Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 28/10/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

And it's started and now one of the moderators is joining in.

Yes, a blast from the past, so I see too...Posted Image Posted Image

A slight shower here, but still some blue sky aroundPosted Image

Edited by Tamara תָּמָר
  • Like 1

Posted

Surrey I wouldn't bother with the storm thread mate, pretty soon you'll get the north/south divide debate. If people actually read the warnings and what the matrix says they would see that the met again have done pretty well.

yes we knew 1 day in advance via the met.  I have the november forecast on pdf from piers morgan, got it 6 weeks ago and this weather is right on target, just as he said

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Crumbs, I really don't envy South Wales ATM, looks pretty blowy!!

We've postponed our whizz bangs until next weekend, although it's totally okay at the moment, We're a bit exposed here and I'm mentally scarred from the firework safety ads of the 80's. Spose they did the trick!

• Like 2

Posted

Are winds forecasted to be high in Ipswich?, I notice Suffolk isn't included on the warning mentioned above? But checking everywhere else says we are likely to get them?

At this stage I would ignore the charts and check the Met O from my experience they are usually pretty accurate and they update quite frequently

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Are winds forecasted to be high in Ipswich?, I notice Suffolk isn't included on the warning mentioned above? But checking everywhere else says we are likely to get them?

This is good for checking current gusts :)http://www.xcweather.co.uk

Posted

Is Ab Spur on his way back from Pembrokeshire today?  If so I hope he has a safe journey.

Thanks Chilly, that's very kind of you, we left at 8am and were home before 1, saw the forecast and headed off as early as we could!

Oddly we arrived in Pembrokeshire last weekend and dodged the storm in England and have now arrived back in the South East and dodged the storm in Wales....

AS

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Clear blue sky here. Chilly.

So are we out of the woods for any bad weather this weekend?

Posted

Wind picking up now proper can here it down the chimney remember not due to peek here till about 8-10 now.. 40-50mph inland up to 60mph on the coast

Ooh does that mean we can join in on the Met O bashing on the storm thread.

Posted

Evening All,

Well I chose the worst 2 days to have off during half term week - rained for most of Thursday and yesterday Mr Raven was in bed sick all day.  Coupled with a soon to be moody teenager, I was set to escape back to work yesterday afternoon!

We were going to go to our local fireworks display this evening at Danson Park, but don't really fancy standing in gale force winds and possible torrential downpours later (especially as I had a date with the hairdresser earlier this afternoon!)  So we've bought some sparklers and will watch everyone elses fireworks tonight instead!

Have a good one tonight whatever you are all doing Posted Image   

• Like 1

Posted

Hi John, can you tell me whereabouts on wetterzentrale you find those ensemble charts........cheers

Hi John, can you tell me whereabouts on wetterzentrale you find those ensemble charts........cheers

hi dallas

http://www.null/two/ensembles/

these are good Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Wind picking up now proper can here it down the chimney remember not due to peek here till about 8-10 now.. 40-50mph inland up to 60mph on the coast

Yep picking up here too. Our chimney is sounding good. Local fireworks should be only just starting around 7-7:30pm so may miss the worst gusts Posted Image

Edited by Storme

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

does indeed but I am more concerned about this..

Posted Image

Balls!

Looks like last week over again, I hope not.

Posted

http://www.xcweather.co.uk/

looking at the pressure maps

our strongerst winds will probably be around 11pm-1am

note the tight kink in the isobars over the tip of cornwall

that is moving slowly east

may see a 60-70 mph gust to the south of the region

the rest as said earlier between 40-50 mph poss a tad higher

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Been very windy here in Hull with several torrential showers, the weather in this part of the country is bloody dire lol. 

Posted

Evening all, I trust everyone is good. You timed that journey home perfectly AS, were the Severn Bridges still open at that time ?

It's been a a gusty few hours here but nothing like the winds down in South Wales thankfully. Given that winds locally are gusting 30-35mph I am suprised that firework displays are still going ahead and suspect the fireworks I've been hearing ever since it got dark this evening are probably private affairs. It strikes me as potentially dangerous to launch an explosive device into the air not having a clue where the strong winds will take it, and in a built up area too.

Anyway enough of my moaning, I actually really enjoy a good firework display so if you are going to one tonight do enjoy, and stay safe. Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

Hello everyone

it's been quite windy here today, and more so in last half hour or so.

What time should I expect peak wind speeds?

Hardly any fireworks out there compared with normal, guess most can't be bothered with the wind and rain today.

Is there any sign of cold coming yet on the models?