Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 28/10/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Great fireworks tonight.  I set the last one off around 7pm, and as soon as it had finished it started to rain.  Great timing even if I do say so myself Posted Image

So since around 7 it has been raining, and getting slightly heavier now.  The last BBC forecast I saw (quite a few hours ago) has the main band to hit our region around 11pm ish? Is this still the case?

Current temp 9c, and at last that horribly nagging wind has subsided.

Hi LeighD, The ppn band is fast moving, so expect the heavier period within 30 mins +/-

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Evening, my first trek into the CFS updates was a monumental fail, mainly as the charts shown when I was doing it this morning were different to the actual charts, despite stating the same day and time ran for that output Posted Image

So after going through it again, here is the result

Drier than average though with rain pushing south east on the night of Christmas day into Boxing day, only light as it's pushing into heights to our south. Temperatures would be mild.

Temperature - +1

Precipitation - -2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Hi LeighD, The ppn band is fast moving, so expect the heavier period within 30 mins +/-

Thanks Yamkin Posted Image

Posted

Posted Image

tomorrow

a cold north to north east wind

temps

Posted Image

cold around 10 degrees and will feel cooler in the wind

rainfall

Posted Image

should clear most areas by lunchtime

kent area around 2ish

then dry and sunny

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow night

Posted Image

a weak westerly flow

temps

Posted Image

going to be a close call re ground frost here

around 2-5 degrees

rainfall

should stay dry but rainfall en-route for rush hour

Posted Image

---------------------------------------------------------------------

tuesday

Posted Image

a gusty north west wind

temps

Posted Image

around 12-13 degrees

however

rainfall

Posted Image

heavy rain again for most of the day

wont clear until late in the evening

also overnight a gusty north west wind

could be quite cold as well

will not help if you want fireworks on fireworks night

------------------------------------------------------

wednesday

Posted Image

back to a weaker westerly flow

temps

Posted Image

a split here

warmer 12-14 degrees south of london

10-11 degrees north of london

rainfall

Posted Image

wet for all

except the far north of the region who will not see rain until late in the day

overall

changeable but watch for flood warnings to appear more readily

john

• Like 3

Posted

Evening, my first trek into the CFS updates was a monumental fail, mainly as the charts shown when I was doing it this morning were different to the actual charts, despite stating the same day and time ran for that output Posted Image

So after going through it again, here is the result

Drier than average though with rain pushing south east on the night of Christmas day into Boxing day, only light as it's pushing into heights to our south. Temperatures would be mild.

Temperature - +1

Precipitation - -2

Hey, don't beat yourself up about it Captain...  Them CFS charts, are going to change more times than some of us on here will change our underpants  Posted Image

Edited by LeighD
  • Like 1

Posted

Wadhurst, East Sussex. Extremely heavy rain since 8 pm. Wind was gusty this afternoon, now becalmed. Any idea as to potential totals from this rain band. I heard 20mm to 30 mm but not sure if that was for this region?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Hey, don't beat yourself up about it Captain...  Them CFS charts, are going to change more times than some of us on here will change our underpants  Posted Image

I will update every evening from now on to avoid that mistake. The fail is made worse by the fact the actual output is about as bad as you can get, unless things get even more Bartletty Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Posted Image

work that lot out

fi is the 10th in my eyes

very wet

however not seeing warm just seeing average

ecm

Posted Image

huge spread on the 10th

not calling anything after that at present

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow, storms or both at same time..

It's pretty wet out tonight, I've just got home after a bit of a drive and the roads have loads of floods at the moment, seems like all the drains are blocked, leafs i guess.

Edited by kingdeacon

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

wet here too

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

Wow - the rain has been going  in earnest now for the last 45mins.. heavy and steady. I can hear from the passing cars the amount of surface water already on the road outside so I guess I now have a minimum 90minute window before the stream starts to show the effects. If there are breaks in the rain tonight then hopefully the stream "should" cope Posted Image ..and EA has not put us on flood warning ....YET!

Eating late tonight as I won;t be going to bed until the worst has passed. A quick "1hr" roast is about to go into the oven and I'm just popping out to move the car to higher ground....oh, and I have wine Posted Image...and fags Posted Image
(NB - There is nothing worse than being flash-flooded and subsequently marooned for several hours surrounded by floodwater having run out of fags Posted Image ....especially when the general public have gathered on the opposite bank to oggle your situation and are lighting up less than 70yds from your bedroom window across the floodwater Posted Image )

Hoping the forecast 48mph gusts won;t materialise....and the stream will behave given I pulled half a weeping willow out of it on friday!
The piggies are completely unconcerned....happy to be in their new elevated positions inside in nice clean cages and nomming their way through one of  the 4 yellow-stickered celery packs I got today from the local Tescos Express for 15p each Posted Image  .

Toddles off to move the car and check the stream levels.

Celery soup anyone?

xxxx

• Like 7

Posted

Yes.  The rain here too has really stepped up in the last 15 / 20 mins

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

5.5mm of rain in the last hour here, the pressure has dropped down quickly from 1000 to 990 mb, wind is gusting at 20 MPH. Think it might be a long night!

It must be high tide soon I hope your not right on the coast FBP - although there seems to be a flood alert for some inland areas too ....Flood AlertInland areas of Eastbourne13:44 on 03 Nov 2013Location: Areas of Eastbourne at risk from a high tide including areas of Roselands, Willingdon Levels, areas near Shinewater Lake, West Langley Levels and Sovereign Harbour and Langney VillageNo warningsCoastal areas of Eastbourne Sea Front07:52 on 29 Oct 2013Location: Coastal areas of Eastbourne including Marine Parade, Royal Parade, Sovereign Park and the Martello Tower....hope you stay safe and dry and anyone else in the south of our region ! Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

Heavy and persistent rain here now and still more to come by the looks of it. Hope you don't get flooded PiggiePalace, or anyone else for that matter of course. Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Very heavy in Reigate now. And it's raining. Teenagers...... AS

I'd rather it rained cats and dogs - mind you we've already got as many of them as we have teenagers :-)Rain has got much heavier here since the fireworks - thankfully it wasn't this bad earlier or we might have given it a miss !
  • Like 1

Posted

It must be high tide soon I hope your not right on the coast FBP

Fairly near - less than half a mile, High tide is around 10.30 tonight but its a big one - over 7m, had a call from the EA late afternoon to tell us we were on flood alert! Certainly wild out there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Clear and cold in Hull, temps I'm guessing are around 5C.