Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - Autumn 2013

lorenzo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: well it depends.. just not haar!

Have to say that wind yesterday was the cauldest I can remember for years.  All the papers blew off the computer desk in the back (north facing) bedroom and thats with double glazing tight shut! We had to wear arctic survival gear just to make the tea..Posted Image  and it's not much better this morning.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Morning. As Mistyqueen above said it's quite dreary here too. 2.1c after an overnight of 1.7c. It was windy here but nothing like you guys got. Highest gust was 39.1mph and only a slight breeze now. Model output seems quite dreary too by all accounts. Europe cooling down though but let's hope that the cold doesn't get stuck out there for too long. It's never going to be mild here for sometime yet but not cold enough either for the cold to become embedded.  Still, we all know how quickly things can change. USA looks as if it's going into the freezer!

Agree that BUS has done a great job. An awful lot of work put into that. Those 1947 charts were just amazing. Every conceivable high you can think of was in that mix. I doubt we will ever see the likes again.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

Cool start to the day here with 2C at 8am. Wind has died down but we're still catching the odd light shower of cold rain. Couldn't see Bennachie this morning as it was shrouded in cloud but I'd bet all the snow on that has gone too now. Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Was snawin up soutra this morning. Light but enough to give a touch of cover, particularly in shaded aspects.

Even had a wee graupel shower as I got out of the car at work (Riccarton, near Ed. Airport).

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Funnily enough, it has been flurrying away here for the last half hour or so. Very small flakes though.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow/cold in winter, hot and sunny in summer

Funnily enough, it has been flurrying away here for the last half hour or so. Very small flakes though.

I was surprised when I looked out my window a few moments ago and saw the grains flurrying in the wind. Feels really cold this morning too!
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Wee flurries of sleet in Edinburgh today. I was away in Dumfries early week and there was an inch of snow on the higher routes coming back.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

thanks for the kind comments about the videos Posted Image its a lot of copying and pasting and stuff but Its giving me something to do just now after getting hyped up with the model output and having nothing to look at Posted Image

will be a couple more along today and the next few days aswell.

I am doing all the ones just now that contain -ve CET months plus a few memorable ones without -ve CET months and I will be doing ones going further back than 47.

Edited by Buriedundersnow

Posted

Posted

Had cloud earlier but it's mostly clearing. Looks like it going to be pretty cold tonight!

• Like 1

Posted

Lovely sunny winter's day. The maximum still hasn't managed to stay below 5C at the airport, instead a maximum of 6C briefly in the sunshine - maybe a better chance tomorrow. Certainly the sky has look of a very cold night ahead - I wouldn't be surprised if the temperature drops to -5C for the first time since April.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: A foggy and frosty morning with newly fallen pristine snow - Paradise!

Maximum today +5.1C at 14.02. Currently 0.0C/-2.4C - gonna be a fuar night a'right.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Cold out today. (At least, I think it is, cos the windows are running - just have been glued to my assembly of laptops, tablets and a desktop, trying to synch settings, passwords, etc.  Anyone else have days like this? Godawful boring bloody crap, stopping me... going out & freezing me nuts arff.)  Sheesh, rant over.Posted Image

Edited by Hairy Celt

Posted

may have missed summat here but it just says 'this video is private'... what are you trying to show us, bus?Posted Image

try again I forgot to change the settings on youtube

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, warm spring, hot summers - nae chance in Scottie though!

Great looking through all these charts BUS.

Not feeling quite so cold today although it was at freezing point at 5.30 on my way home.

Just waiting and watching to see any potential change, just have a feeling something good is on its way early Dec. Posted Image keep watching folks..................

Edited by snowy owl
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

Is it just me or has the troll situation reached new heights this year on the model threads etc? Half the posts are so deliberately skewed to irritate folk or score points that I can barely venture into some parts of this forum now.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

unfortunately the modern scourge of trying to provoke a reaction and being confrontational in social networking appears to have infiltrated what should be an informative read......I love twitter but some of the trolling that goes on is quite incredible there but never thought would see it on a weather site..... over on two the model thread tends to be far less personal although the odd spat does happen.

0c in dundee and -4 when i got home to Luncarty........ gonna be a frosty night

can you not see who is online anymore on the forum or is it just my browser?

• Like 1

Posted

they turned it off when it was getting busy and haven't put it back on yet.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

unfortunately the modern scourge of trying to provoke a reaction and being confrontational in social networking appears to have infiltrated what should be an informative read......I love twitter but some of the trolling that goes on is quite incredible there but never thought would see it on a weather site..... over on two the model thread tends to be far less personal although the odd spat does happen.

0c in dundee and -4 when i got home to Luncarty........ gonna be a frosty night

Sometimes when the forum's really busy, some features are turned off, including the list of people online at that point. I didn't think it had been that 'busy' recently but had noticed this was absent.  Also, 'trolling', or baiting, heavy sarcasm or even just plain bullying have become part of mainstream internet activity. This particular corner is refreshingly free of horribleness.

• Like 3