Please bbc don't forecast it lol

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

On the back tail of this band over us which is currently over France and Belgium it's looking pretty good, bright radar echoes and lots of sferics

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

I know Norwich (in particular) very well. Up there a lot - and always have been. And I do remember it in the 70's and 80's are being much more dramatic, weatherwise, than it ever is nowadays. What on earth has changed?!

No idea, we used to get some corkers up here, usually on a Wednesday for some reason. Historically the East Anglian Clay Plateau has been a hot spot for storms. I've lived here since 1986

.  but in the last 15 years the activity has decreased year on year and has started later in the year (for example the last 5 years were mid May, mid May, June, June, end of June. Now it's almost the end of July). This isn't just plume events, it's home grown storms and storms generated further west as well.

Posted

Sky looking pretty dark now (although realise that could be nightfall ;-)). I was so looking forward to a good storm....hey ho, best get saving to do a storm chase! x

Hi Scrat! Good to see you on here in summer with your Ruskin quotes and general good stuff!AS

Posted

looks like frace and belgum took the best of the storms we were left with the dribs and drabs of it :(

Posted

Snail city in our back garden for the past couple of hours. Two lots of T&L kind of disappointing, but the second lightning was impressive. Ah well, off to Cyprus on Tuesday, the storms can be fab up in the mountains.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

On the back tail of this band over us which is currently over France and Belgium it's looking pretty good, bright radar echoes and lots of sferics

i hope there is more to come but at least here those few rumbles seem to have broken the humidity for now

Posted

Hi Scrat! Good to see you on here in summer with your Ruskin quotes and general good stuff!

AS

Kalo taxidi yia avrio AS; and have a great time, this time tomorrow you should be in a very happy restina-addled land indeed for your birthday - bound to make the early start worth it Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Well if no one has any lightning vids at least we might be able to post some snail kicking vids, or even snail golfing Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

No idea, we used to get some corkers up here, usually on a Wednesday for some reason. Historically the East Anglian Clay Plateau has been a hot spot for storms. I've lived here since 1986

.  but in the last 15 years the activity has decreased year on year and has started later in the year (for example the last 5 years were mid May, mid May, June, June, end of June. Now it's almost the end of July). This isn't just plume events, it's home grown storms and storms generated further west as well.

So sorry. I remember, as a kiddie, being absolutely petrified of one particular night-time storm in Norwich one summer in the late 70's. The lightning was incredible.

It was, in fact, one of the last ever thunderstorms I was scared of. (My brother taught me to love them, in the subsequent months.)

Posted

Snail city in our back garden for the past couple of hours. Two lots of T&L kind of disappointing, but the second lightning was impressive. Ah well, off to Cyprus on Tuesday, the storms can be fab up in the mountains.

Have a great trip Reef, I have invested in 5 sets of snorkelling gear and we are going to give it a go on our Greek island as we have hired a boat for 3 days, but with your forum name I suspect you are going to do some more serious stuff?!I really should sign off to prepare for the 3am alarm but am in serious holiday mode!AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Love a bit of snow

English storms are like are football team Full of hypeBut never deliver

Have a great trip Reef, I have invested in 5 sets of snorkelling gear and we are going to give it a go on our Greek island as we have hired a boat for 3 days, but with your forum name I suspect you are going to do some more serious stuff?!I really should sign off to prepare for the 3am alarm but am in serious holiday mode!AS

have a great holiday abruzzi

Posted

Kalo taxidi yia avrio AS; and have a great time, this time tomorrow you should be in a very happy restina-addled land indeed for your birthday - bound to make the early start worth it Posted Image

It's this sort of lovely stuff that makes this SE forum such a pleasure; thank you Reef, very much

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

English storms are like are football teamFull of hypeBut never deliverhave a great holiday abruzzi

Ditto: Have a good un

Posted

Most important piece of advice I share with any fellow snorkelling enthusiast - wear something to cover your back! Too many sunburn experiences to count:( For me and my aspergers son it's a fantastic bonding experience and I really drill in the 'buddying' side for safety. He is fearless and dives down meters to explore all the fishies, and his love for them 6 years ago aged 7 so overwhelmed him he became vegetarian!

Yep, your holiday is underway already I imagine - stay sober for the flight though!!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Give me a westerly wind and homegrown storms any day

Luckily monday might be that day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 'Big talk' weather....:-)

Hi Scrat! Good to see you on here in summer with your Ruskin quotes and general good stuff!AS

Hey...great to be back, thanks for the welcome, hope all's well with you all?  Tad disappointed about today's weather (as much as I love snow, I love a good storm too).  Will probably be on here more now as I'm in the process of being made redundant.....which is pretty crappy, however, the benefits will be spending the summer with my girls and getting back to this forum again :-)....silver lining and everything x

Posted

Me roads flooding, the drain is overflowing, this keeps up might have to abandon house, no thunder yet!!