Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern Regional Discussion Discussion 21st May 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow (of course) Storms, Sunshine, everything begging with 'S'

Roasting here!

Posted ImageA021.gif

Temp: 22.4°C

Dew:  15.7°C

Hum:  66%

Humidex:  26.8°C

Apparent: 23.2°C

Keep thinking I can hear thunder but I believe it is the MOD firing at the Purbecks. Can you hear this too Mapantz?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Keep thinking I can hear thunder but I believe it is the MOD firing at the Purbecks. Can you hear this too Mapantz?

I can't hear anything at the moment.

They were firing last night, some of the loudest booms i've heard for ages, car alarms were going off and the windows were shaking.  :)

Posted

More sun today than was forecast, though it has turned quite hazy now. Temperature is 24.6C after a minimum of 15.4C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

Weather warning from the Met Office;

post-12721-0-84041400-1371650789_thumb.j

Posted

A proper summer day with the day dawning in the teens temperature wise, hazy sunshine burning through quickly to full on sunshine and scattered thundery looking Cumulus/Altocumulus developing from late morning as the temperature edges towards the mid 20s.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot, hot, hot! Or cold, cold, cold!

Horrible day here in Southampton - sun has barely peeoped through grey stratos clouds. No humidity even to tease us with the promise of some excitement - creeping up from a low of 44%.

26.1C at 13.30 so it has been the warmest day of the year (SO FAR...!)Posted Image 

Lots of random booming and window shaking round my way, too - usually wretched cruise ships going out. Apart from the one time it was an earthquake, which was nice.

Posted

The sun has returned, temperature has made it to 24.1°C

Warmest and sweatiest day of the year.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

It got to 26.5C today here when the sun came out at around 1:30, making it the hottest day of the year - by over 3C!

Unfortunate that we have all this heat and humidity and no storms, though. Posted Image

be patient young padawan, storms will come!

Posted
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .
  • Weather Preferences: thunder/lightning ,gales and warm sunny weather
  • Location: Taunton Somerset(term time ) Sudbury, Suffolk weekends and holidays hoping to make Suffolk permanent soon ) . .

23c and gorgeous today.Clear blue sky, just clouding over now.

Posted

I've a feeling the time to watch things develop tomorrow will be from around 05.00 once the sun is up and able to add energy to what will already be a ripe atmosphere. I have seen storms develop quickly just after sunrise on previous occasions, the most recent being the Friday morning nearly 2 weeks ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

It's very odd, it's humid as hell, hot to boot, the sky looks ominous, yet the radar says NO!! I really want a storm!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Great day on the north coast of Cornwall. A bit cat and mouse with the mist and sun at first but by the afternoon the sun finally won out. Great surfing on godrevy. Such a bugger that it feels like we get a summers day on average one day a week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Great day on the north coast of Cornwall. A bit cat and mouse with the mist and sun at first but by the afternoon the sun finally won out. Great surfing on godrevy. Such a bugger that it feels like we get a summers day on average one day a week.

That often?? Posted Image

Overcast here but very mild/muggy for this time of the morning, 17.3c, a DP of 15.7c so if only the sun can get to work on the cloud layers, I think I have an outside chance of some Thunder.

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Well I must say although the following is from yesterday, perhaps what my eyes are looking at is the Cold Front mentioned in Nick F's forecast.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=convective;sess=

Looking at the latest radar capture, the frontal mass out heading NNW from the Eastern side of the English Channel could have some impact of parts of our region into the afternoon. No sferics detected within that band for now but maybe some diurnal heating can do its job for a few of us. I live in hope.

post-7183-0-13702000-1371716858_thumb.gi

Posted

I think we need to get rid of this grey crud in the sky first.

Feels like the sky has been like this for days now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

I think we need to get rid of this grey crud in the sky first.Feels like the sky has been like this for days now!

But it was a beautiful sunny day yesterday. 

Posted

But it was a beautiful sunny day yesterday.

I was in Portsmouth yesterday and it was overcast and grey there. Can't comment on conditons back home. ;)

Posted

It's bloody freezing here today! 10 degrees down on yesterday, no sun, and ppn rates of 0.01mm/hr from annoying drizzle.

Posted

I was woken twice by downpours last night, firstly at 01.30 and again just before 05.00 with both making me keep my eyes open in the hope of a flash of lightning to no avail - does anyone know if either of those lines of downpours that moved SE-NW overnight gave anything thundery in the region?