Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective / Storm Discussion - 23rd August onwards 2013

Posted

As per the whole day, we've not had a drop of rain even though it's been showed.....nm ay? :-/

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Light rain falling smells nice with the nitrogen release though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

Any noticed that cell over france has become electrified? Hope the channel doesn't kill it off... Probably wishful thinking though

SST's are at their peak around about this time of the year, so probably the best time to get one to cross the Channel of death!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

One flash of lightning and a rumble of thunder here, all t.v signals have gone too.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/Clear and Frosty/Snow Showers

Big flash of lightning to my west,keeping curtains open now to look for more,didn't hear any thunder as we're watching tv.Light rain earlier has now died out.Still feeling very muggy.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Just the one rumble but didn't see a flash, although wasn't looking out of any windows. Bodes well for later though as things are starting to kick off.

Guest William Grimsley

Stuff over Jersey is ours Posted Image http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

I think you could be right there :D

I'd prefer it if it came over East Anglia, WG...Posted Image 

I bet you do... Posted Image

Newton Poppleford Weather, has recorded 3.8 mm of rainfall so far today and the highest rainfall rate recorded so far today is 4.8 mm/hr 18:41. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

And so it begins..... looks like the NE folks are in for a thundery good time again! If only it would happen to some of us folks that have missed out this year. Oh well, carry on here and let's hope we all strike lucky this time.Posted Image

The NE is the new E  :D :D

Posted

Whilst it "felt" a bit stormy yesterday evening before THAT storm hit York, this evening was infinitely different. So muggy on the golf course I almost felt like I couldn't breathe and my clothes were stuck to me. Some pretty nasty looking dark grey matter passed to the W or NW and I did wonder if I saw a funnel but at the time my birdie putt was more important (in hindsight......).

Anyway, looking at the radar it appears that the band of potential storms are straightening and heading a bit north, ie missing areas as East as York and staying Leeds, Harrogate, Wetherby line. Am I right?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

I'd prefer it if it came over East Anglia, WG...Posted Image 

Do we get flash flooding over here? I'm not sure we're properly qualified.......Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

The NE is the new E  Posted ImagePosted Image

The NE seems to be the default destination for storms/snow/interesting weather just lately.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Sickening how all that rain has sparked off to the NE of here Posted Image I want some lightning damnit!

Not the only one, all forecasts I've seen show my part of the world remaining bone dry, in fact it shows some sunshine tomorrow over here (if there isn't low cloud/fog again as usual). Either way I'm expecting the north sea to kill everything over this part of the world like every other storm event Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Do we get flash flooding over here? I'm not sure we're properly qualified.......Posted Image

Not the flash flooding. But we could do with a wee drop of rain? And a few flashes!Posted Image 

• Like 3

Guest William Grimsley

Newton Poppleford Weather, has recorded 4.0 mm of rainfall today and the highest rainfall rate recorded today is 4.8 mm/hr 18:41. :D

Guest William Grimsley

That stuff to my SW needs to electrify! Cmonnnn! 

I wish all the rain E Devon had today was electrified!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Not the flash flooding. But we could do with a wee drop of rain? And a few flashes!Posted Image 

The only flashes here will probably be a speedo or bikini malfunction on the beach tomorrow Posted Image