Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry or cold and snowy, but please not mild and rainy!

Well we didn't get a heatwave, but a water one instead. Currently the road outside is underwater, and water leaking into the conservatory. Quite a downpour!

Posted

Once again!!!! a grey miserable start with no sign of any changes, I would say disappointing but it's been a theme this month for 21c+ sunny days to downgrade at the last minute and end up like this.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Nice lie in and now sun is coming out right on time. Recent forecasts here have been pretty pessimistic compared to what we've actually got.

Yesterday - predicted 18c max with heavy rain showers and lots of cloud; actual: 22.8c max with hazy sunshine and no rain until 11pm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Really not too fussed about heat now. I just want dry useable and pleasant conditions to last as long as possible. Fortunately the upcoming week looks just right for me. Pleasant temperatures and bags of dry weather on offer. I have really enjoyed this August so far. Its not too far behind July actually, because July saw some days of cool easterly dross whereas even when its been cloudy recently its still been warm. Even yesterday was warm and humid and not cool at all.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Yes its been a decent month really despite a fair amount of cloud at times because like you say - it's been warm most of the time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I really don't see the point of people wanting a northerly to happen at this time of year. It's going to be about as potent as a viper with all it's teeth removed Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Depends on location but northerlies would be my favoured direction if we are to get periods of cold this year as they tend to bring a lot of sunshine with them. Awful dull months like March 2013 and Feb 2010 were more easterly ones. The sunniest winter in recent times for us was winter 2011/12 which was a mild westerly season so that disputes what anyone says about mild muck.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

The sunniest winter month recently was Feb 2008, which was characterised by mild days, but cold, frosty nights.

I really don't see the point of people wanting a northerly to happen at any time of the year.

Well, yeah, but you're probably a hardy lizard in disguise, so whatever. Posted Image

Edited by cheese

Posted

Yes northerlies beat easterlies for reliably sunny & cold weather albeit mostly dry. They tend to have more snow showers in them during early spring (a great time for a northerly!).

Easterlies are frequently cloudfests with only the deepest cold pools able to produce sunshine & hefty snow showers and low temperatures.

This year late Jan - summer was dominated by a constant NEly wind so very cloudy, cold or chilly dominated. Vile stuff.

Agree 2011/12 winter was lovely here - a ton of sunshine, quite dry and had some very pleasant mild spells. Then we got a proper dumping of snow in Feb so all stacked up nicely in my book.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

Well after two horrible days on Friday and Saturday we have had two decent days, nothing exceptionally hot but very pleasant with Sunshine, little wind and temps around 70´F.

Posted

The past few mornings have left me yearning for autumnal conditions - not necessarily wind and rain, but misty, foggy mornings followed by a breakup of the cloud to reveal sun, accompanied with fresh temperatures. Some warm weather into September would be nice, and then proper autumnal weather please.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anticyclonic unless a snow storm

Didn't we only get summer arrive properly in early July?  That's less than 2 months ago.  After the coldest spring in years, I think we are owed this late warm spell of summer sunshine Posted Image

I'm all for a seasonal autumn and winter, but could we at least wait til the equinox on Sept 21 before we wave goodbye to warm weather?

Edited by BlueSkies_do_I_see
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

That's precisely what we have had here, foggy starts followed by warm sunshine.

Posted

Didn't we only get summer arrive properly in early July?  That's less than 2 months ago.  After the coldest spring in years, I think we are owed this late warm spell of summer sunshine Posted Image

I'm all for a seasonal autumn and winter, but could we at least wait til the equinox on Sept 21 before we wave goodbye to warm weather?

Eh, no. Even June was average temperature-wise, albeit a bit dull. I'm ready for autumn now, but a bit more warm weather for the first few days of September will do me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

well its looking decidedly unsettled after the weekend, with some early autumnal weather. dont think theres any more heat or even warmth (22+ ) for most..

• Like 1

Posted

Hope we can at least get a weekend out of it first - does seem the weather is having a habit of being good Thurs/Fri then going downhill!

Not ready for the cold stuff yet - perhaps in October much like we had to wait all of March & early April for _any_ warmth!

• Like 1

Depends where you are, June had a gloriously sunny start for the first 10 days, and even thoguh it went downhill after that, it remained sunnier than average. It was also a dry month, but temps were cooler than average.

• Like 1

Posted

well its looking decidedly unsettled after the weekend, with some early autumnal weather. dont think theres any more heat or even warmth (22+ ) for most..

Slightly premature and perhaps overly pessimistic in my opinion Rob, the ECM looks pretty good tonight.

Posted

Slightly premature and perhaps overly pessimistic in my opinion Rob, the ECM looks pretty good tonight.

maybe, but i think its looking cloudy for many, so dont be fooled by those warm uppers, with the isobars so close its a breezy affair which brings moisture straight in of the atlantic.

Posted

ive really not enjoyed this weeks weather...its only saving grace is that its not (yet) rained.

cool mornings, grass covered in dew, sunny mornings, humid, sweaty, unpleasant...now i dont mind getting hot n sticky if it is hot...but this warmth is just useless. its not warm enough for the pool, yet its warm enough to be sticky... then i get in from work and the cloud has covered the sun... so i cant even enjoy that...

nah... sod it, bring on the cooler fresher weather now, my interest in heat for this year is over.

• Like 1

Posted

Yet ive thought its been a nice week. Just shows how 2 summer lovers opinions can differ so much. Its been very pleasant, never too hot and not too cool, although i must say the fog that i woke up to earlier in the week did have a very Autumnal feel to it. But it lifted by 7:30 to a glorious sunny morning on Tuesday and for the most part its been very nice. Sunshine amounts have not been that great but a look at the CET figures show that sunshine has been 97% of average which is still sunnier than any month of last Summer.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anticyclonic unless a snow storm

Yet ive thought its been a nice week. Just shows how 2 summer lovers opinions can differ so much. Its been very pleasant, never too hot and not too cool, although i must say the fog that i woke up to earlier in the week did have a very Autumnal feel to it. But it lifted by 7:30 to a glorious sunny morning on Tuesday and for the most part its been very nice. Sunshine amounts have not been that great but a look at the CET figures show that sunshine has been 97% of average which is still sunnier than any month of last Summer.

I have to agree with you there Milhouse.  The July heatwave was great, but late August sunshine is my favourite.  I can go out in the middle of the day for a lunchtime walk out of the office and the sun is pleasantly warm but it is not melting me like it was 6 weeks before!

• Like 2

It has genenerally been a good final week of August, wall to wall sun Monday, a lot of hazy sunshine Tuesday, Sunny Periods/Spells Wednesday, with today more in the way of cloud with bright spells, occasional sunny intervals. Tomorrow looks more of the same, before the final day of the month Saturday looking sunny at this stage.

Warm generally too.

Definitely feel summer rounding down, especially as High Pressure is not ridging far enough north for Easterlies to set in, so Westerlies instead.

Posted

I have to agree with you there Milhouse.  The July heatwave was great, but late August sunshine is my favourite.  I can go out in the middle of the day for a lunchtime walk out of the office and the sun is pleasantly warm but it is not melting me like it was 6 weeks before!

I am very happy with this summer. For me it is on a par with 2006 (bearing in mind August 2006 saw a spell of gruesome cool and unsettled northerlies mid month) but falls behind 2003 due to the consistent warmth during that summer. This summer has had a great mix of hot and sunny days and cooler, pleasant and dry ones. Unsettled spells have been brief and well scattered throughout the 3 months.