It can return in the winter, but so far this year the north sea hasruined half of June in central/Eastern britainBrought many cloudy days during the recent hot spellNuked every plume event this year including todays. Just watch on the radar every time and see the rain intensity just die when it gets north of London.To be fair there is heavy rain now but that's it. Not even torrential

The N Sea tends to be a problem where there is a bigger sea track between land ie the north-east, as you get to Essex and Kent it gets smaller and smaller. My point is that you say the N sea has spoilt some of the summer for eastern areas but that just isn't really true for Essex - the low cloud muck that Norfolk got a few weeks back didn't affect us and temps still got to high 20s under a NE wind here in Chelmsford! Even Frinton waa reaching 23-24c, Sometimes it does have an influence but I would say it is probably influenced 50% less than Norfolk would be especially if I go on the stats of this summer! Edited by Alex

Posted

I think without checking my statistics it was 4 days here spolit by the N Sea low St. However I cannot complain as the month as a whole has been well above average for temperature, I don't have sunshine figures but that must be above as well.

6 days over 30C and 17 above 25C so the best July again without checking carefully since 2006 for my back garden.

Also very dry with two days rain really both thundery.

so you agree with me, 4 days ruined by stratus.. (plus one other where temps reached only 21c) :lol:

yeah im not complaining about the weather we have had, just pointing out that for some (quite alot actually) it wasnt wall to wall sun/heat . if id had 17/17 days of that it would have rivalled 06, but it didnt, and last weekend in particular it was pretty chilly under grey dull drizzly stratus all day for 2 days.

Posted

I find your pessimism a touch OTT mushy even with the smiley.

I was not here last weekend but one day appears to fit your complaint with a max of 18.9C the other had a max of 23.7C so hardly a 'poor' day I would imagine. Both sandwiched bewteen days, 4 or 5 at least with mid to upper 20's C and several of 30C in the week preceding last weekend. So as I originally posted 4 days below 20C the rest way above giving me a decent month in my view.

best we leave it and agree to disagree, depends on half full or half empty approaches I suspect. Perhaps not that different to the toys out of prams last evening if the most extremem storm did not affect some people.

Had you quoted June then yes I would agree, my own summation for my weather report into my web site 

'...also some days with wind/cloud off the N Sea'

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny

Should work as other people have joined!.

my apologies,i copied and pasted your code and included the full stop!...lol

cheers im inPosted Image

Posted

I find your pessimism a touch OTT mushy even with the smiley.I was not here last weekend but one day appears to fit your complaint with a max of 18.9C the other had a max of 23.7C so hardly a 'poor' day I would imagine. Both sandwiched bewteen days, 4 or 5 at least with mid to upper 20's C and several of 30C in the week preceding last weekend. So as I originally posted 4 days below 20C the rest way above giving me a decent month in my view.best we leave it and agree to disagree, depends on half full or half empty approaches I suspect. Perhaps not that different to the toys out of prams last evening if the most extremem storm did not affect some people.Had you quoted June then yes I would agree, my own summation for my weather report into my web site '...also some days with wind/cloud off the N Sea'

thats odd john, maybe the cloud burned off to give 23c. both days here were overcast and cool. either way 23 is nice but not heatwave material .

Posted

checking stats, stenson feilds is my nearest station on accuweather being about 2miles away. for last weekend it had recorded 21 and 22 , which under grey skies in a brisk northeasterly was cool. i feel moaning about that is justified especially when many otherplces had upper 20' s c.

i did say ive enjoyed the heat we have had though...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

I think the summer heat as peaked now, apart from odd day like this coming Thursday in the south east we are unlikely to see temps we had last week.

I´m predicting August to be average at best.

A few warm sunny days more especially in south and east but generally cooler and unsettled at times.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

It will be hard to better the 3 week spell of amazing heat and sunshine most have just experienced. So i would say the summer has also peaked. As for August being average at best. Well the ensembles are pointing towards the warmth continuing for the forseeable future with any hints at cooler conditions not lasting long. Rainfall will be nearer average and of course it wont be clear blue skies every day, but still the heat and sunshine will still make appearances

• Like 1

Posted

a different pattern appears to be emerging for august, at least early august.. its looking like we could get a seriese of hot thundery plumes, the first on thursday/friday, another next week, maybe more after. its not looking like that atlantic zonal regime will be in firm control for more then breif periods.

there might not be a lengthy (more then 3 days as a guide) of settled heat, but the odd plume here and there could raise temps high... we might not get another long hot spell, but we might not yet have seen the hottest day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme

a different pattern appears to be emerging for august, at least early august.. its looking like we could get a seriese of hot thundery plumes, the first on thursday/friday, another next week, maybe more after. its not looking like that atlantic zonal regime will be in firm control for more then breif periods.

there might not be a lengthy (more then 3 days as a guide) of settled heat, but the odd plume here and there could raise temps high... we might not get another long hot spell, but we might not yet have seen the hottest day.

The good old fashion couple of hot days and a thunderstorm scenario maybe............ 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anticyclonic unless a snow storm

It's a tough time to find anything to complain about this summer -  Heat.. Thunderstorms.. Heat..Thunderstorms.. Heat..

What's not to like?  Unless you dislike both of the above!

Edited by BlueSkies_do_I_see

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Lots of heat this summer - wonderful! Lack of storms IMBY is starting to annoy me though.

• Like 1

Posted

It's a tough time to find anything to complain about this summer -  Heat.. Thunderstorms.. Heat..Thunderstorms.. Heat..

What's not to like?  Unless you dislike both of the above!

heavy rain with thunder that sounds like a fart is no fun... i love with a passion proper thunderstorms, but thundery rain is useless in feeding that desire.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

We just need a really big squall to track across the country packed with lightning and thunder, moving from NW Scotland down to SE England, so everywhere gets effected - sorry, northern isles!

Edited by cheese

Posted

not looking good for heat lovers after tomorrow :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

not looking good for heat lovers after tomorrow Posted Image

To be honest, this summer has been no different then the last 6 really.

I just think that this time around we were more lucky that our settled spell happened in July rather then say April or October.Posted Image