Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 10/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

trying to work out where that pic was taken, it is not Willen i'm pretty sure of that.

So many lakes to choose from in MK but your right it's not Willen - this one is Caldecotte :-)
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Didn't realise how one of the SE members looks kind of like a young Ronnie Barker. Strange, because I can't say I noticed the similarity when I met up with you lot back in 2012. Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

As for the weather, more of the same but less rain towards the East and SE as time goes by I guess, never exceptionally mild with nearer average likely by day.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

So many lakes to choose from in MK but your right it's not Willen - this one is Caldecotte :-)

Ah, thats the one with the round bits on it?

Posted

@bjaykent & Steve C

Posted Image fantastic pictures!

Sad to admit I stayed in bed as I rarely get to sleep in past 05:30 most days so missed the breaking dawn, did get to see the frost though.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Hello everyone,

Had a very rough few months, but getting better now.

Bright and frosty start to the day this morning. Lovely to see the sunshine again today

Nice to see you back, Jan. You've been missed. :D

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Here comes the cloud and starting to get breezy.Posted Image

Hello everyone,

Bright and frosty start to the day this morning. Lovely to see the sunshine again today

Jan,

Great to see you back online as everyone has been looking for your posts, hopefully you will bring us some good luck on the snow frontPosted Image

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Hello everyone,

Welcome back Jan. Glad to hear your on the mend.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The most likely outcome. The MJO is only half the story!

Hello everyone,

Jan - really pleased and relieved to hear from you !!  There have been lots of well wishes for you on this thread through the previous weeks. Welcome back hunnybun and most of all keep recovering

Tams x

Edited by Tamara תָּמָר
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Before I likely disappear for the rest of today (might go out with a tablet though, so might keep looking in) I thought I'd share a few facts...

Unfortunately I am that sad that I've downloaded a few of the Hadley statistics. :unsure:

From the Hadley Central England Temperature (CET) record (going back to 1772 from the data I have) January 12th, at a mean of 3.1C, is the statistically coldest day of the year.

Having said that and for people who might worry that our best chance for snow is now gone, the temperatures don't really show any pronounced trend upwards until the end of February. For instance 20th February, at 3.7C, is statistically the third coldest day in February in the CET record.

However, the 20th Feb is the last day which records 3 point something though, with 12th March being the last day to record 4 point something, 22nd March 5 point something, 3rd April 6 point something, 14th April 7 point something... and so it goes on.

I take from this, that we still have a fairly long period, when it's possible to have a long lying snow cover, before the inevitable returning Sun makes the chances become very remote. So chins up snow lovers! :D

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow

Morning all. Had the most amazing frost this morning. Will report back on lowest temp later.

I have to say that after watching Battered Britain just now. I have stopped wishing for snow and in particular a prolonged cold spell. The further damage it could do for some of those worst hit areas, especially if flood waters froze could be truely devastating.

So I think it is time to put aside out love of cold and snow and think of those hit by this winters freak weather. Don't get me love I love cold and snow but........

Think I might cross post this on the moaning thread to give some a wake up call.

Katie

• Like 3

Posted

Glad to see you back Jan :)

Morning all. Had the most amazing frost this morning. Will report back on lowest temp later.I have to say that after watching Battered Britain just now. I have stopped wishing for snow and in particular a prolonged cold spell. The further damage it could do for some of those worst hit areas, especially if flood waters froze could be truely devastating.So I think it is time to put aside out love of cold and snow and think of those hit by this winters freak weather. Don't get me love I love cold and snow but........Think I might cross post this on the moaning thread to give some a wake up call.Katie

Sometimes a bit of perspective is needed.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot and sunny, freezing cold and snowy!!

Some stunning photos on here this morning!! Making me feel very guilty for having a lie in! Did manage to see the sun before it went in......Enjoy the rest of the day!!

• Like 1

Posted

Hello everyone,

Hi Jan, really pleased to see you back on here.  I was reading through some old posts late last night and there you were, regularly posting away, and that's what prompted my PM to you!   

AS

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, snow and more snow

Sometimes a bit of perspective is needed.

• Like 1

Posted

Giving the car a quick charge (battery is knackered and I have no dosh for a new one at present), then a stroll to the next village (been invited for dinner) so may go again via the park if this fine weather holds for the rest of the afternoon.

Still bright here but the cloud is filling in the once blue skies here now, but hope to not see any rain until atleast after dark.  Nippy out still @5.8oC but not feeling cold as there is hardly any breeze out there.

• Like 1

Posted

Looking at the radar the the tail end of that rain band looks possible to pay us a visit a bit later, good news is it seems relatively narrow so should pass quickly.

Posted

Now afternoon, still feeling cold here, I shall use my shawl and my feet are freezing.

As for "winter is over", I've said before, I think the traditional winter months have changed, I'm sure the Captain can back me up that it was very cold in the triangle right into May and maybe even June last year.It was the longest winter for cold I have ever known.The year before that, we had a very late warm season, right into November if I recall correctly.

With that in mind, maybe we will get snow, just later than usual.

• Like 1

Posted

hi all

nic pics on here today

thanks

welcome back jan

glad to see you back Posted Image

i still blame the charts for our poor winter Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

anyway back later with the 12z runs

have a good day all

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and hot summers

Have a good day Jp I am off to currys purley way with wife yuk

Very chilly this morning when I went out, better than that wet mild stuff

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Now afternoon, still feeling cold here, I shall use my shawl and my feet are freezing.

As for "winter is over", I've said before, I think the traditional winter months have changed, I'm sure the Captain can back me up that it was very cold in the triangle right into May and maybe even June last year.It was the longest winter for cold I have ever known.The year before that, we had a very late warm season, right into November if I recall correctly.

With that in mind, maybe we will get snow, just later than usual.

I erased those spring month from my memory due to the sheer awfulness of it, especially June. :p

In the end the weather can be cold enough for snow between October and May, likewise it can be hot between April and October, Spring and Autumn are merely transitions from the two weather types I like (hot and sunny summer with thunderstorms) and winter (cold and snow). Spring is nice and can offer some decent stuff unless it's a anticyclonic north easterly. Autumn on the other hand I just don't like and November onward pretty much proves my point.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Hello everyone, Had a very rough few months, but getting better now. Bright and frosty start to the day this morning. Lovely to see the sunshine again today

Hi Nurse,Really glad to hear you're getting better now and great to have you here again. Who cares about another failed easterly, when we've got our Jan back. Might not need it yet but get your ruler handy neighbour, you'll need every cm against Mr.90 mts! Lol and wink.Very best wishes Jan,Tom. x
  • Like 5