Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Risk Discussion - 23rd July 2013 onwards

Coast

Posted

More torture for everyone this weekend by the looks of things, starting to get cross model agreement of another Plume Event on Saturday Night with both the GFS And the ECMWF Now coming together on their thoughts.

Posted

Is that the outbreak over then or are we expecting another push from the South

Seen a bit of rain today but mainly suffered awful humidity all day so hoping another push might clear it if we're due one....if not cant complain saw a couple of flashes last night :)

Posted

I'm not even bothering to look at any forecasts now, they've been utterly wrong - the silly numpty on the BBC was STILL wittering on about rain and TS this evening, anyone with half a brain can see what's happening. Why is the far east so difficult to forecast for? The only thing they get right is coastal clag.....

Did you see the BBC look east forecast that they showing 24hrs ago? Had a huge belt of rain, lots of bright colours and all. Looked like it was covering the whole of Norhants. It should be there about now. But it seems to have got lost somewhere!

More torture for everyone this weekend by the looks of things, starting to get cross model agreement of another Plume Event on Saturday Night with both the GFS And the ECMWF Now coming together on their thoughts.

YAY! At least I don't have to get up on Sunday. Zero sleep last night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Thunderstorms, Heat (Summer) & Snow in Winter

Great haha you gotta love the excitement though!

Paul you couldn't use your skills and give me an idea of what is happening up here could you?  Cells are appearing then some are moving due north and others NNW - and to top it all that Notts storm has a huge area of cloud associated to the north of it now right up the coast - we have been forecast a soaking overnight but I am baffled as to where they are getting this from as the cells and storms are all moving north in to Scotland?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

Oh bloody hell I need some time to de-geek. More waiting and hoping on the cards then.

Posted

Couple of interesting looking towers going up to the South of me, one near Ollerton area has gone pretty quickly..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold/snow winter, Warm/hot summer, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales

Do.Not.Care

Posted

Enjoy the storms, Paul. This region will miss out no doubt as lot of us did today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Damn i can't chase Saturday night. Or will it still be around Sunday too?

Posted

One thing I won't forget about yesterday though, was that time from around 5.30pm to 10.30pm. I have never known it feel so oppressive. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Enjoy the storms, Paul. This region will miss out no doubt as lot of us did today.

This one too!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Posted

I have been nearly as disappointed as in winter when Manchester and other areas was effected by that snow shield and now no storms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything dramatic!

Most disappointed with the utter lack of storms in East Surrey today. I can only hope for a surprise as night falls, but I can't see any real basis for that...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Even Kev's sounding down about the situation!

In all honesty, the Sat night/Sun night 'event' will probably be watered down/moved out of reach etc etc as we edge closer.

Posted

storm still ongoing here , nothing spectacular, but im not complaining.. do you all think this as the last for my area tonight or will it be worth staying up till after midnight ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe storms and heavy snow

I have been nearly as disappointed as in winter when Manchester and other areas was effected by that snow shield and now no storms.

They have a no storms club, by the sound of it they should make just a "no weather" club too.

Posted

The sky due east of me has gone very dark, and there appears to be more very dark stuff approaching from the south now.

Posted

Damn i can't chase Saturday night. Or will it still be around Sunday too?

It'll be sight seeing in the Netherlands....so I wouldn't worry!

Posted

Don't even mention the March snow shield. I've tried my best to forget about that travesty. I almost needed a new laptop and a pane of glass because mine was close to going through the window.

Posted

still a few rumbles of thunder around here, feeling very muggy. not sure if i have a storm headache comming

Edited by sparky1972

Posted

Funny that it has been just the same here. Even the rain has managed to somehow avoid us today as well, what did fall didn't even wet the ground.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

I'm sure I'll find something interesting to do over the weekend, might even cut the remaining green bits of grass. That'll take about 10 minutes, then I believe I have some paint to watch drying Posted Image