South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 04/11/13

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

hi jules

have a look at this link

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=winter-history;sess=

the late 70 s were pretty interesting as you said

"1976-77: Heavy wet snow fell in early December, mid December, and mid January. Mid January also saw some good coverings though, up to 6 inches lying at times."

Oh I remember that one. At college in High Wycombe and it hit without warning. Bought the last pair of wellies in a shop and then started to trudge the 9 miles home - we figured if we could get to the top of the hill, we might find a bus or hitch a lift (nothing but nothing was getting up the hill). In the end we had to walk about 3 miles out to Hazlemere and this kind person in a LandRover gave the three of us a lift back home.

But back on planet Suffolk It managed to rain ALL day. And what really gets me and what I don't understand is when it's cold enough for snow, we hardly ever get any precipitation. Why's that?

Edited by Iceni

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Morning all. A cooler 6.7c now. Was 14c before i went to bed. Your ramp charts have updated John, your cold charts have now turned unsettled with mild air and the warm charts a cold set up, Its Fi for a reason  Posted Image Have a good day all!

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all.  Nice to see the temp down to a reasonable 8.7c this morning. I was puzzling over John's charts because even to my novice eye I couldn't see the cold in the first ones. :D  Looking forward to a dry patch today...chance to get the bicycle out. :D

• Like 1

Guest bjaykent

Morning all. A cooler 6.7c now. Was 14c before i went to bed. Your ramp charts have updated John, your cold charts have now turned unsettled with mild air and the warm charts a cold set up, Its Fi for a reason  Posted Image Have a good day all!

Hi Mark, FI charts are a bit of fun, but might just be showing the change in pattern that us coldies seek, ECM showing a bit of interest at 240hrs in heights linking with Greenland this morning, much earlier than GFS which has been hinting at this in the outer reaches of FI for a few days now. May well come to nothing but it's something to watch!Posted Image

post-16390-0-29509600-1383809391_thumb.g

post-16390-0-03722600-1383809399_thumb.g

post-16390-0-33078200-1383809411_thumb.p

post-16390-0-18417000-1383809421_thumb.p

• Like 2

Posted

charts are a bit of fun,

Morning Ian, morning all.

Signs from GFS in the shorter term of a bit of cold even as close as Sunday morning, where some may see a bit of frost if this pans out:

Posted Image

6.0mm of rain overnight, imagine if the temps were down around (or just below) the freezing mark and that 528 dam thickness was over us, now that might bring something many would be pleased to see......

Posted Image

I know, dreaming again! Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Had quite a lot of rain overnight but it was quite mild. Bit overcast now with lots of cloud. Hope it brightens up.....I'm going to view a flat in Ippy this morning. I already feel stressed. :D

Hope you're all well. :)

Edited by Keraunophile
  • Like 1

Posted

Really can't believe how mild it is at the moment last night walking home from my meeting open coat can't believe we are past guy Fawkes and still so mild

Posted

Hi Robin,

1. JP (John Pike) 

2. JH (John Holmes)

3. JM (James Madden) 

Posted Image

A lot of emphasis on the letter J there, where does big Joe Ba5tardi feature?!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Posted Image

January?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Hi All,

Soooo mild out there today. Wheres my winta!!!

Lots of rain overnight, but its shaping up to be a brighter day today. Ive got an MRI tonight in Harley Street....never had one before but im a big boy so im sure i will be fine. Have a nice day all

• Like 1

Posted

Hi All,

Ive got an MRI tonight in Harley Street....never had one before but im a big boy so im sure i will be fine. 

Good luck with that L. Harley Street - you're posh!!

• Like 2

Guest bjaykent

Posted Image

It's the J factor! - J is the new X.

Big Joe is right up there for me, don't know whether he's right or not, but I have a similar cynical view on life and often question what is reported, particularly by politicians who nearly always have their own agendas to follow.

My views are not extreme but it just pays to be a little pragmatic in this modern world. 

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Hi All,

Soooo mild out there today. Wheres my winta!!!

Lots of rain overnight, but its shaping up to be a brighter day today. Ive got an MRI tonight in Harley Street....never had one before but im a big boy so im sure i will be fine. Have a nice day all

I've had a couple, nothing to worry about, you don't feel a thing. Just like having a very long x ray without the radiation. Good luck.

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 1

Posted

Thanks for the wishes you guys.

I must admit im a little anxious about it, but i know they dont hurt so it cant be that bad.

Robin, Thats Mr Posh!! lol. Its all being done through my insurance (from my crash back in Feb)...These guys really work fast eh.

Oh my, the sun is shining through the office window...its the first time ive seen it in ages so what do the plonkers i work with do.....they close the blind!! Come on People i need my vitamin D!!!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon
  • Weather Preferences: proper seasons ! hot sunny summers & cold snowy winters
  • Location: hastings riviera 4 last 10 years .born & bred in croydon

Hi All, Soooo mild out there today. Wheres my winta!!! Lots of rain overnight, but its shaping up to be a brighter day today. Ive got an MRI tonight in Harley Street....never had one before but im a big boy so im sure i will be fine. Have a nice day all

. You will be fine . I've had a few of them & they are just loud like roadworks ! Just think pleasant thoughts
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Hi All, Soooo mild out there today. Wheres my winta!!! Lots of rain overnight, but its shaping up to be a brighter day today. Ive got an MRI tonight in Harley Street....never had one before but im a big boy so im sure i will be fine. Have a nice day all

Hope all goes well, Lloydyd. You're in good hands in Harley Street. :)
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all.  Nice to see the temp down to a reasonable 8.7c this morning. I was puzzling over John's charts because even to my novice eye I couldn't see the cold in the first ones. Posted Image

Yes, I find it pretty amusing when the ramps, or even non ramp postings of expected notable weather, turn into totally non-descript charts on the next update. Posted Image This definitely confused me early on, even to the point where I wondered if people were unable to interpret charts correctly. Posted ImagePosted Image

Morning all. Posted Image

Overhang of cloud here, from the overnight light rain, so bright, rather than sunny. Posted Image

Edited by Steve C
  • Like 1

Posted

Hope all goes well, Lloydyd. You're in good hands in Harley Street. Posted Image

Yay I was your 2000th post....congrats x

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all - a much nicer day here today so we've struck it lucky with the day off yet again, not that it will matter later when we go to see Gravity at the cinema - mr P has booked us D-box seats for a 3D screening so it should be out if this world!

Best wishes to Lloyd for your scan and hope the flat viewing goes well Grace - I'll catch up with you all later when I've come back down to earth :-)

• Like 2

Posted

A wet start earlier which has been replaced by ever brightening skies. Few chinks of sunlight breaking through now. A mild 11C.

Edited by Kent Snow
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

The poxy shield of cloud is still here; in fact it looks thicker than it did first thing this morning. :(