Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Manmade Climate Change Discussion

Paul

Posted

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/76448-scepticism-of-man-made-climate-change/page-62#entry2959672

Did I? Then you have a better memory than I have :laugh:

You are tacitly admitting that selecting station by geographical location biased the result. But that is what the graphs that you, and Stew, applaud, utterly uncritically, do! When I see such graphs I'm sceptical...

Edited by Devonian
  • Like 3

Posted

I think you will find that BOM refuted that slander with a very in depth reply that was produced on here. In fact I remember  being  surprised the original comment was allowed to remain for legal reasons.

Posted

As we have been looking at winter.A picture is worth more than 1,000 words or 140 charts: http://data.giss.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/gistemp/nmaps.cgi?sat=4&sst=3&type=anoms&mean_gen=1203&year1=2014&year2=2014&base1=1951&base2=1980&radius=1200&pol=rob â€¦

Edited by knocker
  • Like 1

Posted

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/76448-scepticism-of-man-made-climate-change/page-61#entry2959646

"Puts to bed finally the argument that the winter in the USA wasn't acceptional"

Stew, lets look at the graph (it's by well know anonymous blogger 'Steven Goddard').. It says (we can all see it) 'all HCN stations'. ALL. Again, ALL. Now, where do you think such stations are? Spread about evenly across the US or concentrated where the people are? The latter...see where this is going?

Where are the people in the US? Mostly in the East. And where are the HNC stations most concentrated? Where has it been cold!!! See where this is going?

Stu, you have to weight data so you get geographic proportionality else your graph gets skewed. You can't simply take all the data and graph it and shout 'proof' - that is STUPID. Because if you do you bias your result towards where the stations are, and if the stations are where the cold is....

Let see if we see a graph of all HCN stations next time the east of the US gets a heatwave, I can guarantee Goddard wont publish it...

Yeah man. So, fortunately, the worlds weather stations are uniformly distributed, see where this is going??

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

Yes, The temp reconstructions that include the Arctic?

• Like 2

Posted

Berkeley Earth has just released analysis of land-surface temperature records going back 250 years, about 100 years further than previous studies. The analysis shows that the rise in average world land temperature globe is approximately 1.5 degrees C in the past 250 years, and about 0.9 degrees in the past 50 years.

http://berkeleyearth.org/summary-of-findings?/results-summary/

Posted

Yeah man. So, fortunately, the worlds weather stations are uniformly distributed, see where this is going??

No. Enlighten me.

Posted

And guess what.. The Earth has only gone and warmed since 1975. Science continues to move forward with times, to bring the most up-to-date analysis, And also learning from past mistakes.

The "Tabloid" Headline from 1975.

"Scientists Ask Why World Climate Is Changing; Major Cooling May Be Ahead; Scientists Ponder Why World's Climate Is Changing; a Major Cooling Widely Considered to Be Inevitable"

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/76448-scepticism-of-man-made-climate-change/page-62#entry2959931

Edited by Polar Maritime

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

No. Enlighten me.

See my post Dev! I'm sure he's alluding to the lack of the anomalous temps across the poles and the difference this would make to our current global temp record?

He is right of course. The past 15 years of accelerated snow/ice loss has lead to massive spring/summer/autumn temps across areas now devoid of ice/snow and those increases are absent from our current land station/sat records.

Sparks and I had spoken , earlier in the year, about this issue esp. trying to use poorly placed sats to peer sideways through a massive thickness of atmosphere ( compared to looking straight down through a thin layer of atmosphere) to gauge the polar/Antarctic temps.

We will , esp. since the reconstruction paper adding in poorly recorded areas, sort out this problem and I feel that some of our contributors will be dismayed at just how global temps have acted over the past 1 years once we add in these poorly sampled areas.

My biggest concern is what then occurs to global temps once augmented warming ( as opposed to negative natural impacts) resumes over the coming years.

EDIT: Oh Gawd , not ice age now again! does nobody care what the authors of that piece actually said or what their continued studies has them understand today?

I'd like the peddlers of such tosh to back up a magazine article with the swathe of scientific papers/data that lead to those few sentences ( taken well out of context) so we can see how we have altered our stance over the intervening 40 years!

Edited by Gray-Wolf
  • Like 1

Posted
10 charts that explain climate change mitigation

I really love the IPCC (high confidence), but if you read the summary for policymakers (medium confidence), some of the wording doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue (robust evidence, medium agreement).  You know what I mean? (medium evidence, medium agreement)

This post is an attempt to do a pictorial summary (of the summary) from Climate Change 2014: Mitigation of Climate Change using its main charts.  I’ll try to keep it punchy.

Posted

We are all used to seeing deniers trotting out the ridiculous mantra that all the world's climate scientists and associated interests groups are being financed by some unnamed power brokers, probably the Jews, as that's normally the default position, to conspire to hoodwink the world. Well we all know who finances the disinformation.

Carter slams Koch brothers for funding climate denial

Jimmy Carter has criticised the Koch brothers for distorting the climate change debate through multi-million dollar donations to sceptic organisations.

Speaking in Paris yesterday, the former US president said that there was an “unpleasantly successful†campaign to undermine the science on global warming.

- See more at: http://www.rtcc.org/2014/04/23/carter-slams-koch-brothers-for-funding-climate-denial/#sthash.KKOwb8gX.dpuf

Edited by knocker
  • Like 2

Posted
Wave goodbye to the stadium wave - global warming still caused by humans

A new study refutes the hypothesis of a pattern in climate changes much like a stadium wave

Edited by knocker
  • Like 1

Posted

If proof was ever needed that climate and satire is alive and kicking this is it.

From the denier ( I refuse to misuse skeptic) thread.

"It does appear the man made thread can only shoot down factual posts.

Another factual post I found , with the link"

And the link was Steve Goddard. Anthony W's Unteroffizier

• Like 1

Posted

Who on earth could Mark Twain have been thinking of? Surely not.....................................

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please". 
Edited by knocker

Posted

How global warming broke the thermometer record

Last November we published a paper in Quarterly Journal of the Royal Meteorological Society on the subject of coverage bias in the Met Office HadCRUT4 temperature record. The paper was made available to all through the generous donations of Skeptical Science readers. We found that when the HadCRUT4 data are extended to cover the whole globe, some of the apparent slowdown in global warming over the past 16 years disappears. This video provides a brief recap of that work:

The original motivation for the project came from the fact that different versions of the temperature record were showing substantially different short term trends. We assumed that in addressing the coverage bias in HadCRUT4 we would bring it into agreement with the GISTEMP record from NASA. Having done that, the project would be finished.

But what we actually found was a surprise - our infilled record showed rather faster warming than GISTEMP.

http://www.skepticalscience.com/news.php?n=2508

• Like 3

Posted

For your delectation if you are having a boring hour or two.

Denier weirdness: "OMG it's insects" is back at WUWT - this time it's earth's central core nuclear reactor!

I'm slipping. I nearly missed a WUWT article by our old friend Ronald D Voisin, of OMG it's insects fame and who has advocated killing off insects and mammals to mitigate global warming. I only noticed it because of a tweet by Chris Colose retweeted by Michael Mann.

http://blog.hotwhopper.com/2014/04/denier-weirdness-omg-its-insects-is.html