Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 28/10/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Still very gusty here, but doesn't seem as strong as an hour or so ago. Still seeing a few flashes, and hearing the odd bang. I have a new worry now... I've just been greeted with a nest of false widows in our porch. I've cleared out what I can, but I still feel ichy and uncomfortable. I'm not looking forward to going to bed now.....looks like a full search of all the beds now😞

We've had problems with these too, noticed them in the summer living in my window frames. My hubby killed two, but I've seen quite a few in our car park. :/
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

We've had problems with these too, noticed them in the summer living in my window frames. My hubby killed two, but I've seen quite a few in our car park. :/

had them all over my garden all summer, one got in to our kitchen a couple of weeks back, hubby sorted it out. He got bit by one before we moved here from croydon, it was in his shirt when he put it on. No big prob with the bite though. Just a big red infected blob on his arm for about 5-6 weeks. Would have got better quicker if he went to the docs for antibiotics I think.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Wind easing now. Had gust of 47mph earlier. It's a chilly 7.6c outside now under clear skies. Goodnight

Posted

had a few strong gusts earlier around 40 mph

still maybe a bit gusty for the next hour or 2 but thankfully nowt bad

gfs 18z ensembles

Posted Image

a bucket load of rain showing on here

typical autumn with these some warmer bits some colder bits

some good ensembles in fi at present

heres my ramp tonight

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• Like 3

Posted

A friend in Kendal suffered a tornado this afternoon. Done a lot of damage too it seems. Posted Image

I hope you don't mind but I mentioned this over on the UKww website and as a result they are hoping to investigate it, but have put out a RFMI ( request for more information ). I have copied and pasted your friends report as it might be useful to their sight investigations.

They would need more details on the location though if that is at all possible. Cheers. BB54

Here is a link to their request:

http://www.ukweatherworld.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/100247-20131102-rfmi-tornado-near-kendall/

Edited by Bluebreezer54

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon

Still very gusty here, but doesn't seem as strong as an hour or so ago. Still seeing a few flashes, and hearing the odd bang. I have a new worry now... I've just been greeted with a nest of false widows in our porch. I've cleared out what I can, but I still feel ichy and uncomfortable. I'm not looking forward to going to bed now.....looks like a full search of all the beds now

. Get some chestnuts ASAP ,spiders hate em ! Hope u manage not to think about it to much tonight & get some sleep !
  • Like 1

Posted

had them all over my garden all summer, one got in to our kitchen a couple of weeks back, hubby sorted it out. He got bit by one before we moved here from croydon, it was in his shirt when he put it on. No big prob with the bite though. Just a big red infected blob on his arm for about 5-6 weeks. Would have got better quicker if he went to the docs for antibiotics I think.

This is a weather forum not a bloody spider forum......STOP IT!!! You're making me itch and i'll be having nightmares now. ;-)

Posted

Morning all, hope you are all fit and well.

A breezy bright and lovely morning, today's adventure is a trip to bluewater, can't wait, we should be there when the doors open and if I get my way by home by 11:15. Only got to get 1 Xmas present for 1 of the grandchildren.

I am really enjoying having grandchildren, especially the spoiling and getting them overexcited just prior to handing them back to my kids :-) its my revenge for all the time my kids where naughty, argumentative and didn't do what they where asked. Its funny how things repeat themselves from one generation to the next, with our kids its the finger wagging and discussion in the car, prior to entering the nanny's house all about how to behave at dinner etc, and I am proud to say just like their parents at their age they totally ignore everything they are warned not to do or touch :-).

As they say revenge is a dish served cold, and our grand kids are expert at it, although just sometime granddad does assist them, as well not always do they get in quiet right as they are only 2, 3 and 6 and I find with a little push in the right directions you can get the correct result, do you think this attitude of mine is the real reason that my kids have taught their kids to call me naughty grandad :-)

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy winters

Morning all, hope you are all fit and well.A breezy bright and lovely morning, today's adventure is a trip to bluewater, can't wait, we should be there when the doors open and if I get my way by home by 11:15. Only got to get 1 Xmas present for 1 of the grandchildren.I am really enjoying having grandchildren, especially the spoiling and getting them overexcited just prior to handing them back to my kids :-) its my revenge for all the time my kids where naughty, argumentative and didn't do what they where asked. Its funny how things repeat themselves from one generation to the next, with our kids its the finger wagging and discussion in the car, prior to entering the nanny's house all about how to behave at dinner etc, and I am proud to say just like their parents at their age they totally ignore everything they are warned not to do or touch :-).As they say revenge is a dish served cold, and our grand kids are expert at it, although just sometime granddad does assist them.

Lol. Great post and very true!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Morning all - a bright start to the day here. Current temp 8c, but feels a lot colder than that in the fresh wind.

Posted

I am really enjoying having grandchildren, especially the spoiling and getting them overexcited just prior to handing them back to my kids :-) i

As they say revenge is a dish served cold, and our grand kids are expert at it, although just sometime granddad does assist them.

That only works when they don't live with you.....

My granddaughter (at 7) knows exactly which buttons to press to wind her mum up, she's a great little kid, full of fun, very inventive with just the right amount of mischief.  Posted Image

Posted

I hope you don't mind but I mentioned this over on the UKww website and as a result they are hoping to investigate it, but have put out a RFMI ( request for more information ). I have copied and pasted your friends report as it might be useful to their sight investigations.

They would need more details on the location though if that is at all possible. Cheers. BB54

Here is a link to their request:

http://www.ukweatherworld.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/100247-20131102-rfmi-tornado-near-kendall/

BB, I'd have to give out an exact address to pinpoint it, and I don't know if my friend would like that.  I've just emailed her to ask if okay. Posted Image

It's okay.  They are 6 miles out of Kendal at Crosslands Farm. LA8 0HT.  There are no reports of damage elsewhere so they suspect it hit the ground right where they are.

Edited by chilly milly

Posted

That only works when they don't live with you.....

My granddaughter (at 7) knows exactly which buttons to press to wind her mum up, she's a great little kid, full of fun, very inventive with just the right amount of mischief.  Posted Image

To right NorthNorfolkWeather, much as we love our grand kids and have fun etc with them, its is the thought of handing the back that gets me through the day.

Sunny with a few whispy clouds.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Morning all! A sunny start here and wind has dropped down to 12mph Westerly. Cool 6.5c outside however. Off to work. Have a nice sunday!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning everyone

Time for Christmas CFS update, the 12z run recorded yesterday

Rating

Precipitation - -3 (Bone dry, anticyclonic throughout)

Temperature - -1.5 (Chilly, becoming colder as the continental south easterly kicks in)

No white Christmas, but probably some frosts and the chance of some sunny spells throughout.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Large Sceuro high holds throughout the Christmas period, so dry sums it up really.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all - very bright and breezy here, we haven't ventured out yet but a hangover walk is on the cards !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Nice morning here so far, sunny and breezy, temp currently 9C. Have a great day y'all!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

And of course its subject to change! Lol.......

All a bit of fun, but it will be interesting to see if any trend sets up for the big day, will be doing this everyday until about mid-December when of of the regular models start to hone in on Christmas

Posted

Morning all - very bright and breezy here, we haven't ventured out yet but a hangover walk is on the cards !

morning all

i know about the hangover i think a walk would do me sum good,its nice out there breezey and sunny,cool but nice

Posted

Beautiful blue sky and sunshine morning here in Surbiton, looks like a good breeze is going on next door's eucalyptus tree. Off for a walk along the river into Kingston in hunt of a decent brunch, but failing that a cup of coffee will do. Feels nice and autumnal.

Had fun with my son a few nights ago finding patches (and I mean small patches) of leaves to record footstep crunching sounds for his Halloween animation on Youtube (finally got it up at 10 past midnight Halloween eve). We were lucky on Wednesday night it was sufficiently dry for the leaves to crunch underfoot albeit there weren't that many of them; still feels as if the trees in leaf for autumn thing is either very slow or passing us by completely this year.

Have a lovely autumnal day everyone.

PS Chilly Milly that is fascinating stuff about your friend's tornado, although a very difficult situation for them to be in, we are all thinking of them.

Edited by Reefseeker

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Morning all

A cooler and fresher feeling day here, certainly noticed it when I emerged from under the duvet (yes I finally got my lie in), not been out yet, but it looks bright and breezy out, was 7.6oC a hour ago, now reached 9.6oC.

Think I will take a walk to the next village this afternoon via the park which hosted the public firework display last night (which I watched from the comfort of the spare room as it was wet and windy, glad I was not waiting outside as the display seemed to take ages to finally start).

All those out for recovery walks enjoy :)

Posted

Just out from the met office,

coasts. 
ohttp://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&regionName=se

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&regionName=se

Edited by dallas