Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Regional Discussion - 23/12/13 >>>

lorenzo

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

Cousin in Ireland 20 miles from cork reporting power cut and very lively winds....been struggling to post keeps saying saving post....anyone else been having problems?

I have been having problems all night its a real pain in the rectum trying to upload charts and pics

Pretty wild here, worse than xmas eve. Has the storm moved north BUS?

it looks about where its been forecast to be

although we wont find out anything soon unless the revised 12 o'clock chart is better than the initial

post-18233-0-99913900-1388103918_thumb.gPosted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Wild night here, but its not rattling the tiles yet. Wind is blowing from the south which is very unusual here. It normally batters in from the west. Gusts are VERY short n punchy.

Posted

I'm beginning to think the metoffice may have under rated this one? Gusts of 90-110mph being recorded in coastal Wales already.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: crystal cold man!

Hey all,

Starting up my way big time,  getting stronger with -5 windchill and currently gusting 30mph and rising by the look of it.

It seemed to come out the blue, one minute calm next minute strong wind and heavy rain..   pressure is at 966mb.

Thanks for finding that article BUS,  Im able to glean a lot of information from it.

• Like 1

Posted

revised 12 o'clock chart

post-18233-0-17394000-1388105633_thumb.g

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

I'm beginning to think the metoffice may have under rated this one? Gusts of 90-110mph being recorded in coastal Wales already.

110mph!?  Isn't there record 86.5 mph??  if that go's inland that could set some new records down there.  hope folks down there were prepared

Posted

110mph!?  Isn't there record 86.5 mph??  if that go's inland that could set some new records down there.  hope folks down there were prepared

They've had higher than that in Wales, usually around the northwest tip, its well exposed. Apparently now up to 112mph in Aberdaron.

Edited by acchos
  • Like 1

Posted

initial 1 o'clock charts

post-18233-0-66453700-1388107174_thumb.gpost-18233-0-58033600-1388107192_thumb.g

Posted

Quick update , storm is surprisingly strong, good strong steady wind.  As im typing the wind is rattling the windows quite badly and the rain is hammering the glass.

Its really starting to get a punch now..considering model's etc put it south of here its really kicking up a fuss....

ALARMS just started going off on weather station for wind,  its really going now.!

• Like 2

Posted

There go's the tarp of my logs ripped to shreds, man its howling!!  rain sounds like it will put the glass through!

Posted

some decent ends to the GEFS tonight

post-18233-0-97585000-1388107771_thumb.ppost-18233-0-02864000-1388107773_thumb.ppost-18233-0-74912500-1388107773_thumb.ppost-18233-0-26183200-1388107790_thumb.ppost-18233-0-52320700-1388107791_thumb.p

• Like 2

Posted

possibilitys for tornadoes for parts of Scotland

http://www.torro.org.uk/site/forecast.php

• Like 1

Posted

Activity to say the least Bus, Plenty of tight isobars there.  some places are getting it real tight.  I need to study those charts etc to get more of a grasp on what things mean..    still really wild here with horizontal rain.  dropped 2mb in the last 2 hour's so nothing major there..  I just looked at the isobar's and charts and it to me they dont tie up with up north??

Anyway guy's im sorry for gate crashing on here but thanks for having me and i really do mean that.   Its been a pleasure as usual being on here.

Time to listen to the rest of the storm from my bed.....night folk's,  and many thanks again for tolerating me Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted

revised 1 o'clock charts

post-18233-0-20845500-1388109179_thumb.gpost-18233-0-34171100-1388109182_thumb.g

Posted

Activity to say the least Bus, Plenty of tight isobars there.  some places are getting it real tight.  I need to study those charts etc to get more of a grasp on what things mean..    still really wild here with horizontal rain.  dropped 2mb in the last 2 hour's so nothing major there..  I just looked at the isobar's and charts and it to me they dont tie up with up north??

Anyway guy's im sorry for gate crashing on here but thanks for having me and i really do mean that.   Its been a pleasure as usual being on here.

Time to listen to the rest of the storm from my bed.....night folk's,  and many thanks again for tolerating me Posted Image

yeah Ireland looks like its taking a pasting in the next while

the link to the site for the charts it has the key to the charts at the bottom telling you what everything is save the site to your favourites then you can have a go at working everything out

http://meteocentre.com/analyses/map.php?map=eur_full&date=2013122701&size=large〈=en&area=eur

• Like 2

Posted

It is very very serious here! Electric have been on and off since 10pm loads of trees down!
  • Like 2

Posted

Wind's are up to a sustained 112mph at Cairngorm now....knew it was going to be abit of a beast earlier when it was just starting to get windy here and you could hear a hell of a hollow roar above.

• Like 1