Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Banter, Moans and Ramps

Paul

Posted

I suppose it does say 'ramps' in the thread title as well unfortunately lol, that's fair enough if it was moved from the model thread.

Posted

Final opportunity before some are just going to find they can't post any more, stop caravaning at eachother..

Politics, religion and now weather are three things to avoid talking about, Lol. It's plain daft that people get upset over others preferences.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

cant wait for that wretched wind to drop... looking out the window it looks glorious... then the wind hits you and its naaassstty. get out of it and the suns really very nice. there will be an explosion of colour in my garden in a few days, primroses in particular are bursting to flower :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme cold & snow

Final opportunity before some are just going to find they can't post any more, stop caravaning at eachother..

Thank you Paul, it seems like one can't have a harmless ramp (in the appropriate thread) without incurring a barbed personal comment from certain factions who don't share the same weather preference! It is after all, just a bit of fun commenting on computer generated images of possible weather types hardly anything remotely serious - a hobby thats all! Posted Image

Would certain people be quite so abrasive if chatting to fellow enthusiasts face to face in a pub for example? The mods do a difficult job and hats off to them. Posted Image

It is so easy to read into the posts or comments of others what is not there nor intended and the 'Chimp' mind leaps into over reaction.

Let's enjoy the weather whatever it brings and if there's a bit of harmless leg pulling - so what? Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Purga
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

lol

• Like 1

Posted

The Op a wee bit over enthusiastic about a warm surge in FI - LOL

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm, bright summers and Cold, snowy winters

Interesting looking ENS with a big hint at colder conditions returning in FI after the brief warm spell. Note that both the Op and the Control go cold upping the odds. Posted Image

Posted Image

further strong hints from GFS FI on a norherly regime and Greenland blocking

Posted Image

A brief warm up again

Posted Image

Then the Arctic bites back

Posted Image

Frost and single digit day temps again

Posted Image

Posted Image

How is there a big hint?

All is see its loads of scatter with some outliers.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

true, waterlogging kills plants/trees, cold seldom does (native sp). i agree that it possibly wont feel much better under cloud and wind, but losing the overnight frosts will help nature start growing. its true, i dont like nor want cloud and rain, but in cloud and rain i can work, nature can get on with living...it/i..cant currently.

That's fair, I just felt at times recently that cold has been posted as the only evil we face when rain can be just as bad.

Hope the unsettled spell doesn't last for long or the jet takes a more usual track giving more normal climatic conditions for the UK ;)

Posted

That's fair, I just felt at times recently that cold has been posted as the only evil we face when rain can be just as bad.

Hope the unsettled spell doesn't last for long or the jet takes a more usual track giving more normal climatic conditions for the UK Posted Image

trust me, ill spend all summer moaning about working in the rain, i hate it! http://forum.nwstatic.co.uk//public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/laugh.png, but its part of the job and if its not every day like last summer its no problem.

of course all extremes have a detrimental effect on nature, but in spring its at its most vunerable.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

trust me, ill spend all summer moaning about working in the rain, i hate it! Posted Image, but its part of the job and if its not every day like last summer its no problem.

of course all extremes have a detrimental effect on nature, but in spring its at its most vunerable.

Thought you were a massive rain fan, but I mean who does like rain,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

post-12721-0-48350600-1365008887_thumb.j

Posted

why would you think that?

Posted

I thought he was a snow fan too

no, im a weather fan. im not a snow fan but i do like a great blizzard. anything less is not worth the cold, i dont like cold, i like being outdoors in pleasant temps.... and atm thats a long way off as this mornings runs should strike a chord of worry for anyone wanting warmer weather.

Posted

Great model output this morning with the chance of the cold hanging on a bit longer and maybe some snow chances for some areas, particularly the north and higher ground.

NAVGEM performed well as a rank outsider when the main models (big three) appeared more progressive and had the mild pushing through fairly early next week.

This really is an interesting Spring and the underlying forcings keep the cold going very difficult to fathom. Having said that, I think the warm up is inevitable but it may take longer than expected. Posted Image

Edited by Purga
  • Like 1

Posted

SSTs looking very anomalously cold around the UK which should keep many coastal areas cool and foggy even with higher uppers if the flow is relatively slack

Posted Image

The path to mild is long this year. Posted Image

Edited by Purga

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Don't want mild myself. I want warm...Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

It's actually not, we just need a southerly of the type GFS has been showing in FI in the last couple of runs and it will warm up dramatically, doesn't matter about the low SSTs if we get higher uppers and the right wind direction. It's surprising how quickly things can warm up at this time of year. There have been many springs with long cool/cold spells that have seen dramatic turnarounds, the strength of the sun is on the side of the mildies now. Yes coastal areas may be cloudy at times but this is always the case in spring, as we go through April the sun is becoming more and more powerful so can burn away the cloud more easily. Easterlies often pose a problem for the east side of the country at this time of year anyway.

• Like 1

Posted

It's actually not, we just need a southerly of the type GFS has been showing in FI in the last couple of runs and it will warm up dramatically, doesn't matter about the low SSTs if we get higher uppers and the right wind direction. It's surprising how quickly things can warm up at this time of year. There have been many springs with long cool/cold spells that have seen dramatic turnarounds, the strength of the sun is on the side of the mildies now. Yes coastal areas may be cloudy at times but this is always the case in spring, as we go through April the sun is becoming more and more powerful so can burn away the cloud more easily. Easterlies often pose a problem for the east side of the country at this time of year anyway.

CFS pressure anomaly looks cold for May even if it does mild up a bit in April

Posted Image

Before that we have a familiar chart appearing around St Georges day

Posted Image

Proper ' English' weather for our Patron Saint. Posted Image

Posted

As far as I am concerned its already mild ! yes there is a nagging easterly but if you are in the sun and out of that wind its surprisingly warm and as you know its on its way out next weekPosted Image , yes it below normal but afternoon shade temps of 10c would be considered mild in mid winter . This is about as cold as it gets now for the time of year and its not that cold to me , (ice days are 'cold') , a gradual warming is taking place, sorry but you seem desperate for deep cold that brings ice and snow, not much of that is going to happen now maybee a light flurry at the weekend, but next December is not that long to waitPosted Image

Posted

If we're going to talk about members' bias towards a particular weather-type

There in lies the whole point though - this isn't the 'talk about members bias thread', this is the model banter thread, at no point has anyone ever suggested this thread was for talking about any members bias - fairly or unfairly.

In fact - I've done what I should have done in the first place (rather than moving the initial posts from the model discussion thread) and have removed the whole lot, there's just no need for all these personal digs at people.

• Like 3

Posted

very well said Paul, in ANY thread.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

Don't want mild myself. I want warm...Posted Image

Yes, mild not really the word now its April, as warm is easily possible, like average and cold

feels like mind you its been January since new years day so mild is being used as members including me still think its winter

I bet mild is never used most April's especially 2007

• Like 1