Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scepticism Of Man Made Climate Change

Paul

Posted

UN climate panel can"t explain warming slowdown http://t.co/k7kA4D42d6

Hurricanes will soon be turned up to 11 Posted Image 

In the meantime, Al Gore is back in the news. The noted climate alarmist recently told the Washington Post that scientists are adding a sixth-level to the Saffir-Simpson Hurricane Wind Scale, which measures the wind-speed and strength of tropical cyclones.

Posted

Although welcomed it means diddly squat really especially as we were probably 2 million below average. What we what to see is ice loss approaching average on a longer term basis or even reducing. If we have extensive loss and large gains this doesn't improve the state of global ice. I also don't want to significant gains year on year as this would be an indicator of significant cooling which is just as bad as significant warming. I'm just an average type of guy!!!

The Arctic is quite surprising this year ,  look at this year compared to last year.

For comparison NIC reported the ice extent on Aug. 26, 2013:

8/10ths 4,895,884 sq. Km.Marginal zone 1,673,110 sq. Km.Ice Extent 6,568,994 sq. Km.

Not a great difference in the total, but a much larger amount of the thicker ice (8/10ths).And the Marginal Zone is much closer to the minimum reached last year.Not a great difference in total but a much larger amount of the thicker ice (8/10ths).interesting month to come. Barring another unusual storm event, the recovery this year will be amazing.

Posted
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...
  • Weather Preferences: jack frost
  • Location: inter drumlin South Tyrone Blackwater river valley surrounded by the last last ice age...

A precise on the foolhardiness of using trends,

http://robinmollgawks.wordpress.com/

As it is by no means precise .. you may mean precis...

Posted

Of course the best example potentially of cherry-picking charts, it could be argued, is this:

Posted Image

We could, instead, look at paleo-climatological reconstruction of temperature trends through history, rather than an almost insignificant period of 150 years or so (insignificant in the grand scheme of climatology, of course).

Posted Image

SK

Edited by snowking
  • Like 3

Posted

This finding of Neukom et al. goes a long ways towards demonstrating that: (1) the Medieval Warm Period was a global phenomenon that was comprised of even warmer intervals than the warmest portion of the Current Warm Period, and that (2) the greater warmth of the Medieval Warm Period occurred when there was far less CO2 in the air than there is nowadays, which facts clearly demonstrate that the planet's current - but not unprecedented - degree of warmth need not have been CO2-induced.

In conclusion, it is difficult to believe that the strong synchronicity of the century-long Northern Hemispheric and South American warm and cold periods described above was coincidental. It is much more realistic and reasonable to believe that it was the result of a millennial-scale oscillation of climate that is global in scope and driven by some regularly-varying forcing factor. Although one can argue about the identity of that forcing factor and the means by which it exerts its influence, one thing should be clear: it is not the atmosphere's CO2 concentration, which has only exhibited a significant in-phase variation with global temperature change over the Little Ice Age-to-Current Warm Period transition. This being the case, it should be clear that the climatic amelioration of the past century or more has had nothing to do with the concomitant rise in the air's CO2 content but everything to do with the influential - and possibly solar-animated - forcing factor that has governed the millennial-scale oscillation of the earth's climate as far back in time as scientists have been able to detect it.

http://www.co2science.org/subject/m/summaries/mwpsoutham.php

Posted

also

if weather events are being blamed on high c02

where do events like this fit in?

Unusually cold weather and snow in parts of South America have affected thousands of people in several countries.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-23907186

Posted

knocker

check your last man made post

http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2013/20130905-extremeweatherandclimateevents.html

from above

The report shows that the effects of natural weather and climate fluctuations played a key role in the intensity and evolution of the 2012 extreme events. However, in some events, the analyses revealed compelling evidence that human-caused climate change, through the emission of heat-trapping gases, also contributed to the extreme event.

Edited by john pike
  • Like 1

Posted

Okay, so the point of that is?

my point is

when anyone talks about cold conditions throughout the world we are told they are only weather events

now i am reading certain weather events are now being blamed on man made agw

sorry but this cannot be one way and not the other

anyway my question was to you how do you explain the bitter cold in south america then

anyway i have to work tomorrow knocker

i will talk tomorrow

goodnight

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Of course the best example potentially of cherry-picking charts, it could be argued, is this:

Posted Image

We could, instead, look at paleo-climatological reconstruction of temperature trends through history, rather than an almost insignificant period of 150 years or so (insignificant in the grand scheme of climatology, of course).

Posted Image

SK

Absolutely...

Posted

Posted Image

Posted Image

SK

Indeed SK and a point I've brought up many times before on climate forums.

Posted

I am not a contributor into this area of the forum so my apologies if this link is in the wrong place, so mod/admin please place in the correct area for me, an interesting artcile and a longish chat from one of the senior blokes involved?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-23970311

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I just looked on the bbc science/environment section curious to see if there was any mention of this years significant increase in arctic ice and there is no mention of it anywhere, yet just today they release a story about Antarctic glacier contributing to our rising sea levels from its melting etc.. This is what annoys me because although I still sit on fence in regard to global warming they clearly only publish one side of the story most of the time?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-23970311

Just noticed johns posted same link Posted Image

Edited by mullender83
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

That isn't on the main news though it is under weather section

"Summer sea ice in the Arctic Ocean is not expected to reach a record minimum this year. The record minimum was set in 2012, when Arctic sea ice cover shrank to 3.41 million square kilometres (1.32 million square miles).

This year cooler than average conditions have prevailed. The extent of sea ice is greater than this time last year but it is still below the long term average and further melting is expected in the next few weeks.

The National Snow and Ice Data Center in Colorado says that the pattern of unusually low pressure centered near the pole in 2013 has helped to spread the ice out. This is consistent with generally cool conditions over much of the Arctic Ocean, inhibiting the melting."

It is also rather brief and weak though in comparison to the great coverage on the other side of the planet...  They didn't cover Antarctic's record high though while we had record low in the arctic summer of 2012?

Edited by mullender83
  • Like 1

Posted

That isn't on the main news though it is under weather section "Summer sea ice in the Arctic Ocean is not expected to reach a record minimum this year. The record minimum was set in 2012, when Arctic sea ice cover shrank to 3.41 million square kilometres (1.32 million square miles).This year cooler than average conditions have prevailed. The extent of sea ice is greater than this time last year but it is still below the long term average and further melting is expected in the next few weeks.The National Snow and Ice Data Center in Colorado says that the pattern of unusually low pressure centered near the pole in 2013 has helped to spread the ice out. This is consistent with generally cool conditions over much of the Arctic Ocean, inhibiting the melting." It is also rather brief and weak though in comparison to the great coverage on the other side of the planet...  They didn't cover Antarctic's record high though while we had record low in the arctic summer of 2012?

Yes it appears there is a certain censoring of anything which could damage future funding.
  • Like 1

Posted

anyway my question was to you how do you explain the bitter cold in south america then

Weather,Just because the world is getting colder and entering a catastrophic ice age, doesn't mean every part of the world wil be colder every year, nor that one part of the world might, for a week or so, see warmer than usual conditions.  Does it? 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I'm sure that if the ice-extent was to beat any records, it would be newsworthy; being somewhat above last year's record minimum is hardly earth shattering? On the contrary, it is exactly what one would expect...

Posted

Yes it appears there is a certain censoring of anything which could damage future funding.

Aye, like the warmest August on record at the South Pole?

And, indeed, warmest winter on record in Australia?

Meanwhile, the fact that, as nearly everyone expected, Arctic sea ice has not melted as much as last year (but still more than most previous years) is being trumpeted by some media buffoons as proof of gobal cooling!  Posted Image