Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 04/11/13

Snowangel-MK

Anyone want to but some fireworks!!!

They were all too busy watching TV and there was me ready to go outside with me five layers of clothes on to let off me 'one bang' rating Sainsbury's fireworks.Posted Image

Suppose there's always Saturday or I could bring them to the Regional Christmas Get Together in Milton Keynes and let them off in the snowPosted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Mind you heating has rocketed as well, not turned mine on using a portable radiator not paying greedy electric gas companies unless i really have to

Im leccy only so unless I use the storage heaters I too use a fan or oil rad for my heating.

They were all too busy watching TV and there was me ready to go outside with me five layers of clothes on to let off me 'one bang' rating Sainsbury's fireworks.Posted Image

Suppose there's always Saturday or I could bring them to the Regional Christmas Get Together in Milton Keynes and let them off in the snowPosted Image

nutter :p

• Like 2

Posted

tomorrow

Posted Image

a weak westerly flow

although gales may be possible along the south coastal areas

rainfall

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

starts dry

but by around lunchtime most areas will see some rain and some heavy

the heaviest looking more to the north of london

temps

Posted Image

after a chilly start

temps warming up to around 13 degrees south of the thames

around 10-11 degrees north of thames

-------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow night

Posted Image

a weak north westerly flow

temps around 6-8 degrees

rainfall

Posted Image

still around most of the night but clearing in the early hours for most

may stick around south coastal regions for a while linger

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thursday

Posted Image

a weak westerly flow

temps

Posted Image

chilly again around 10-11 degrees

rainfall

Posted Image

a very slim chance of a shower to the far south but i am calling dry today

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thursday night

a weak south westerly flow

temps

looks cold with a possible frost but maybe just keeping up temps the very very far south east of our region

looks mainly dry again

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

friday

Posted Image

a slack north west to westerly flow

temps

Posted Image

around 10-12 degrees

rainfall

Posted Image

a chance the very far south east will see some cloudy dank conditions

over than that dry but rain enroute for late afternoon

the rain incoming via the trough on the fax could be heavy and thundery

Posted Image

more on that nearer the time

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by john pike
  • Like 1

Posted

Dont buy those fizzle and pop fireworks go and buy some decent ones that blow up yoyr garden well worth the investment if you want some decent ones buy display ones not garden ones also buy single ones not boxed they cost alot more but you fill that you have had a decent display after.

• Like 2

Posted

Personally I do not like the sale of fireworks to the public, and much prefer the idea of organised public displays instead (but that is just my opinion).

heres a quick ramp for now

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

warm cold warm cold

fi around the 10th

be back soon with the fax charts

snow for the 19th then (eek!)

• Like 2

Posted

My organised display has outgrown itself it is more a carnival now there are thousands of people go it takes half an hour to get out of the park you cant go if you are a small child, there is a danger you get lost or trampled on the gates open at five and the fireworks start at 8.15 and lasts twenty mins , there are fair rides, vendors of all kinds, its not fun anymore Health and safety have banned everybody from doing anything there now

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yay o/ bring them to MK - one of our guests on Saturday night turned up with fireworks it was one of those light the blue touch paper and stand back boxes and was quite impressive .....but then it did cost him £50

There have been quite a few let off round here this evening but we haven't even bothered to get up and look out of the window it's too comfy snuggled up on the sofa to move !

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

HI All

Wheeekie wheekie greetings from the piggies...who are getting chilly paws because their slave hasn't put the heating on yet. Completely re-defines the  "blue meanie" Posted Image

Stream "done good" sunday....and despite the pivotal low... it did not go out of bank.....just! Posted Image

EA contacted me today saying they nearly released a flood warning on sat night owing to rainfall and could I provide obs on the stream????....I think they meant sunday actually. This is a pathfinder project to enable the EA to try and provide the necessary 2hr flood warning time in a ridiculously small catchment that is flash flood orientated  with <90min response time.... so it is a pioneering project but so far looking good. Posted Image

Anyhow we are now swapping observations and I believe that, in addition to the rain gauges and flow meters already placed locally, the nice  Netweather folks,here may have a part to play in future to help EA provide sufficient warning/info to enable us to notify residents in this catchment area for this very specific flash flood scenario we have here. Thank you everyone for your continued reporting/contributions...and I'm glad I have found you. Posted Image Obviously as things stand atm, the EA have to rely on UKMO, However we are looking seriously at factoring in live reports from peepies such as yourselves to help in these type of fast-moving scenarios.Posted Image

BB - so glad you're now on the "official beaurocratic red-tape road" to sorting things out.....I'd like to hope you will now quickly achieve your goals and your  frustrations will accordingly be less ....but I will await your next update! Will send you some ruby slippers if you need  Posted Image

Fed up with fireworks...because some idiot housed topographically above me lets them off during the daytime every two weeks or less throughout the year, scaring me and the piggies senseless as we're also under the Gatwick flight path. The next door sheep and chickens however seem unperturbed and continue announcing to the world whatever  Posted Image

xxxx

• Like 6

Posted

HI All

Wheeekie wheekie greetings from the piggies...who are getting chilly paws because their slave hasn't put the heating on yet. Completely re-defines the  "blue meanie" Posted Image

Stream "done good" sunday....and despite the pivotal low... it did not go out of bank.....just! Posted Image

EA contacted me today saying they nearly released a flood warning on sat night owing to rainfall and could I provide obs on the stream????....I think they meant sunday actually. This is a pathfinder project to enable the EA to try and provide the necessary 2hr flood warning time in a ridiculously small catchment that is flash flood orientated  with <90min response time.... so it is a pioneering project but so far looking good. Posted Image

Anyhow we are now swapping observations and I believe that, in addition to the rain gauges and flow meters already placed locally, the nice  Netweather folks,here may have a part to play in future to help EA provide sufficient warning/info to enable us to notify residents in this catchment area for this very specific flash flood scenario we have here. Thank you everyone for your continued reporting/contributions...and I'm glad I have found you. Posted Image Obviously as things stand atm, the EA have to rely on UKMO, However we are looking seriously at factoring in live reports from peepies such as yourselves to help in these type of fast-moving scenarios.Posted Image

BB - so glad you're now on the "official beaurocratic red-tape road" to sorting things out.....I'd like to hope you will now quickly achieve your goals and your  frustrations will accordingly be less ....but I will await your next update! Will send you some ruby slippers if you need  Posted Image

Fed up with fireworks...because some idiot housed topographically above me lets them off during the daytime every two weeks or less throughout the year, scaring me and the piggies senseless as we're also under the Gatwick flight path. The next door sheep and chickens however seem unperturbed and continue announcing to the world whatever  Posted Image

xxxx

you are the nuttiest nutter yet, but I like the style Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Personally I do not like the sale of fireworks to the public, and much prefer the idea of organised public displays instead (but that is just my opinion).

snow for the 19th then (eek!)

I agree with you, our display was cancelled though, they don't like the fact people try to watch for free.

http://www.dover-express.co.uk/Fireworks-display-called-year/story-20015552-detail/story.html

Edited by alexisj9
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Blizzards,Hot Thundery nights.

Evening everyone!I thought I’d do some research on Guy Fawkes as I realised I only knew part of the history, I have totally gone in a different direction now though and I am currently looking at the 5th/6th centuries when the name England was first coined. I only took History up until I was 14, when I had to choose what subjects I would take for my GCSE's, stuff like that didn't really interest me up until now, as I am mainly a science orientated person.I will be watching other people’s fireworks from the warmth and comfort of my own home tonight, temperature is currently 9.6c so a tad chilly to be standing outside for extended periods of time.

Had a ten minute lecture off of the 7 year old Daughter today, after school regarding guy fawks.Strange temp says 8c but it feels freezing! Edited by 80sWeather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

you are the nuttiest nutter yet, but I like the style Posted Image

Hi Jax

Love your reply...seriously.....and appreciate your scepticism.

If you want to explore  my points....(oooh eerrr.!!).. I will happily  send you a PM with some info before I go public

xxx

• Like 1

Posted

saturday

Posted Image

a gusty westerly flow

trough over us so expect some pretty sharp showers

temps may struggle to 10 degrees

also note the 528 dam line over midlands Posted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

sunday

Posted Image

a breezy westerly flow

looks mainly dry but cold still

around 10 degrees

the 528 dam air buggered off pretty quick

---------------------------------------

if we go by ecm monday may need a watch for now

Posted Image

Posted Image

only goes to  monday 00 but i think we can work out the next run

Edited by john pike
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

A clear night at the moment. Wind 6mph W. Temperature holding to 7.9c. Thicker cloud west of here and then rain to come as we start Wednesday. Joys

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Evening all. Weather first.... Very wet start up until late morning. Then had an hour of the cloud breaking, and blue sky appearing. That soon vanished, and has been dull and grey all afternoon. Patchy cloud now and feels very cool.

Not heard too many fireworks tonight. I guess most had them at the weekend just past, or waiting for the weekend coming.

Edited by LeighD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

no problem croydon

just waiting for my next ramp charts Posted Image

I bought the GFS a pint, hope that helps Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

saturday

Posted Image

a gusty westerly flow

trough over us so expect some pretty sharp showers

temps may struggle to 10 degrees

also note the 528 dam line over midlands Posted Image

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

sunday

Posted Image

a breezy westerly flow

looks mainly dry but cold still

around 10 degrees

the 528 dam air buggered off pretty quick

---------------------------------------

if we go by ecm monday may need a watch for now

Posted Image

Posted Image

only goes to  monday 00 but i think we can work out the next run

Yep, the next 48 hours will be 25c and sunny all day?   Don't think I've got the hang of this yet Posted Image

Tuesday will be cold and wet, it is every birthday I've had, except my 40th when I was in Thailand Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Further to Chilly Milly's post in the previous thread about her friends in Kendall ......

chilly milly, on 02 Nov 2013 - 20:59, said:

Well she is okay, and I don't know the first thing about farming but this is what she says:

Yes.. Buildings a right mess. Trees decimated. Kitchen roof top ridge smashed. Outbuildings with bits off. Cement wall in Dutch barn sucked out. Doors off and twisted. Slates off everywhere. Neighbours have farm now and they were down here and said it was just like on TV.. Eerie silence and then wham. Luckily no one hurt and well insured between us.

Turbines are fine. It has literally taken chunks out of silos, new buildings doors off stone buildings, roof off old barn, granary, sixteen roof slipped , garage wall shagged and door off, tops off about 70 % trees at nedy barn one in roof of neddy barn! midden roof lifted and twisted and sheets up field! boards off scaffolding at needy barn, wall out of Dutch barn.. Need I go on...

Luckily she was in town when it happened so wasn't in the middle of it.

I've found a report on this by Tom Lynch from the virtual Storm Chasers Group.....

At 2.20 on Saturday 2 November Old Hutton was hit by a thunder storm containing lightning and lots of hail. After the hail stopped every was dark the farmer I spoke to said the wind stopped and it became very calm and the noise like thunder but continuous . He found it hard to describe a train or rushing wind . He went down towards the end of the farm building and was shocked by the sight of what he described as a large cone which looked like it was down to the ground , it was about 30ft wide he could see how far it went up. as it lifted debris it took it anti clockwise and lifting it up. Dropping it further up the yard. Everything was flying everywhere. A peace of metal roofing sheet was lifted and transported 100 mtrs up the field and wrapped around a tree. Pieces of corrugated roofing where embedded in sheet metal cladding. Yet right next to that plastic guttering which was hang loose was left where it was . Barn doors were taken off their hinges. Pieces of roofing sheet were embedded in the walls at 90 degrees to each other which tells me that at that point there was severe circulation at that point. The metal gable of the barn was hit side on and has a large concave dent. The roof was removed in many locations and the farm house suffered extreme damage to the roof and chimney stacks. As we walked the length of the farm the farmer was picking up debris and there were Crab apples strewn everywhere but there is no apple trees in that vicinity. If it was a tornado it hit a tree and took half the branches off 100 mtrs SW of the farm then hit the farm and then a load of trees 100 mtrs NE of the farm. A farm wall was demolished at low level and grass in the fields had been flattened in different directions. damage could cost thousands to repair.

I have to thank the farmers and their families for allowing me to call on them. Border TV featured it on the news but their weather man was reluctant to say it was a tornado. I said that I am sure that we could determine from the evidence what it was. I could do with someone looking at the radar from 2.20pm on Saturday 2 Nov for OLD HUTTON . The farm is just to the east of the M6. I saw the storms on the radar green with envy. It looked tasty but I was in Preston. I am fairly confident that is was a tornado. 

I will attach more photos the metal building which had the lump of corrugate sheet sliced into also has had something travel down the side. I guess it was carrying debris because it looks like each time whatever it had picked up hit the metal wall it took the paint off at one point it even put a hole in the metal as it moved down the side of the building. Trees had been uprooted but I had to get back to work,

Needless to say but they also had lots of roof sheet and slates blown off.

post-10773-0-46071500-1383694224_thumb.j

post-10773-0-27526200-1383694253_thumb.j

post-10773-0-82374100-1383694953_thumb.j

post-10773-0-54114000-1383694985_thumb.j

Edited by MKsnowangel
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Not being picky John but would be very nice of that big high could go NW overwise very cold uppers but pressure too high. Not being picky... Honest :p