Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

, I don't see the point in seasons or the ridiculous dark days ahead, it's really unpleasant and completely pointless.

id suggest you just go away and think about what youve just said...

oh well, the silly season is almost upon us, can i openly ask the mods/admin...

this thread is for model banter, moans and ramps... are you then going to police the model thread as vigourously this winter as you did in summer? are you going to remove from the model thread all blatant ramping? moaning? and posts that add nothing to the actual model discussion? ..... or are you going to give in and let the cold mob run riot and dominate the thread talking about possible cold evolutions even when the models dont show one? moan and use derogitory language towards mild/non cold weather?

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry or cold and snowy, but please not mild and rainy!

Personally I would like to see warmth/heat and blue skies sunshine all year round, I don't see the point in seasons or the ridiculous dark days ahead, it's really unpleasant and completely pointless.

I suggest you consider moving closer to the equator. Even just somewhere warm temperate to subtropical - large parts of the East coast of Australia for example - any where between Sydney and Brisbane would largely fit what you have described. Seasonal variation is mild, Sunshine and warmth can occur year round. Live near the water and even in Summer it will rarely hit 35+ degrees with a pleasant afternoon seabreeze. Of course it does rain heavily at times but its rarely set in and cloudy for weeks.
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, cold, cold and errrr......cold. I am, unashamedly, a cold fan.

Ahhh lovely. My favourite seasons are upon us. Lovely cool air, bit of rain, bit of wind darker nights, then into the most interesting weather season of all, lovely, lovely winter.....let's hope it's a corker. As long as it's cool/cold I'm happy. :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

id suggest you just go away and think about what youve just said...

oh well, the silly season is almost upon us, can i openly ask the mods/admin...

this thread is for model banter, moans and ramps... are you then going to police the model thread as vigourously this winter as you did in summer? are you going to remove from the model thread all blatant ramping? moaning? and posts that add nothing to the actual model discussion? ..... or are you going to give in and let the cold mob run riot and dominate the thread talking about possible cold evolutions even when the models dont show one? moan and use derogitory language towards mild/non cold weather?

Of course we shall do our very best to keep order and with everyones help (i.e. 'think before you post' and reporting bad posts) I'm sure we can manage it. Do remember we have lives/jobs too and in winter I know I for one simply can't keep up with reading everything in here...

I'll be logging in from Berlin so will take first digs on the easterlies! And get to enjoy a longer and more reliable summer period - great stuff!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Quite like Autumn normally, with it's changeable conditions, warm sun, rain, showers, fog, frost etc. So far, however, it has been underwhelming and boring with pretty much constant cloud cover and rain. Some sun would be nice too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow Frost Sun

Just said on BBC forecast that it will remain cool and unsettled throughout next week and there's no signs of anything in the way of warm weather.

Summer seems to be over for this year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Just said on BBC forecast that it will remain cool and unsettled throughout next week and there's no signs of anything in the way of warm weather.Summer seems to be over for this year.

The lunchtime week ahead forecast looks more positive, drier and warmer by Friday and possibly turning warmer throughout the weekend and the following week

:)

Oh as for todays storm, for all the hype, all we have here is light rain and a moderate breeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I love being called a hopecaster, people were calling me it for even suggesting that there might be dry weather at the end of September . Well erm some of us "hopecasters" appeared to be correct Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

I love being called a hopecaster, people were calling me it for even suggesting that there might be dry weather at the end of September . Well erm some of us "hopecasters" appeared to be correct Posted Image

HOPE you are right Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anticyclonic unless a snow storm

Back in March, there was a lot banter going on about when we were going to see a spring-like chart.  I seem to remember a few of us were desperately on the lookout for anything that looked remotely warm appearing on the charts.  For the first few days of March it started to warm up, but then the door was proverbly slammed shut in our face with a once in 50 year cold March with a serious blizzard on the 23rd.

Now we are at the other end of the season, a few of us on here are starting to look for the first signs of a serious cold snap.  Will that door be slammed shut for another few weeks with a last horrah of summer-like weather?  I sure hope so, as I can't really see the point of a northerly in mid-September.  It seems to be a waste.  Let's "save that up" for another 4 weeks or so, when the chances seeing temperatures in the 20s become slim to nonexistent!

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

Back in March, there was a lot banter going on about when we were going to see a spring-like chart.  I seem to remember a few of us were desperately on the lookout for anything that looked remotely warm appearing on the charts.  For the first few days of March it started to warm up, but then the door was proverbly slammed shut in our face with a once in 50 year cold March with a serious blizzard on the 23rd.

Now we are at the other end of the season, a few of us on here are starting to look for the first signs of a serious cold snap.  Will that door be slammed shut for another few weeks with a last horrah of summer-like weather?  I sure hope so, as I can't really see the point of a northerly in mid-September.  It seems to be a waste.  Let's "save that up" for another 4 weeks or so, when the chances seeing temperatures in the 20s become slim to nonexistent!

Agree. Those cold uppers are wasted here. During October, I'll be looking at Siberia/Russia and Asia as that's where we want the cold pooling. Besides, settled conditions and sunshine make for a better Autumnal display by the trees.

• Like 1

Posted

Agree. Those cold uppers are wasted here. During October, I'll be looking at Siberia/Russia and Asia as that's where we want the cold pooling. Besides, settled conditions and sunshine make for a better Autumnal display by the trees.

erm, 'we' want cold pooling?lol... nah mate not everyone likes or wants nasty cold , maybe this is the year the non cold fans bite back !!! Edited by mushymanrob
  • Like 2

Posted

It is possible to have it all. The mother of all late September warm spells, a glorious October awash with colours and a deep freeze winter. That would please nearly everybody on this forum at some stage!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hoar Frost, Snow, Misty Autumn mornings

erm, 'we' want cold pooling?lol... nah mate not everyone likes or wants nasty cold , maybe this is the year the non cold fans bite back !!!

Boo, killjoy. :-)You had your fun in the 90s and 00s, it's our turn now. Alas, it's a lot more than just a cold pool to our East that's required to deliver the goods.

Posted

Can we bag the ECM please, lovely warm weekend, pleasant warmth next week and then a end of September/Beginning of October 2011 heatwave!!

While were at it keep it above average and sunny all October to make up for the dreadful past 7 weeks of weather here :lol:! 

• Like 2

Posted

To all the moaners out there.

Embrace the warm and sunny weather :p

• Like 6

Posted

erm, 'we' want cold pooling?lol... nah mate not everyone likes or wants nasty cold , maybe this is the year the non cold fans bite back !!!

Rob, I hope you stick around for the coming months I think the MOD(MAD) thread will need some posts of a more balanced naturePosted Image Posted Image

Posted

We should seriously consider a Hunt for winter warmth thread this winter. It could save a few arguments, or possibly create them who knows!

I love high pressure and that usually means very high temps in Summer and low temperatures similar to Christmas 2010 in winter. Snow often follows!

With this projected warm spell ahead, what small differences to the synoptics would we need to see until Late September 2011's temperatures were matched?

Edited by BlueSkies_do_I_see

Posted

Rob, I hope you stick around for the coming months I think the MOD(MAD) thread will need some posts of a more balanced naturePosted Image Posted Image

thanks for that :)

dont know though if i can be bothered, it all seems futile as the hordes of coldies come out of hibernation and dominate the md thread. ill see how the mood takes me... but tbh several big name coldies are balanced... nick sussex for one, although he loves the cold he doesnt over state the potential (ramp) like most of the others do.

we have mentioned an alternative md thread, one for the mildies!  where the models can be discussed without the fantasy 'spot the next cold evolution' game, and mild weather can be mentioned in favourable terms instead of being ignored or derided <_<

• Like 1

Posted

There are very few people on this thread in the summer wishing for cold wet weather like 2012 (though some clearly dislike hot weather and find it very uncomfortable).

Though that changes in winter. Probably quite a few people genuinely want a mild winter. But they are outnumbered on here 10/1 by those who clearly don't. The rest are neutral and don't care what they get.

Regardless of preference it is encouraged that you should post objectively what you think will occur rather than what you hope.

There is also a minority who post the most extreme permutation at T300 hours to get a reaction!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

The return of the warmth will be most welcome after this unseasonable dive into November like conditions of recent days. If this spell is anything like other settled spells in recent Septembers then it will be glorious.

• Like 4