Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 28/10/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted

I can only assume it is someones New Year / wedding / birthday / religous festival around these parts. After a brief lull the booming fireworks started up again at precisely midnight and are still going on now, despite the non stop rain. Either that or we are at war and the BBC are keeping it from us for the time being.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

I can only assume it is someones New Year / wedding / birthday / religous festival around these parts. After a brief lull the booming fireworks started up again at precisely midnight and are still going on now, despite the non stop rain. Either that or we are at war and the BBC are keeping it from us for the time being.

I think anyone who sets of fireworks after about 10 pm is very rude, children have school in the morning, and adults have work.

Posted

I think anyone who sets of fireworks after about 10 pm is very rude, children have school in the morning, and adults have work.

I would call it worse than rude to be honest alexisj, it's downright anti-social. Unfortunately it's something that happens quite frequently around here.

The radar seems to be confirming a pivot as the Low heads east, expecting more heavy rain here in a while as a result.

Posted

MetO have updated their warning for the SE at 02:24 hrs, but this is quite late as the ppn started pivoting at 00:25 hrs.

Time for bed. Peace & blessings to all.

Updated MetO Warning as of 02:47 hrs.....

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?regionName=se&from=rss&sn=2E1B3A56-AC87-FF2B-9448-0DD8E6496118_9_SE&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1383523200

• Like 1

Posted

I am a frequent defender of the Met Office on this and other websites but issuing an updated warning at 02:24 hours seems a bit pointless. Apart from me and one or two other insomniacs who on earth is going to see it ? Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Humid Continental Climate (Dfa / Dfb)

Morning all, work awaits me but having a quick scroll through some websites drew this to my attention:What would happen if all the ice melted in the world!http://ngm.nationalgeographic.com/2013/09/rising-seas/if-ice-melted-mapThe sea would raise 216ft, im 225ft ASL now so that would put me roughly 9 feet above sea level, Not sure if my house would survive as 9ft isn't that high depending upon how high, high tides go etc. 

Edited by Mesoscale
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

My house would be totally submerged (south side of IOW)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, blue sky summers, misty,frosty autumns!

Morning everyone.

Still raining in East Sussex! Temp is 6.4 and the heating has kicked in. We have a lot of standing water on our patio from the heavy rain overnight. Am beginning to wonder if this rain is ever going to stop!

Have a good day whatever you are doing - back to school this week for youngest son - he is not happy!

• Like 1

Guest bjaykent

Morning everyone.

Still raining in East Sussex! Temp is 6.4 and the heating has kicked in. We have a lot of standing water on our patio from the heavy rain overnight. Am beginning to wonder if this rain is ever going to stop!

Have a good day whatever you are doing - back to school this week for youngest son - he is not happy!

Hi Atlantis, appropriate name this morning! Very wet all night here too, never got out of the rain zone as the low pressure started to tilt back southwards last night. My journey from the East of Gravesend to Meopham earlier included flooding in places I wouldn't normally expect, presumably due to blocked drains. so take care if you are out on the roads in the next hour or so.Posted Image 

Posted

Heavy rain overnight, but at present its appears to slowing down and a slight brightness appearing, let's hopes its stops, as I got to go halfway around the M25 and back again today. It's not nice doing that drive with the windscreen wipers on intermittent.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning everyone, hope everyone is ok on this readily improving morning Posted Image

Time to start a week long customer service course in Norwich which will be fun (perhaps), still it's something to stick on my cv.

• Like 1

Posted

Morning everyone.Still raining in East Sussex! 

Morning!

21.8mm of rain in Eastbourne in the last 24 hours and plenty of localised flooding through the rest of the county too.

I've discovered the knack of toasting marshmallows on a chiminea in 35/40mph gusty winds at the weekend and I still have my eyebrows...

Guest bjaykent

Morning everyone, hope everyone is ok on this readily improving morning Posted Image

Time to start a week long customer service course in Norwich which will be fun (perhaps), still it's something to stick on my cv.

Good luck! You'll be qualified to moderate the model thread by this time next weekPosted Image

• Like 2

Posted

I would call it worse than rude to be honest alexisj, it's downright anti-social. Unfortunately it's something that happens quite frequently around here. The radar seems to be confirming a pivot as the Low heads east, expecting more heavy rain here in a while as a result.

I would call it worse than rude to be honest alexisj, it's downright anti-social. Unfortunately it's something that happens quite frequently around here. The radar seems to be confirming a pivot as the Low heads east, expecting more heavy rain here in a while as a result.

I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned that it's illegal to discharge fireworks between hours of 11pm & 7am except on certain specified days when it's permitted until 1.00am. November 5 is one of those days. There are two applicable Acts of Parliament.Weather today just breezy here , temperature 6 celcius.

Posted

The low is almost gone but the wind is almost the strongest it's been all night, apart from when we were getting 57mph gusts. Confused lol.

Posted

I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned that it's illegal to discharge fireworks between hours of 11pm & 7am except on certain specified days when it's permitted until 1.00am. November 5 is one of those days. There are two applicable Acts of Parliament.Weather today just breezy here , temperature 6 celcius.

I didn't know that, you learn something new every day. Makes sense though, anyone thinking of others wouldn't dream of setting them off at that time. I'm guessing the other day is New years eve.

Guest bjaykent

The low is almost gone but the wind is almost the strongest it's been all night, apart from when we were getting 57mph gusts. Confused lol.

Hi, I think it is because the low is moving away into Europe and the isobars are slightly tigher as the north/north east wind kicks in behind itPosted Image

post-16390-0-18419000-1383555372_thumb.g

post-16390-0-25608500-1383555379_thumb.g

post-16390-0-68996100-1383555384_thumb.g

Edited by bjaykent
  • Like 1

Posted

A beautiful drop of sunshine now creeping in and warming the office nicely. Better make the most of it as it seems like the rest of the week will be rain on and off most days. We might just escape it tomorrow night, which would be handy for any organised displays such as Lewes Bonfire night (the fields will be soaked and boggy though):

Posted Image

Posted

My house would be totally submerged (south side of IOW)

As would mine,  but I think we probably need to worry more about what would happen if a glacier formed.....

Good luck! You'll be qualified to moderate the model thread by this time next weekPosted Image

He's need a 6 month long course to be able to mod the Model thread

Guest bjaykent

A beautiful drop of sunshine now creeping in and warming the office nicely. Better make the most of it as it seems like the rest of the week will be rain on and off most days. We might just escape it tomorrow night, which would be handy for any organised displays such as Lewes Bonfire night (the fields will be soaked and boggy though):

Posted Image

Hi Robin,

Pretty depressing when you can only find a dry slot Tuesday evening and maybe Thursday evening for the whole week. Pretty ugly mid week chart with that front straddling the country.

Make the most of the sunshine now I guess!

Ian

post-16390-0-04954600-1383560508_thumb.g

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/surface-pressure/#?tab=surfacePressureColour&fcTime=1383696000

• Like 1

Posted

Hi Robin,

Pretty depressing when you can only find a dry slot Tuesday evening and maybe Thursday evening for the whole week. Pretty ugly mid week chart with that front straddling the country.

Make the most of the sunshine now I guess!

Ian

Posted Image9810432 ugly.gif

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/surface-pressure/#?tab=surfacePressureColour&fcTime=1383696000

Looks like another week mostly wet. 528 dam seems to be taking residence in or just over Scotland, may be winter will come soon.

Posted

Hi Robin,

Hi Ian,

I did scroll through the next few days on a number of different models etc and couldn't find much to commend the weeks weather to anyone looking for a longer dry spell. I'm not sure if I'm liking the fact we haven't got into a real colder period or not, as I'm sure we should be getting into some signs of an early morning frost through the region by now?

Hey ho, the weather will do what it wants of course, I just need to get my head around the fact that the white stuff is still way off somewhere in FI or maybe even another country!

Guest bjaykent

Nothing very interesting showing at the moment with just a gradual cooling of temps, perhaps not quite as unsettled next week which would be good and as Alexis says something at little more seasonal for the north at times. I have got to that point of the year where I look at GFS 16 day chart first, which is a little sad.

Anyway give it time and I'm sure something will start to appear more consistently in FI and when we finally gets some cold from the north-east or east I'm sure Alexis will be the first to know about it in Dover!, Posted Image

Posted

I'm not sure if I'm liking the fact we haven't got into a real colder period or not, as I'm sure we should be getting into some signs of an early morning frost through the region by now?

Hey ho, the weather will do what it wants of course, I just need to get my head around the fact that the white stuff is still way off somewhere in FI or maybe even another country!

Very true, it will do what it wants, but to me it now feels as though it is Autumn and to me a lack of cold at this time of year makes me feel (quite irrationally) that we may get more intense cold later.

I remember frosts in September that then gave us horrible mild winters.