Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 24/8/13 ------------>

A.J

Posted

That literally made me laugh so loud im glad nobody is around to hear me laugh like a complete nut bag!The wasps this year are incredibly annoying, they let themselves into my house and disapear into the cat food pouches! You get quite a shock when one of them flys out at you, they are a very weird colour this year as well they seem to have a darker yellow than usual almost like a mustard colour. I just wish the wasps in the Uk were as tolerant as the wasps I have encountered else were like in Greece the wasps were 10x more abundent but they were very docile and you could swat them away with no problem and out of the 7 people we went there with none of us got stung, also Praying Mantids were quite abundent. Maybe because the area was sparsly populated and there was plenty of food? Also in Florida there were loads Bald Faced Hornets but they never seemed to interact with humans, they just stayed up in the fruit trees.  I dont mind insects just as long as they keep to themselves, the european wasps tend to invade your personal space.Back to the weather, its hot 29c at the moment clear blue skies and the works.

I woke up about 7ish this morning to a brilliantly white bedroom, almost like the days you would wake up to fresh snowfall. It was soo foggy that I could hardly see to the end of my garden it was crazy! 

My wasp bite from yesterday on the sole of my foot is still simmering unpleasantly:( To be fair, the three times I have been bitten by wasps in this country were all entirely my fault for being barefoot or picking up a pile of garden clippings - in both situations the wasp inhabitants were quick to make their presence known.

Just going hazy here now after a lovely blue sky day, car temperature claimed 31 degs at one point, can't be sure on that though. Need to dig out 'sensible' clothes for tomorrow; hoping for some dry/warmth-ish on Saturday for the final of my birthday get-togethers - last bbq of the year anyone?

• Like 1

Posted

Play Nice chaps, please!

I don't see anything that suggests we are doing otherwise to be honest Jo. Maybe a lot of posts have been deleted or moderated ?

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Scandal?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

Confirmed hottest September day since 2006 and right within my prediction - http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/77189-autumn-2013-thoughts-prospects-and-forecasts/?p=2781096

It's reached 30.4 °C in Frittenden, Kent today. This makes it the hottest September day since 2006

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, snow, warm sunny days.

It's turned cloudy here with some big towers bubbling up to the East of me...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

It's turned cloudy here with some big towers bubbling up to the East of me...

you can keep them there then LOL

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

An anvil away to the NNW...Maybe heading for somewhere near Naarwich?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Ah welcome to the delights of north west London Captain. No North Sea muck and murk here Posted Image

cheers :)

just dropping stuff off for my step sister. some proper convection happening now

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine. And storms

cheers Posted Image

just dropping stuff off for my step sister. some proper convection happening now

Yep, the cell moving north from Norwich towards Aylsham is proper busy! 8)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

well i meant in london but hey ho :p

a pizza and a glass of wine for £7. yes please

Posted

Evening all

The sun has disappeared over SE London, replaced by some threatening cloud formations....  might be in for some of the wet stuff a bit later

FC

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, winter snow.

Evening all.

Second consecutive fabulous day here. (And none of that early morning fog which caused the awful mess on the Sheppey Crossing just a few miles away. I knew it was foggy down there though, as you can normally see the bridge from the top of my road. But just a distant bank of grey this morning. Little did I know what had just happened in that fog. Thank goodness nobody was killed.)

Anyway, we reached a max of 28.1 today. Not bad going for 5th September! Could see some reasonably impressive convective towers going up on the western horizon earlier. But they've moved away now. I tell you something though - the lengthening shadows were more apparent than ever today. ("Obviously! Seeing as we're getting closer to the autumnal equinox," I hear some of you cry. But I'm sure you know what I mean!

Blitzortung suggesting Norwich is pretty electrical at the moment. Nice.

P.S. re: spiders.....ANOTHER huge one in the house this morning. Reading what somebody said yesterday about putting them out the window breaking all their bones, this morning's one was placed GENTLY in the back garden. (I'm sure it followed me back into the house though!)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

It is, indeed...as Carol Kirkwood (in fishnet stockings of course) might say: 

• Like 1

Posted

Yep, the cell moving north from Norwich towards Aylsham is proper busy! Posted Image

Yes it was, just arrived back at home with Fish and Chips, before I could bet out of the car the heavens opened.  My grand daughter took one look at me, laughed and said "You're saturated", Posted Image

7.8 mm of rain in 15 minutes, temperature dropped from 25.8 to 17.3 but climbing again now.

Just got the grass cut :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Good evening cyber friends...

Well we maxed out here at 28c today, and some very high cloud started appearing I knew it was game over. Not that I'm complaining though 😄. Woke up this morning, to what I like to call an autumn winter land, bring nice thick fog, then by lunchtime I was basking in summer wonder land.... Just been out for my nightly 10k run, and it feels very sticky and uncomfortable out there. Oh well got me waterproofs, and jumper ready for the morning..... Oh how I love the British weather, but not the midgets and gnats that have seemed to feasted off me whilst out running.. Current temp 24c. Have a great evening guys ðŸ‘

• Like 2

Posted

tomorrow

wet

Posted Image

saturday

breezy west to south west flow

showers around and some heavier

the further south you are the better chance of more drier slots

temps around 18-20 degrees

cannot do sunday yet

no updates and ukmo is the same

• Like 3

Posted

Good evening cyber friends...Well we maxed out here at 28c today, and when some very high cloud started appearing I knew it was game over. Not that I'm complaining though 😄. Woke up this morning, to what I like to call an autumn winter land, nice thick fog, then by lunchtime I was basking in summer wonder land.... Just been out for my nightly 10k run, and it feels very sticky and uncomfortable out there. Oh well got me waterproofs, and jumper ready for the morning..... Oh how I love the British weather, but not the midgets and gnats that have seemed to feasted off me whilst out running.. Current temp 24c. Have a great evening guys ðŸ‘

Sorry. I meant to edit. Not quote 😧

Posted

Has it been nice today, then?

Been in the office since 7:30 am and am still here and haven't been out all day!  This is not a healthy way to live....

I turned round to look out of the window just now and it's quite dark - made me think, and not in a good way, of arriving in the dark and leaving in the dark!  Grrrr

AS

• Like 1

Posted

tomorrow

wet

Posted Image

saturday

breezy west to south west flow

showers around and some heavier

the further south you are the better chance of more drier slots

temps around 18-20 degrees

cannot do sunday yet

no updates and ukmo is the same

Really enjoyed reading your in-depth forecast for tomorrow John... Hahaha
  • Like 1

Posted

hi leigh

thought i would be a bit technical with it Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

after glorious day with temperatures at 29 degrees for some. Tomorrow will feel fresh highs of 16c Thats a steep drop!

Edited by Mark Neal.

Posted

hi leigh

thought i would be a bit technical with it Posted Image

Very technical JP. But in all honesty, with my very very limited knowledge of even trying to attempt to read fax charts, models etc i could of done a hell of a better job. Here goes 'very cloudy, with rain, heavy and also patchy at times. Feeling cooler' and I can also put some symbols in as well 💦💨. Hehehe
  • Like 1