Model Banter, Moans and Ramps

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Sunshine here:

Posted Image

Sunshine at Heathrow:

Posted Image

South East takes all indeed, although the past few days haven't been that bad.

Edited by cheese

Posted

yeah im not overly fussed about autumnal warmth (but i dont want it cold!) its just that some of the current runs showing a cut off low over biscay and a very warm, thundery spell is unusual, so id like it to happen before autumn proper sets in.

I agree but I would like too see some frosty nights and sunny days as Autumn progresses, we can leave the cold until late November onwards although I know you would rather see another 89 style winter.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

I agree but I would like too see some frosty nights and sunny days as Autumn progresses, we can leave the cold until late November onwards although I know you would rather see another 89 style winter.

..oh i dont want frosts... i hate frost, especially when im working.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I'm getting fed up of the "it's autumn, lets have some autumn weather" posts on here.

Lets flip it, it's September, lets have some typical September weather

oh wait, that's what we are having Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Yes its only 3rd Sept - the cold stuff can wait till October as far as I'm concerned. My plants need to ripen and one frost and it'll be game over. Besides spring waited till well into April before it even began so autumn can do the same!

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Yes its only 3rd Sept - the cold stuff can wait till October as far as I'm concerned. My plants need to ripen and one frost and it'll be game over. Besides spring waited till well into April before it even began so autumn can do the same!

Yep spring was way too late in getting started this year so lets make up for it with a late Autumn

I like you have plants still to ripen so the extended warmth is most welcome

Hopefully we'll see a better March next year which will help us gardeners previous years have been great slow starts some years but with steady improvements from mid month onwards this years was just a one in however many year events in my opinion if it wasn't for the late SSW I have not doubt March would have had some decent warmer spells

Posted

not a very pleasant day... humid, sticky but without the sun/warmth . a blanket of cloud covers us... here at least... robbing us of what might have been a splendid warm day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Yes a sheet of cloud ruined 12-6pm with things clear both before & after that. Story of recent times!

But the pleasant temperatures do make up for it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

not a very pleasant day... humid, sticky but without the sun/warmth . a blanket of cloud covers us... here at least... robbing us of what might have been a splendid warm day.

It was a different story. I was sat out at lunchtime eating my sandwich in some lovely warm sunshine. Coming out of work the sunshine was baking hot. More to come tomorrow!

Posted

It was a different story. I was sat out at lunchtime eating my sandwich in some lovely warm sunshine. Coming out of work the sunshine was baking hot. More to come tomorrow!

More to come tomorrow and Thursday.................. then that's your lotPosted Image

Posted
  • Location: Formerly Walworth, SE17 ; Swansea SA1 since Dec 2008
  • Location: Formerly Walworth, SE17 ; Swansea SA1 since Dec 2008

when's the Atlantic gonna fire up with hurricane-like depressions

After the end of September. He hopes!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Not sure, still awaiting the autumn Atlantic storms of the last few years, they still haven't arrived Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dry/mild/warm/sunny/high pressure/no snow/no rain

I am torn because Atlantic storms can help us keep mild in Autumn/Winter but what's the fun in getting soaked and having a gale blowing at you? would be better if they just went to the North of the UK but dragged in mild SW winds.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

The idea of the low to the north of the UK with mild SW winds reminds me of the following scenario, which I doubt would be too popular with many snow lovers:

http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/archive/ra/1989/Rrea00119890115.gif

Edited by Thundery wintry showers
  • Like 5

Posted

The idea of the low to the north of the UK with mild SW winds reminds me of the following scenario, which I doubt would be too popular with many snow lovers:

i hope thats the pattern for all winter! :lol:

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anticyclonic unless a snow storm

So we have 2 1/2 weeks of our astronomical summer left and I am glued to the forums right now to see if we can eek out a couple more weeks of our mainly resident Azores high that we have been enjoying this summer. I know a lot of you on here are fed up with the warmth and want to herald in something cooler.

I was quite depressed about the chances yesterday but I am seeing more encouragement in the models today.

Have we reached a tipping point yet on this forum of cooler weather seekers outnumbering warm weather seekers?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm & Sunny

Now that's what I call a dream winter!!! 

• Like 4

Posted

Not looking forward to 14c and heavy rain over the next few days - not one bit.

This week has been lovely - I'm still in my shorts today as I have been for quite some time now and last night we had the windows open downstairs until bedtime (a rare treat indeed!).

Really don't fancy having to turn the heating on this weekend but with those sorts of temps and little to no sunlight I think its almost a given. Hopefully a recovery next week - 14c and rain belongs mid Oct into November!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Not looking forward to 14c and heavy rain over the next few days - not one bit.

This week has been lovely - I'm still in my shorts today as I have been for quite some time now and last night we had the windows open downstairs until bedtime (a rare treat indeed!).

Really don't fancy having to turn the heating on this weekend but with those sorts of temps and little to no sunlight I think its almost a given. Hopefully a recovery next week - 14c and rain belongs mid Oct into November!

Yeah tomorrow and Saturday look awful feels like temp for darlo tomorrow is 9c! thankfully by Sunday and certainly Monday warmer west to south westerly winds are showing to arrive so that will be welcome.

Even Saturday looks better with sunshine and showers with a high of 14 or maybe 15c after tomorrows washout 15c will be a lot better

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I would love to see a washout; afterwards everything will turn green!Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, heat, thunderstorms

Now that's what I call a dream winter!!! 

Lol, good one! It's definitely the worst chart I have ever seen. At least we can all agree on that. Posted Image

Edited by cheese

Posted

We do need some rain and a short period like what's coming up would be fine... but why couldn't it run Monday to Wednesday instead of Friday to Sunday!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Well, after the last 4 winters, that would do me a treat. And I am a snow lover!Posted Image

• Like 1