Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 24/8/13 ------------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Evening, back from the pub, serving beautiful Thai cuisine, couple of pints of ale and a couple of games of pool and I'm a happy man. Still warm enough for t-shirt and shorts even at this time in the evening Posted Image

Weather front, I wouldn't be surprised if this region is dry for the foreseeable after Fridays rain, the weekend we should avoid the showers given the wind direction and there is an increasing chance of high pressure rebuilding across the country next week. Posted Image

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 3

Posted

Posted Image

sunday

a breezy westerly flow

looks mainly dry but there will be some showers around to the north of the region and some showers likely first thing am to the east of the region

temps around 18-20 degrees

Posted

Another nice day here - up to 25.2c so a bit warmer than the 21c forecast. I'd imagine it'll be a repeat tomorrow as I'm forecast 21c again by the MO..

As much as this late summer sun is nice I want to watch my lamppost and check the radar every two minutes in case a streamer is developing!

• Like 1

Posted

Posted Image

temps

Posted Image

wind

Posted Image

rainfall

from these i see

average temps from the 7th

nowt hot or cold although the evenings look to be cooling down gradually

some rain about some dry bits

all in all pleasant Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

just something to watch

this has shown on a couple of runs now

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

that low tracking in from the south west looks a nasty little bugger

anything coming in from there needs watching

Posted Image

with warm sea temps and pushing up against a strong high pressure that could be a problem

fi and all that but i find gfs reasonably good at atlantic storm predictions

i personally hope that buggers off the charts when we get into the reliable timeframe

Edited by john pike
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Another nice day here - up to 25.2c so a bit warmer than the 21c forecast. I'd imagine it'll be a repeat tomorrow as I'm forecast 21c again by the MO..As much as this late summer sun is nice I want to watch my lamppost and check the radar every two minutes in case a streamer is developing!

Only to be let down ay? this time of year it would only being rain, I’m ok with it being this hot at this time of year as meteorologically (for some reason I can't pronounce that world properly without getting tongue tied) speaking we have only just started Autumn and this time of year at this latitude we should still be having summer like average temperatures. Although saying that I expect at some point in late September to October to get the first below 5c reading in my area. Autumn is my favourite time of year the temperature tends to be comfortable with some swings from hot to cold with the first frosts of the season, the leaves are starting to change colour and fall plus we have Halloween (which is my second favourite holiday with Christmas being the first) and Guy Fawkes Night which is another on of my favourites! Both of those I like to be cold because I have some good memories of the weather being cold on Halloween when I went to Thorpe Park Fright Night with my sister (who was my manager at the time) and some of our work colleagues, and on Guy Fawkes Night me and a few of my flatmates went down to the docks in Southampton to watch Mayflower parks annual fireworks display which was pretty cold and misty. Great memories!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

just something to watch

this has shown on a couple of runs now

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

that low tracking in from the south west looks a nasty little bugger

anything coming in from there needs watching

Posted Image

with warm sea temps and pushing up against a strong high pressure that could be a problem

fi and all that but i find gfs reasonably good at atlantic storm predictions

i personally hope that buggers off the charts when we get into the reliable timeframe

I think I will disagree, that storm is perfectly welcome to make its home in the Azores, makes it more likely that the Azores high will sit over us and drag all that warmth over us Posted Image

Posted

Morning all.

I'm not sure if today is 'Summer's swansong', but it's a lovely warm start with some mist, quite thick in places that's keeping things slightly seasonal. Lets enjoy today and whatever it brings :)

• Like 5

Posted

Thick fog in this neck of the woods this morning. Also can't believe the amount of drivers out on the roads without their lights on in it!

• Like 3

Posted

Sunny start here again, no mist or fog here

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Sunny start here again, no mist or fog here

Nothing but blue sky and sunshine here - day off too so fully intend to make the most of it ! Have a good one all :-)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Thick fog in this neck of the woods this morning. Also can't believe the amount of drivers out on the roads without their lights on in it!

Same here...pea soup. Also people driving like complete idiots. Some muppet seriously cut me up on the A1M and when i flashed him he slammed his breaks on and i nearly went into the back of him. Scumbag!!! 

Posted

Left thick fog at home - got to work in London and it's clear blue skies with just a little mist that will quickly burn away (hopefully!)

• Like 1

Posted

Same here...pea soup. Also people driving like complete idiots. Some muppet seriously cut me up on the A1M and when i flashed him he slammed his breaks on and i nearly went into the back of him. Scumbag!!! 

It was quite shocking this morning the amount of people driving without their lights on, I must say!  It's almost like people think that because it's not cold out, and the forecast is for it to be clear blue skies and a mini heatwave, they could just ignore the fact that they couldn't see anything a couple of metres in front of them! 

• Like 1

Posted

It was quite shocking this morning the amount of people driving without their lights on, I must say!  

Same in Sussex Leeanne, but I bet they are the same people who put fog lights on during a sunny day :doh: 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Morning all - A glorious foggy start to the day here. Looking forward to the heat up later...

Good day to you all

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Cloudless every day you fall upon my waking eyes

Inciting and inviting me to rise

And through the window in the wall

Come streaming in on sunlight wings

A million bright ambassadors of morning.....

Apologies to any of you who arent fans of Pink Floyd, a bit too much catnip. 

Lovely start to the day here in Chislehurst, after the dispersal of a little mist. Late 20s c today, with a possible 30c in a favoured spot.

Then a completely different start to the day tomorrow, as a cold front approaches from the west. Difficult to pinpoint timing and amount of rainfall but wouldnt be at all surprised if it was a little thundery in nature.

Tom.

Edited by TomBR7
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Misty first thing here. No thick fog, but all has now cleared, to clear blue skies.

I see there's been a big pile up in fog in Sheppey..

• Like 1

Posted

I think tomorrow will be a shock to the system if the temperature and rain is correct.

A fair amount and probably welcome for many gardens, a complete change to today by the looks of it:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted

I see there's been a big pile up in fog in Sheppey..

Just seen that on the BBC news website:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-23970047

Over 100 vehicles in the crash and an eye witness said "visibility was very poor but drivers were approaching the crossing with no lights"

Muppets.

Posted

and now from Norwich....

For your first question, what does this red symbol over Norfolk signify for tomorrow?

Posted Image

Just seen that on the BBC news website:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-23970047

Over 100 vehicles in the crash and an eye witness said "visibility was very poor but drivers were approaching the crossing with no lights"

Total madness, what is going on on our roads???? Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Wouldnt be at all surprised if a few isolated cells initiated NE of London, late this afternoon, in response to todays high temps and some convergence forecast for that area. Very localised I would've thought but possibly thundery in nature, something to keep an eye on.

Posted Image

Tom.