Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps

Paul

Posted

Matt Hugo very confident of no return to summer weather for the first half of august..

"Low pressure is forecast to remain an influential feature of the weather throughout the first half of August and there is quite high confidence in this prediction"

We shall see, but don't think his summer forecast is panning out too well at the moment !

• Like 1

Posted

Good news for those of us fed up of the high humidity levels, looks like we've seen the back of them for another year hopefully. Don't get me wrong I likes me sunshine but high humidity, no thank you! Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Matt Hugo very confident of no return to summer weather for the first half of august..

"Low pressure is forecast to remain an influential feature of the weather throughout the first half of August and there is quite high confidence in this prediction"

We shall see, but don't think his summer forecast is panning out too well at the moment !

Maybe its just me but this guy seems to ramp up unsettled spells and play down settled ones. The ECM hardly shows a barrage of Atlantic lows heading for the UK. I would say average conditions for early August.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Heat thundersnow heatwaves and freezing fog

Cracking day here in skeg its currently 31.2c here very hot top temp has been 32.2 which is brill for coastal town on east coast B)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

I've just got back from a day in Skeg. Loads of people out enjoying the sunshine and the beach was packed. Had some lovely fish and chips from Tony's near the clock tower. The car was showing 24c as i parked up and was 28c when i got back to the car. On the way back, heading over to Alford and again near Humberside Airport was when it peaked at 32c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Good news for those of us fed up of the high humidity levels, looks like we've seen the back of them for another year hopefully. Don't get me wrong I likes me sunshine but high humidity, no thank you! Posted Image

yup, been in places like Arizona with 40+oC heat and fine as it is dry not humid like here.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

i must say this summer has been loads better than the last few.

• Like 2

Posted

Why does the BBC presume everyone hates hot weather! The BBC mantra seems to be unless its bog standard average weather then its terrible! So in the winter its the constant moaning about the cold and then in summer if the temperature gets above 28c then its just the same old negative spin! The BBC weather team is there to deliver the weather not their view of how the UK public should feel about it!

Edited by nick sussex
  • Like 3

Posted

Why does the BBC presume everyone hates hot weather! The BBC mantra seems to be unless its bog standard average weather then its terrible! So in the winter its the constant moaning about the cold and then in summer if the temperature gets above 28c then its just the same old negative spin! The BBC weather team is there to deliver the weather not their view of how the UK public should feel about it!

The same way as they think everyone hates cold weather Nick.

Posted

At least none of the models are showing an early taste of Autumn.

Temps look August average for next couple of weeks, and although showery at times nothing too unsettled. A few sunny, warm days as well.

Typical August fare weatherwise for the UK.

• Like 1

Posted

Nice charts this evening. I love the drive home this time of year, days gradually getting shorter, summer slowly fading and ebbing away, brilliant!

• Like 1

Posted

the bias on the mod thread is ridiculous and that's why i don't read it much any more, i checked the charts this morning and before i read the mod thread i already knew that frosty would totally ignore the ECM OP because it showed cool atlantic dross so he talks about the fax charts?? equally shedhead has a total cool bias and for the past two weeks he has been talking about the atlantic taking over with no more hot weather on the way, when in fact last week and last weekend it was 25c or above here and in many other places in england, and now tommorow and friday looks hot again, he keeps trying to imply that this summer hasn't been that good so far the glum attitude is boring me to death, at least when i was moaning back in june i had good reason too as the weather was cack in the south and east but i got slated for it, i have been very happy with the weather in july albeit it was a bit too hot at times esp at night, i hope august is good too

Indeed, I used to enjoy Frostys objective posts, giving a very balanced view of what was on offer. However, this summer seems to have had an agenda, bit of a shame really. But yes the ongoing 'battle' in the model thread becomes very tiresome.
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

I don't think they do - the most recent one just made a mention about how it is too hot for some, but didn't make out that it's terrible.

• Like 2

Posted

Indeed, I used to enjoy Frostys objective posts, giving a very balanced view of what was on offer. However, this summer seems to have had an agenda, bit of a shame really. But yes the ongoing 'battle' in the model thread becomes very tiresome.

And some people have an agenda the other way unfortunately, and then feel they need to criticise others for their preferences.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

couldnt agree more nick... anything other then average is 'wrong', just now carole said 'back to average where they should be'...

At least none of the models are showing an early taste of Autumn. 

oh no?

post-2797-0-31122800-1375424958_thumb.gi

Posted

This has been said a million times before, but this thread isn't for moaning about people and their posts, it's for chat/banter/moans about the models, their output etc. If you have an issue with a post then please report it, don't come in here and start ripping into people though, it's not on, is way outside the topic of this thread and more importantly the spirit of the community.

• Like 1

Posted

Not keen on the ECM this morning too much cool air as in sub-5c uppers, oh well hopefully it changes, has shown this before and been wrong and would go against  the latest ECM monthly I saw which showed temps staying above average through August.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anticyclonic unless a snow storm

Not too worried about losing the heatwave as low 20s is a much more useable temperature for outdoor life than high 20s plus.

I'm going camping in North Devon next week (Mon-Fri).  I'm hoping for 18-21C with not too much rain.  Will I be in luck?  I am pretty confident on the temperature side of things.. 

Posted

Not too worried about losing the heatwave as low 20s is a much more useable temperature for outdoor life than high 20s plus.

I'm going camping in North Devon next week (Mon-Fri).  I'm hoping for 18-21C with not too much rain.  Will I be in luck?  I am pretty confident on the temperature side of things.. 

not for me m8y! low 20's = too cool for the pool! high 20's = ideal for the pool!

i loved going in last night at 10.30 , under the solar lights, air scented by jasmine, lillies, buddleia... perfect!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

not for me m8y! low 20's = too cool for the pool! high 20's = ideal for the pool!i loved going in last night at 10.30 , under the solar lights, air scented by jasmine, lillies, buddleia... perfect!

Agree Mushy, low 20s is nice in direct sun with no clouds or breeze but too cool in the shade. High 20s is perfect thank you. Looks like we might not see such temps for a while though :(

Posted

not for me m8y! low 20's = too cool for the pool! high 20's = ideal for the pool!

i loved going in last night at 10.30 , under the solar lights, air scented by jasmine, lillies, buddleia... perfect!

True Mushy and Stainesbloke.  Don't get me wrong - I enjoyed the 31C we got in Coventry yesterday.  I filled up the paddling pool for my kid and we had a great time splashing about.

But on the flipside, my retired parents cancelled their planned cycling dayout because they couldn't cope with cycling in the heat.

So I guess it just alters what you can do in different temperatures.

A cooler time at the coast makes little difference to me.  I prefer coastal path walking to sun bathing.  The sea temperatures in the UK usually require a wetsuit for surfing regardless of the temp, and the tent won't be like an oven after 7am. Posted Image

Edited by BlueSkies_do_I_see

Posted

thats the trick though, being able to cope with the heat... as i cant get away for hols again this year, hot at home + pool makes for a perfect consolation prize... and the pools for me! :lol:

i was in it so long yesterday i actually got quite cold! but it was nice warming up, tingling toes n all..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

I often agree with your thoughts mushy but I think I'd say to you don't rest low 20s as no summer is over here comes autumn. It's still very respectable

And a damn sight better than last year. It doesn't look too much of a washout yet anyway so good for your business right? So don't get too pessimistic. I love the heat as much as you do but the charts ahead still offer some decent days. It is just I thought the autumnal mention in your posts earlier were a little ott - perhaps a little sad feelings going round because there is no proper hot weather on the way soon. Understandable but a bit ott!

Edited by Blizzards
  • Like 1

Posted

Remember guys, the UK, given southerly winds, is capable of neigh on 30C into early Oct.

Having said that, we probably only have a month of warm, light evenings ahead of us, so let's make the most of every day.

Mushy, your pool sure sounds nice! Not many people in the UK have their own pool. You must have loved the first 3 weeks of July? Is this the first super hot summer month you have had it, or did you have it in July 2006?

Edited by BlueSkies_do_I_see

Posted

Remember guys, the UK, given southerly winds, is capable of neigh on 30C into early Oct.Having said that, we probably only have a month of warm, light evenings ahead of us, so let's make the most of every day.Mushy, your pool sure sounds nice! Not many people in the UK have their own pool. You must have loved the first 3 weeks of July? Is this the first super hot summer month you have had it, or did you have it in July 2006?

its only one of those inflatable 'bag' pools... you know, £40 jobbies , 10', lol not a real swimmer!  would like bigger but tbh hot weathers so rare its not worth it.

bought it in 06, enjoyed it in 06, stayed in the shed until 08, not used much, didnt get it out in 12. but its situated on a purpose built patio, surrounded by fragrant plants mention above. it was fantastic last night messing about in it in the warmth, but alas it might be a long time before an evening dip is going to happen.  .... unless i brave the cool air! might do that!

• Like 1