Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 10/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

But honestly would urge people to be vigilant of this.. I thought at first "oh normal winter cold" but this was far far worse and god forbid a baby/child or elderly person with a weaker immune system got this... 

Oh that sounds nasty.Hope you feel better soon.

Here its the coldest morning of the whole winter so far, not very nice.

Posted

Can see a convective shower tower over the water, must be one of those little blobs on your radar grab

ESTOFEX reckon so too:

post-6667-0-55066200-1389602972_thumb.pn

Strong QG forcing is forecast over S-UK, where a disorganized line of showers/isolated thunderstorms should move well inland. A sharp wind shift, low LCLs and some onshore CAPE could result in a few better structured cells with an isolated short-lived tornado report (forecast soundings offer up to 260 m^2/s^2 SRH-2 and LCLs below 500 m). Marginal hail and gusty winds however will be the main hazard.

http://www.estofex.org/

Posted

It is worth repeating,, if you have a cough, chest pain, difficulty breathing, don't just assume its a cold.

Those were my symptoms six weeks ago and I came within a whisker of dying of a massive pulmonary embolism.

Had I not gone to the hospital, I wouldn't be here now.

And I still can't get up and walk about, although the new medication is helping.I managed to stand for a few minutes a day for the last couple of days but I can't actually do anything and just sitting on the sofa for the time it takes to watch a tv programme is virtually impossible, I have to be lying almost completely flat to not feel awful.

So be very careful.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

That sounds rubbish Jenny! Do you have any idea what might have caused the embolism?

Wrt Luke, it sounds like he might have had influenza, rather than a normal cold. Luckily I've never had the flu myself.

That sounds rubbish Jenny! Do you have any idea what might have caused the embolism?

Wrt Luke, it sounds like he might have had influenza, rather than a normal cold. Luckily I've never had the flu myself.

Thats what I thought I had too, I am going to the docs this morning as I am still coughing and I am having some serious hot sweats still!

Posted

Yeah, it is rubbish! I didn't have a thrombosis in the leg which is what usually causes it, I was just unlucky, it came on by itself.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

It is worth repeating,, if you have a cough, chest pain, difficulty breathing, don't just assume its a cold.

Those were my symptoms six weeks ago and I came within a whisker of dying of a massive pulmonary embolism.

Had I not gone to the hospital, I wouldn't be here now.

And I still can't get up and walk about, although the new medication is helping.I managed to stand for a few minutes a day for the last couple of days but I can't actually do anything and just sitting on the sofa for the time it takes to watch a tv programme is virtually impossible, I have to be lying almost completely flat to not feel awful.

So be very careful.

Jenny Jane, Thank god you did go. I sincerely wish you a speedy recovery.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Jenny Jane, Thank god you did go. I sincerely wish you a speedy recovery.

Indeed. And to all my NW mates who are feeling less than 100%........hope you all feel better soon. And take care of yourselves everyone else. :) It's lovely blue sky here now. But I hope we hear some thunder today. That would be fab!!!!!
  • Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Morning all,

wishing those poorly soldiers who are feeling unwell much better x

Fairly pleasant this morning.....I cant wait for the rain, its about time too, i mean, its been almost 12 hours since weve had any!!! (being sarcastic in case you were unsure lol)

• Like 3

Posted

Winter just waiting in the wings.

Posted Image

Seriously cold in Scandinavia. TAM a city like Oslo. But also not far east of Netherlands minima below zero.

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Indeed. And to all my NW mates who are feeling less than 100%........hope you all feel better soon. And take care of yourselves everyone else. Posted Image

It's lovely blue sky here now. But I hope we hear some thunder today. That would be fab!!!!!

would be the second time this year already if I get some thunder. It's only January lol.

• Like 1

Posted

Still some slight sferic action in the Bay of Biscay and the flow looks right for it to move towards us through today:

post-6667-0-23505300-1389608906_thumb.jp

Posted Image

That pesky rain comes with it though by the looks of things: 

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Got a day out of the office today visiting our DR and datacentre sites right near where I live. Horrible driving though - roads are wet and acting like mirrors with the blinding bright low sun so you can hardly see a thing! Nice day though really with the blue skies so shouldn't complain :) Rain later though it seems, and Wednesday looking horrible.

Posted

No, really, had enough of this weather now. You're supposed to do Winter during these months, not the Asian monsoon season:

post-6667-0-96924500-1389611953_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Posted

Yellow warning of ice for most of the country bar the far East edge.

Worth highlighting the detail on that one for our region Steve:

Yellow warning of Ice

post-6667-0-78278200-1389613449_thumb.jp

Issued at: 
1052 on Mon 13 Jan 2014

Valid from: 
1700 on Mon 13 Jan 2014

Valid to: 
1000 on Tue 14 Jan 2014

A combination of clear spells and light winds will allow road temperatures to fall below freezing on Monday evening across northwestern parts of the UK, and then overnight and into Tuesday morning further south and east. This will allow icy stretches to form on untreated surfaces. The public are advised to take extra care and be aware of the risk of some minor travel disruption.

Following rain or showers on Monday, clearing skies will allow road temperatures to fall below freezing quite widely on Monday evening and night, leading to icy stretches on untreated surfaces which will last well into Tuesday morning. In addition, further showers may affect parts of Scotland, northern England and North Wales overnight which may lead to wash-off of earlier road treatment, enhancing the risk of ice formation. These showers could also give some accumulations of snow on routes above about 300m.

There is some uncertainty over the timing of clearance of cloud and rain towards the southeastern boundary of the yellow area, and hence also the risk of ice, so this warning may be adjusted later Monday or overnight.

Temps might just get down far enough in the early hours to be a problem in our region:

Posted Image

Edited by Coast
  • Like 1

Posted

No, really, had enough of this weather now. You're supposed to do Winter during these months, not the Asian monsoon season:

Posted ImageNW radar.jpg

Completely agree Coast output atm is very very frustrating indeed. Such a fine line in the models, The slightest adjustments can have major outcomes. Hopefully the Jet will descend further towards the med, That would open the floodgates.

• Like 2

Posted

I know we have our own exceptional Strat thread but sometimes I get lost with the jargon. The image and description below sums up nice laymen term description. Also very excited about this.

Posted Image

Lower zonal strat. winds = weaker polar vortex = better chance of northern blocking and cold at the mid-latitudes. Potential SSW? Maybe...

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: lots of snow and cold crisp mornings! thunder storms!

I have this niggle we are going to get a covering beginning of feb like in 2010 ( made travelling to the hospital to have my daughter intresting!) I have no scientific evidence for this just a niggle... she says desperately clutching at straws ....

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

If just had this on my 'Clear Day' app.....

Is it right???

post-17085-0-23625800-1389615386_thumb.j

Edited by Keraunophile
  • Like 2