Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Risk Discussion - 23rd July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather - any kind!

If they issue an amber anywhere else in the country its a sure thing, when they issue one here you disbelieve until you actually see it with your own eyes.

I see amber warnings as a curse - the most dramatic weather we've had has always been under a yellow warning - if we have an amber it almost guarantees to be a non-event!

Posted

I share your frustration I really do, this is exactly the reason I hate summer we never get the storms in our neck of the woods. Roll on Autumn & Winter at least we get our fair share of snowfall.

Lol, some people in our region would disagree with you there after missing out in January and March, this year. Edited by Weather-history

Posted

Thunder to my northwest(Burnley way) im in Bingley west yorks n im hoping the line of storms stall n explode?!?!? For pits sake lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: severe storms,snow wind and ice

If took my Bolteks out and smashed them to bits as a sacrifice would that do the trick?

YES,YES,do it,it might work,so that's what's causing the storm shield lol.

Lol, some people in our region would disagree with you there after missing out in January and March, this year.

I did fairly well here last winter had 3 or 4 decent falls including the one which closed junction 26-27 north & south bound of the M6 on a Friday night, had 14 inches of level snow by midnight that night.

Posted

ahhh so depressing this area is usually pretty good although there was a little something in the early hours this morning it still isnt anywhere near to what i was hoping for. Still feel sorry for the guys that got literally nothing!

Posted

Huge amounts of scud racing upward into this storm now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Still looks like the thunderstorms are going to be stuck to the S and W of here and keep fizzling out as they approach- then again I can't really complain as I stayed over at a hotel in Dunfriesshire last night and picked up a decent thunderstorm there at 8:30 to 9:30am.

Posted

TCu developing near Sheffield, quite a show looking at it from the window out here, must be towering 30k ft and continuing to grow in all directions.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Skies clearing again no surprise there. As ever dark to the SW east and South East and some nice clouds just gone over the house to create a nice storm elsewhere no doubt.

Posted

Well looks like Chesterfield took another hit today, il bet my life that when i get back home, all the storm action moves down here to cornwall! 

Posted

Darton, barnsley S75 postcode, storm clearing north to wakefield

Posted

Here's the story where I am.  The red dots represent lightning strikes today over the UK:

post-8245-0-46717300-1374605944_thumb.jp

Courtesy of http://brunnur.vedur.is/athuganir/eldingar/index.html?

The breakdown seems to have missed this area - clear blue skies here at the moment!  The only difference to last week is that it is 23C and not 29C.  Not complaining too much though, I don't think we've done so badly for storms over the last few years here as some folks have.

Some fantastic photos and videos on here today - keep them coming! Posted Image

Edited by virtualsphere

Posted

TCu developing near Sheffield, quite a show looking at it from the window out here, must be towering 30k ft and continuing to grow in all directions.

You're looking the wrong direction mate it ain't growing this way.

Posted

Went clear for a while around here,clouds have built up again some dark ones about,not had no rain since this mornings small storm

Went clear for a while around here,clouds have built up again some dark ones about,not had no rain since this mornings small storm

At this point now I'd just settle for some distant sheet lightening when it goes dark in a couple of hours! I just want to see something!

Posted

A tremondus sight to my Ne, shreads of blue sky with huge storm heads reflecting bright orange in the evenimg sun.

Posted

DEw point and temp dropped off 2c here another nail in the coffin. Always tomorrow frustration too look forward too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather.

Is nocturnal cooling going to have an effect tonight? Or do I give up.

Storms yet again have bypassed the area and I was really confident things would be different this time. Silly me! lol

I share your frustration I really do, this is exactly the reason I hate summer we never get the storms in our neck of the woods. Roll on Autumn & Winter at least we get our fair share of snowfall. 

Yes I share your frustration too here in Warwickshire, here also we get our fair share of snowfall, usually we miss the worst of the snow but even the worst is still miles better than thunderstorms here, yes getting tired of summer now its nice for a month or two but then I start to long for autumn/winter, also until late August everything is so quiet, can't wait for the football season and entertainment to pick up, bored to death of the royal baby too :D

Posted

You're looking the wrong direction mate it ain't growing this way.

Looks like it might be turning more northerly now along with the rest of the cells out there across the north mids. Still haven't a clue where the meto are getting the amber warning from for parts of Manchester and Lancs.

Posted

Looks like it might be turning more northerly now along with the rest of the cells out there across the north mids. Still haven't a clue where the meto are getting the amber warning from for parts of Manchester and Lancs.

Wrong place. Just needed a red warning for Notts and forget everybody else.  Any rain totals for the Nottingham area as they must be impressive.