Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

Well it now looks almost certain this heatwave ain't coming.

I'll let someone else break news to Frosty on other thread. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy autumn, hot and sunny summer and thunderstorms all year round.

Well it now looks almost certain this heatwave ain't coming.

I'll let someone else break news to Frosty on other thread. Posted Image

He seems to get excited over anything virtually.Posted Image

I don't know what it would take to make him unhappy.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

If someone thinks they can accurately forecast the weather for the bank holiday, can they please pm me and tell me Saturdays lottery numbers thank you Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

If someone thinks they can accurately forecast the weather for the bank holiday, can they please pm me and tell me Saturdays lottery numbers thank you Posted Image

It will be dark at night and light during day.  Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anticyclonic unless a snow storm

Looking like Bank Holiday finishes better than it starts!  Overall, I'm very happy with the forecast for the latter part of August.  Not much rain in the forecast for the Midlands after Saturday.

Put it this way, if someone offered me 2013 type summers for the rest of my life, I'd be more than agreeable!  Of the summers in the last 20 years, I would probably rank 2013 4th, after 1995, 2003, and 2006.  Would people agree with that?

Have any summer synoptic fans on NW not enjoyed the 2013 summer for any reason?

Also, if the good weather continues into the first half of September, that would make up for the cooler weather we had in June, although I admit we don't have the long light evenings by then..

Edited by BlueSkies_do_I_see
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Looking like Bank Holiday finishes better than it starts!  Overall, I'm very happy with the forecast for the latter part of August.  Not much rain in the forecast for the Midlands after Saturday.

Put it this way, if someone offered me 2013 type summers for the rest of my life, I'd be more than agreeable!

Precisely, I dont know about other regions but for us in the Midlands, a very good summer. Sure August has been very average but June was pretty sunny, average temps, July was just outstanding and August has been a mix of everything. Im happy with that! :D

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

Put it this way, if someone offered me 2013 type summers for the rest of my life, I'd be more than agreeable!  Of the summers in the last 20 years, I would probably rank 2013 4th, after 1995, 2003, and 2006.  Would people agree with that?

Also, if the good weather continues into the first half of September, that would make up for the cooler weather we had in June, although I admit we don't have the long light evenings by then..

hmm... possibly 4th, but 96 was good too,

for me summer 13 has been good, but could have been much better. often in the july spell the high wasnt aligned good enough, and we got north sea cooling...2 days over a weekend were grey and cool, so we missed out whilst the rest of you cooked! in fact i think 4 days were spoilt by the north sea ... that spell in early june too was ruined by the cooling effect off the north sea.. plus we here got too much rain. everythings too lush, not dry n dusty enough..

so frustrating that it wasnt abit better, but happy with having a decent one!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Have any summer synoptic fans on NW not enjoyed the 2013 summer for any reason?..

Yes. June was dull and August is following suit. August is so far running above-average temperature-wise, and not much rain, although a fair number of 'rain days'.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Yes its been a definite solid effort by summer this year. Not too much rain, a good dose of storms, some heat and plenty of pleasant usable days. Sign of a good summer is one where you can actually plan outdoor activities and most of them can take place in relative comfort. This year that has been the case most of the time - unlike most recent years!

But no it doesn't compare to '06 and the other greats. July was very good although as mushy says - the North Sea did its best to spoil things especially earlier in the month and one particular grim weekend in the last third.

June was quite cool and grey early in the month, then it rained all around my wedding weekend (but gladly just threw a dry gale at us during the actual day!) before finally improving. August has been standard fare really - few annoying chilly nights but a few warmer ones. No proper warmth though so very 'average' and typical of recent August's.

To 'fix' this summer and make it a 'great':

- Make June warmer & sunnier

- Kill that depression that disrupted my wedding weekend (although it was kind enough to keep away from critical times so can't grumble too much!).

- Achieve 30c properly in July - we never quite made it.

- Make August have less cloud and notch temperatures up 2c night & day.

- Give August at least one hot spell > 2 days.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: storms - of the severe kind

I'm fuming

For the second time, within weeks

Met Office - Press Release

No heat wave, just sunshine and showers this weekend

Mainstream Press, leading people down the garden path again

http://metofficenews.wordpress.com/2013/08/21/no-heat-wave-just-sunshine-and-showers-this-weekend/

Posted

I'm fuming

For the second time, within weeks

Met Office - Press Release

No heat wave, just sunshine and showers this weekend

Mainstream Press, leading people down the garden path again

http://metofficenews.wordpress.com/2013/08/21/no-heat-wave-just-sunshine-and-showers-this-weekend/

they did over emphisise the heat potential, but tbh the models did show some real heat at times, and if a journo actually read frostys posts its no wonder they thought a heatwave was on the way !!! :lol:

• Like 3

Posted

Even Friday's 24 hour heatwave in south east corner as been downgraded.

Yesterday they were showing temps of 29'C but latest forecast is showing 26'C.

This coming bank holiday weekend is going to be hard to forecast with the front coming in from west showing signs of stalling with a disturbance possibly coming up from south along it.

Potential for some very wet weather in some areas me thinks.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Even Friday's 24 hour heatwave in south east corner as been downgraded.Yesterday they were showing temps of 29'C but latest forecast is showing 26'C.This coming bank holiday weekend is going to be hard to forecast with the front coming in from west showing signs of stalling with a disturbance possibly coming up from south along it.Potential for some very wet weather in some areas me thinks.

26C, we did better than that today. 27C was reached across the south east under sunny skies. In fact central and northern areas got a pretty decent day today. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

26C, we did better than that today. 27C was reached across the south east under sunny skies. In fact central and northern areas got a pretty decent day today. 

Eh not really. Cloudy all day. Only southern England (inc. East Anglia) has had unbroken sunshine. This is a southern England spell, not a nationwide spell.

Edited by cheese
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

It's hardly the failed settled spells of the last 6 summers where we were teased by high pressure in FI only for low pressure to vere more south as we got closer to it. If you cast your mind back a bit further before the warm charts appeared the ECM was showing a rather cool and unsettled picture. Then we were teased by some good charts for a couple of days and now it's been watered down somewhat. It's hardly early last December when biting cold easterlies became mild westerlies. I heard yesterday that eastern areas could see 29c on Friday which is the sort of max temp the GFS has been showing all along. Longer term, there looks support for the high to reassertion itself to the west of the uk as per this mornings UKMO and GFS

Posted

Even Friday's 24 hour heatwave in south east corner as been downgraded.Yesterday they were showing temps of 29'C but latest forecast is showing 26'C.This coming bank holiday weekend is going to be hard to forecast with the front coming in from west showing signs of stalling with a disturbance possibly coming up from south along it.Potential for some very wet weather in some areas me thinks.

indeed... the bbc graphic shows cloud spilling in from the west, only the east will get a real hot day...

Posted

I'm not fooled by the nice Sunday/Monday the charts are showing either, the reality may well be a north sea muck fest.

• Like 1

Posted

I do like to see the glass half full idea you often trail Conor

Edited by johnholmes

Posted

i dislike this time of the year most... i dislike the weather, i dislike the season... why? because we have to go through autumn and winter before my fav seasons of spring and summer are here. its highly unlikely now that we will get a 'hot' spell, warm enough to enjoy the pool, and everything that goes with heat. the flowers are finishing, its over...

and thats what i get the feeling of off the latest runs. the ecm has joined the gfs in keeping the azh to our west. now it should be close enough to ensure alot of fine sunny mainly dry weather in post bank holiday, and thats not to be sniffed at!

oh...and im unlikely to be posting in here much now, i like looking for heat and warmth, i dislike the cold lovers party that invades this place in winter, hero worshiping cold rampers and getting scorned if one dares to disagree.

• Like 2

Posted

I do like to see the galss half full idea you often trail Conor

a half full galss... oo err missus, that sounds rude john! :lol:

Posted

i dislike this time of the year most... i dislike the weather, i dislike the season... why? because we have to go through autumn and winter before my fav seasons of spring and summer are here. its highly unlikely now that we will get a 'hot' spell, warm enough to enjoy the pool, and everything that goes with heat. the flowers are finishing, its over...

and thats what i get the feeling of off the latest runs. the ecm has joined the gfs in keeping the azh to our west. now it should be close enough to ensure alot of fine sunny mainly dry weather in post bank holiday, and thats not to be sniffed at!

oh...and im unlikely to be posting in here much now, i like looking for heat and warmth, i dislike the cold lovers party that invades this place in winter, hero worshiping cold rampers and getting scorned if one dares to disagree.

But you should rise above the "cold lovers party" and keep posting. Dont cut your nose off to spite your face as they say. Mild loving people in winter are fine by most people. It's the Wum's and trolls that annoy though lol.

Winter in here provides pure fabulos entertainment, with the frequent nervous breakdowns, toys out of prams and virtual suicides lol. Pure comedy i tell you.

Edited by No balls like Snow Balls

Posted

I do like to see the galss half full idea you often trail Conor

bit early to have been on juice- I'll correct it ta mushy

Freudian Slip maybePosted Image

never met him

why do I get more dyslectic as I get older, or is it simply I am unable to type properly or even spell properly anymore?

Posted

come on mushy, join me in the so called technical thread, not at all technical what I post, simply to get away from the tripe we get in the winter months, forever looking for cold, ridiculing those who either don't like it or cannot see what they go on about on a particular model run. Say something out of place to the 'gods' folk create on there, no need to mention names, everyone knows who they are. The first 528DM line and they will begin to emerge.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Well Wales and the SW is having a very warm sunny day, max 26c here.

• Like 1