Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion 06Z, 13 Sep. 2013 ---->

Methuselah

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Where did I say that Tamara Road's views were biased, in fact I believe it was the opposite. 

I can appreciate some might say they're only outlining what the models are currently showing but it's blatantly obvious their views are not unbiased unlike Tamara Road.

I think you made a rather unfortunate typo Posted Image

To address your point, whilst you might be sceptical about the output I will say there has been a definite shift in the output over the past 12/24 hours to a more settled output over the UK. The GFS and UKMO are showing signs of anticyclonic weather taking hold at the end of the week with the potential linking of the Azores and Russian anticyclones resulting in a large block to the east. The ECM is different but still suggests 4 consecutive dry and fine days for most of the UK. Bear in mind that only a day or so back there was strong evidence for an endless train of low pressure systems hitting the UK with no dry weather modelled whatsoever. Things have moved considerably over the last 48 hours. I think we haven't seen the last of it either. As I stated last night, I think the models gravely underestimated the impact of tropical storm Humberto and any increasing effects of this storm only result in one outcome which is what is currently developing in the model out.

Edited by Captain shortwave
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers
Posted (edited) · Hidden by Osbourne One-Nil, September 15, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Osbourne One-Nil, September 15, 2013 - No reason given

Where did I say that Tamara Road's views were biased, in fact I believe it was the opposite. 

Its the bit I've highlighted in Red which makes it look that way

I can appreciate some might say they're only outlining what the models are currently showing but it's blatantly obvious their views are not unbiased unlike Tamara Road

That makes it sound like Tamara's views are biased It may be the way you've worded it

Maybe this would have helped it's blatantly obvious their views are biased unlike Tamara Road

If what I've put in blue is what you meant I offer my apologies to you. It looks like an unfortunate typo error by the looks of it

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 2
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish Plumes, Blizzards, Severe Frosts :-)

Awesome charts this morning for those of  us (the majority) who love warmth and high pressure, growing support now for a warm and sunny spell once the current muck has gone.Posted Image

Edited by Frosty.
  • Like 4

Posted
Posted · Hidden by Osbourne One-Nil, September 15, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Osbourne One-Nil, September 15, 2013 - No reason given

Its the bit I've highlighted in Red which makes it look that way

I can appreciate some might say they're only outlining what the models are currently showing but it's blatantly obvious their views are not unbiased unlike Tamara Road

That makes it sound like Tamara's views are biased It may be the way you've worded it

Maybe this would have helped it's blatantly obvious their views are biased unlike Tamara Road

If what I've put in blue is what you meant I offer my apologies to you. It looks like an unfortunate typo error by the looks of it

we can all look back at how we worded something SS but the fact that Tamara 'liked it' suggests that the wording was okay with her.

why not simply concentrate, and this applies to others at times as well, on putting your own view forward and stop having a dig at how someone else summarises the models?

• Like 1
Posted

welcome to Net Wx, you have already discovered that some folk can be quite touchy. Best you try and follow my suggestion in my post about simply stating how you see the weather. I know at times that is not easy when you read some of the digs we get one here in spite of the admin and mods trying their best to keep this sort of thing off the forum. Just use the report button if you feel someone is having a go.

• Like 1

Posted

Quiet in here so far today, seems some may have accepted that the coming ice age has been delayed until the colder part of the year!

Indeed, it looks like BBQ weather is going to make a comeback, balmy warm continental breezes, who wants frigid nely winds and cold rain in september?Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted

GFS ens showing +10 uppers making a return later this week for a time

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

After this the uppers drop off but they never get below +5c for the bulk of England and Wales so in any sunshine it would continue to feel very pleasant maybe even warm at times in the south east

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

I have to admit I'm finding the effects of a tropical storm on the output to be very fascinating. Many wise heads on here have suggested that the weather patterns can be greatly effected by systems like Humberto, we could be witnessing it over the coming week or so. If the ECM backs the GFS/UKMO output this evening it would cap off a rather astonishing turnaround from full scale cool and unsettled weather to a dry and warm outlook for many.

• Like 3

Posted

Looking quite encouraging for at least one more spurt of warmth then - will we see a 24 or even 25C? Before Autumn proper takes control.

Pretty wretched out today, must admit to have put my Autumn hat on now and waved adios to Summer 2013! Forward not back Posted Image

I certainly wouldn't rule out those temps given the right conditions they can still be hit easily in the south for another 3 weeks or so yet

• Like 4

Posted
  • Location: Formerly Walworth, SE17 ; Swansea SA1 since Dec 2008
  • Location: Formerly Walworth, SE17 ; Swansea SA1 since Dec 2008

My moods can be dangerously dependent on the model output at times like this, but my current mood has cautiously taken a turn for the better.

Chances of a washout/mudbath mini festival for my friends and I in rural Lincolnshire, next extended weekend (noon Thurs to Mon morning) now seem significantly diminished, yay!. May even be able to sit outside the beer tent judging by some of the charts posted yesterday and today ... Posted Image

But of course I'll have to continue to monitor between now and Weds, being a tad addicted like that. Please don't reverse yourselves, models!

Edited by William of Walworth
  • Like 3

Posted

If you love high pressure and warm sunshine, you will really love what the Gfs 06z operational run shows today, if not, pass this run and wait for the 12z, there is huge support now for a strong build of the azores high into the uk with warmer and warmer air, potentially very warm air for a few days before this run eventually shows a shallow trough drifting into the uk in lala land, another late burst of summery autumn weather is heading our way by the end of the week ahead if the ens mean and op runs are anything to go by.Posted Image

post-4783-0-31945400-1379247403_thumb.pn

post-4783-0-67269900-1379247406_thumb.pn

post-4783-0-11798600-1379247413_thumb.pn

post-4783-0-78040600-1379247419_thumb.pn

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

If you love high pressure and warm sunshine, you will really love what the Gfs 06z operational run shows today, if not, pass this run and wait for the 12z, there is huge support now for a strong build of the azores high into the uk with warmer and warmer air, potentially very warm air for a few days before this run eventually shows a shallow trough drifting into the uk in lala land, another late burst of summery autumn weather is heading our way by the end of the week ahead if the ens mean and op runs are anything to go by.Posted Image

I think that quite a few , including myself, will wholly welcome some pleasant quiet and warm weather before the days draw right outPosted Image Its more a case of trying to realistically assess the extent and longevity of any fine spell more than anything. Its interesting that the GFS wants to develop a large and very extensive mid latitude ridge, but this looks, atm, like an exaggerated suggestion based on over gilding the strength and durability of ridging occuring in tandem with Humberto more than anything, at least at this time.

Much depends, as suggested just now, on how the current pressure profile sustains itself, if it does so, but at least at this moment in time the foresseable outlook suggests that mostly Southern UK will benefit from any more settled interludes of weather

Its not just Humberto, but also any future ex-tropical developments that can, and might interrupt the weather patterns. As JH has said in as many words fairly recently, these cannot always be foreseen, but can be enough to change underlying patterns and trends for a time at least.

Edited by Tamara Road
  • Like 7

Posted

weatherman said it will be T-shirt weather after the week ahead, warming up in the south by friday, close to 70F...then becoming even warmer, this is what the models are showing so it must be true.Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Excellent summary SWWPosted Image My own post up the page tenuously alluded to implications for future PV activity in terms of the current suggested height anomalies and potential longer term feedbacks if they are sustained, but left it at that for the correct related threadPosted Image

• Like 2

Posted

Very interesting bbc forecast, perhaps we will see the ECM shift this evening.

By the way about the GEM output, not sure about that, but if it did verify northern Ireland and Western Scotland would be in big trouble

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

The GEFS 06z mean continues the warmer anticyclonic trend from friday onwards with temps rising well into the 70's F by the start of the following week, the high then holding across the south with the north of the uk eventually trending more towards atlantic weather but looking further ahead, the pressure pattern looks very slack with high pressure to the southeast and a very sluggish atlantic with the PFJ well away to the northwest.

post-4783-0-67642800-1379249620_thumb.pn

post-4783-0-14816400-1379249626_thumb.pn

post-4783-0-27486800-1379249632_thumb.pn

post-4783-0-69879100-1379249637_thumb.pn

post-4783-0-31036800-1379249644_thumb.pn

post-4783-0-70124800-1379249651_thumb.pn

post-4783-0-12504100-1379249661_thumb.pn

post-4783-0-10483200-1379249670_thumb.pn

post-4783-0-08918900-1379249677_thumb.pn

post-4783-0-17021600-1379249685_thumb.pn

post-4783-0-99973100-1379249695_thumb.pn

Edited by Frosty.
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, Severe Gales, Hot & Sunny or Cold & Sunny!

Quiet in here so far today, seems some may have accepted that the coming ice age has been delayed until the colder part of the year!

Is it not always quiet on here between April and September? Edited by Mr Frost

Posted

Is it not always quiet on here between April and September?

no it's been busier this year, some of us like the weather all year round.Posted Image

• Like 8

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

A look at the ECWMF shows nothing substantial. Below average until Thursday, 2 above average days then variable average to below average. South east looks best.

• Like 1

Posted

The met office must have some confidence in it turning warmer next week other they wouldn't let Chris say Don't throw your t-shirts away yet there are signs it could turn warmer next week

By Friday it will be warmer for all with 20c in the London area

So a week of 2 half's windy and wet till Tuesday steady improvements from Wednesday once the wind falls light

Edited by Summer Sun
  • Like 7

Posted

Very interesting bbc forecast, perhaps we will see the ECM shift this evening.

By the way about the GEM output, not sure about that, but if it did verify northern Ireland and Western Scotland would be in big trouble

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Thankfully that's at +186 hrs although it does highlight the uncertainty that Humberto

is causing in the model output.

• Like 1

Posted

A look at the ECWMF shows nothing substantial. Below average until Thursday, 2 above average days then variable average to below average. South east looks best.

The overall model consensus is pointing to a very decent spell of warm settled weather by next weekend, indeed, by friday, the azores high will have built north through the uk and most areas look dry and sunnier with temps close to 21c in the south, then warming up even more through next weekend into the first half of the following week with temps well into the 70's F, superb for late september and untold riches after those dismal and wrong ecm op runs recently showing 10 consecutive days of very cool unsettled weather with persistent NEly winds. So it could become very warm for the time of year with winds sourced from southern europe and temps into the mid 20's celsius.

Edited by Frosty.
  • Like 5