Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 24/8/13 ------------>

A.J

Posted

Good afternoon all. Well Robins post above, and AB's post earlier say it far more eloquently than I can and both are spot on. It is quite simply a stunning day here today with blue skies throughout and the temperature hovering between 27-28c. I curse being practically flat bound on days like this but I did make an effort to make a 10 minute walk to the shops and back just now. It felt like the height of Summer out there.

NB: Good luck to LeighD, hope the exam went well today. Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Alert of Rain for London & South East England :

Buckinghamshire & Oxfordshire

Yellow Alert of Rain for East of England :

Peterborough

Periods of heavy and persistent rain are likely to affect parts of England and Wales during Friday and Saturday.

The public should be aware that there is a risk of localised disruption due to flooding.

Issued at:

1102 on Wed 4 Sep 2013

Valid from:

0005 on Fri 6 Sep 2013

Valid to:

2359 on Sat 7 Sep 2013

Bands of rain will become slow-moving across parts of the UK on Friday and Saturday. Some locally heavy and persistent rainfall is expected, particularly across Wales and parts of England.  This may cause some flooding from rivers or surface water. There is still significant uncertainty as to where and when the heaviest rainfall and greatest impacts will occur, so this Alert will be updated on Thursday.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=uk&from=rss&sn=54EB9E55-98E5-343D-0534-E84021E09507_2_SE&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1378422000

Posted

^^ Oi Ali.........we know it's all downhill from now but there was no need to rain on our currently warm and sunny parade.Posted ImagePosted Image

Just joshing by the way, certainly a big change heading our way. Posted Image

Edited by Bluebreezer54
  • Like 1

Posted

I'd be more worried about the boobs!Posted Image 

It's not your boobs you want to worry about if you go swimming with these fishes....

post-10773-0-15154600-1378307965_thumb.j

Testicle-eating 'ball-cutter' fish could be heading for UK after being spotted in France

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/testicle-eating-ball-cutter-fish-could-heading-2251140

^^ Oi Ali.........we know it's all downhill from now but there was no need to rain on our currently warm and sunny parade.Posted ImagePosted Image

Just joshing by the way, certainly a big change heading our way. Posted Image

Don't shoot the messenger Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all

Busy week here so far, hope to be able to settle back a bit this evening and enjoy some of this fantastic weather we have before it all goes TU into the weekend.

26.9oC at the mo in the shed, that warrants a stroll to the shop methinks.

Posted

You beauty! 

Posted Image

Benson Sunny intervals 26.7 °C
Brize Norton Sunny intervals 25.3 °C
Charlwood Sunny 27.4 °C
Gravesend No data 25.0 °C
Heathrow Sunny 27.5 °C
Herstmonceux Sunny 25.1 °C
High Wycombe Sunny 25.1 °C
Kenley Sunny 25.0 °C
Langdon Bay No data 23.2 °C
Manston Sunny 23.5 °C
Northolt Sunny intervals 28.0 °C
Odiham Sunny 26.0 °C
Shoreham No data 21.7 °C
Solent No data 24.2 °C
St Catherine's Point No data 22.2 °C
Thorney Island Sunny 23.7 °C

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/observations/

Posted Image

• Like 1

It's not your boobs you want to worry about if you go swimming with these fishes....

Posted Image£££Pacu-fish-teeth-2156526.jpg

Testicle-eating 'ball-cutter' fish could be heading for UK after being spotted in France

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-news/testicle-eating-ball-cutter-fish-could-heading-2251140

Don't shoot the messenger Posted Image

Quote from the article "They bite because they're hungry, and testicles sit nicely in their mouth."Posted Image

and back to the weather a lovely day here with late afternoon sunshire.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Hmm could reach 30C tomorrow given tomorrow is supposed to be even warmer than today.

• Like 1

Posted

Hmm could reach 30C tomorrow given tomorrow is supposed to be even warmer than today.

Temps forecast about 2°C above today's forecast on GFS, so that could be right for places like West London:

Posted Image

Still a way to go to hit the record for September though:

35.6 °C 2nd September 1906^ Bawtry, Hesley Hall (South Yorkshire)

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/climate/uk/extremes/monthly_temperature_country.html

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

^Still 30C isn't half bad for September Posted Image

Will be doing an errand to Kilburn North London tomorrow so I will experience the heat for myself.

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 3

Posted

Quote from the article "They bite because they're hungry, and testicles sit nicely in their mouth."Posted Image

No comment (but I did notice that as well Posted Image  )

Very warm here Posted Image

Posted

What both?Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Sorry to notch the conversation back up a level here, but it will be interesting to see what the regional BBC weather forecasters make of tomorrows temperatures. I can imagine Kaddy Lee Preston if she's on will be particularity OTT with her description and whoever is on the post national news broadcast should have a field-day with temps forecast like this for London tomorrow:

post-6667-0-34801400-1378310691_thumb.jp

• Like 4

Posted

^Still 30C isn't half bad for September Posted Image

Will be doing an errand to Kilburn North London tomorrow so I will experience the heat for myself.

I think there is an outside chance of reaching 30c here in Nw London tomorrow Captain S, so your trip to Kilburn should be a warm one. Still full on sunshine and 28.5c here this afternoon.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

Turned into a fabulous day here too. (Very welcome after yesterday's cloudy disappointment.) Was a bit nervous through much of the morning though. Misty low cloud seemed very reluctant to thin and break. Suddenly it did.......but then it came back again, and I thought "Here we go." But the second batch cleared off within about 20 minutes. And it has been sunshine pretty much all the way since then. Just a couple of convective cumulus came up from the south, and briefly blocked out the sun - at the very moment I decided to sit outside and munch my lunch!

But, yep, what a fabulous September day. And talk of 30° tomorrow. Cor, Friday/Saturday will be a shock to the system!

As regards spiders, woke up the other night to find one crawling across my shoulder. Not for the first time in the last few years either. They love this house for some reason.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

I haven't seen the forecast tday but are the still talking about a drop of 10c in temperature for Friday and rain although I see the weather warnings are further west at the moment

Just seen the forecast so looks like I shall be taking up residence in the spare room spending the weekend on the art projects rather than being out and about like recent weeks.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Good afternoon all. Well Robins post above, and AB's post earlier say it far more eloquently than I can and both are spot on. It is quite simply a stunning day here today with blue skies throughout and the temperature hovering between 27-28c. I curse being practically flat bound on days like this but I did make an effort to make a 10 minute walk to the shops and back just now. It felt like the height of Summer out there.

NB: Good luck to LeighD, hope the exam went well today. Posted Image

Thanks Martin. Yes it all went good thanks ðŸ‘. Just to add some weather content to it. I had to leave at 5.30am to get to Southwark for my 8am exam. It was pretty misty and felt very autumnal on the drive along the A13. I then dropped my car off and trained it the rest of the way. By this time it seemed to be brightening up, but once I returned to work in RM10, it was still very misty, and I got a tad excited of the prospects of the up coming autumn and winter. I was in my office for a couple of hours and went out for lunch at 12pm, and it was very very warm with clear blue skies, and a gleaming sun. The sun is starting to set now, and I can see the slightest of mist starting to form.

Hope all is well with you Martin, and everyone else on here. ðŸ‘

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Off to the beach again tomorrow then. And I'll try to get a windbreak this time.

How amazing the summer has been. One of the best I remember, although it was a shame about the cold spring and June - would have got a better bean and veg crop.

• Like 3

Posted

Posted Image

tomorrow

winds variable but looks southerly

high pressure now looks strong enough to almost kill that low

expect early morning mist and fog locally

i would still think there is a chance of some localised showers mid afternoon

temps around 28 and poss a tad higher locally

rain predict from ukmo

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

thursday night

a weak southerly flow

temps around 15 and humid

rainfall on the way for breakfast time

Posted Image

friday

a variable flow but mainly north easterly

temps around 18-20 degrees

rainfall

Posted Image

uppers

Posted Image

some unstable air for the afternoon so a slim chance of a rumble or 2 in the heavier bursts

Posted Image

friday night

now a south westerly and could get quite breezy

Posted Image

rainfall around and some heavy and persistant

temps

Posted Image

around 14-15 degrees

Posted Image

saturday

a strong south west wind

Posted Image

sunny intervals and showers

Posted Image

temps around 18 degrees

update the rest later Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by john pike
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Sorry to notch the conversation back up a level here, but it will be interesting to see what the regional BBC weather forecasters make of tomorrows temperatures. I can imagine Kaddy Lee Preston if she's on will be particularity OTT with her description and whoever is on the post national news broadcast should have a field-day with temps forecast like this for London tomorrow:

Posted ImageBBC temp forecast.jpg

Indeed. Not unheard of for September to be a scorcher.

I remember that 18th September in 1998 which happened to be my parents' 50th wedding anniversary and we had 45 people for lunch with a suckling pig (we'd hired a small marquee just in case, but didn't need it so cooked the pig in there so we wouldn't pass out from heat.

I laid the tables on the lawn with a bottle of red wine on each one, but had to bring them all in again as they were getting MULLED.

Both parents are still going and it'll be their 65th Wedding anniversary in a week or two.

• Like 2

Posted

Posted Image

not sure re these

what these show are

below average temps from the 7th to the 12th

fi after that

precipitation looks quite high after the 7th on as well

will check the ecm ensembles later

• Like 2

Posted

Lovely hot sunny day here, ending in a wasp sting to the sole of my foot as I got over-keen on the tan top-up and was walking around barefoot. What a great end to summer anyway, especially with even hotter temps forecast tomorrow for the return to the school/work run to Uxbridge - will be checking those Heathrow temps with interest.

Have a lovely summery evening everyonePosted Image

• Like 5