Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Looks like the bulk of it could be out over The Channel, it certainly looks dark over there:

Posted Image

Some showers travelling E/SE over us, but hopefully light.

Just need to get these troughs out of the way through today:

Posted Image

Edited by Coast
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

I keep having this frightening thought - what would happen to the southern half of Britain if this zonal pattern continued through to April, then a spring of sunshine and heavy showers, followed by a 2007-esque summer, and next winter a repeat of this one so far?  I'm thinking that some areas would have to be abandoned, including towns and villages, for a few years.Posted ImagePosted Image

On that cheery note, I mark my 1000th NW post!Posted Image

Edited by chrisbell-nottheforecaster
  • Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Ooh, we have a Rainbow in wc2. it'S POURING one side of the building but bright sunnies the other side.

• Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Saw this and thought of all you lovely people on here ...(it's sort of weather related)

post-10773-0-80017500-1389961592_thumb.j

:-) x

• Like 8

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

What next, earth tremors due to weight of waterPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Don't get me wrong - there's no scientific evidence behind it, and I can't see it happening, but it was just a "what if" thought process.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Have they opened the A23 yet FD? Must be a nightmare around those back roads.

#A23 We've cleared the floodwater, removed the debris and treated the road surface. The southbound has now re-opened.

RT @HAtraffic_seast #A23 reopened in both directions, West Sussex http://bit.ly/1dpI1Jz 

Edited by Jason T
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun, Deep Snow, Convective Goodness, Anvil Crawlers

Also, HAPPY FRIDAY!

Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

More rain this weekend

Posted ImageThe bad news is that more rain is expected to fall this weekend as weather fronts stagger their way across the UK.

One problem is that they may be fairly slow-moving at times, which means that some places will have the potential to see modest amounts of rain.

On Saturday, rain will spread northwards over many areas, with the heaviest bursts for western parts of the UK. For eastern areas, the rain will tend to be somewhat lighter.

On Sunday, it’s likely to be the other way round, with eastern areas seeing the heaviest bursts of rain, with western areas brighter.

As a result, the Environment Agency has highlighted southern parts of England and Wales as having the greatest risk of surface water and river flooding this weekend.

Posted ImageEven looking further ahead into next week, drier, brighter days will be punctuated by further spells of rain. Therefore, the risk of flooding is not going to go away anytime

• Like 1

Posted

Also, HAPPY FRIDAY!

Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Woken up a few times during the night by rain hammering against my bedroom window. Difficult journey to work, with 2 road closures

between Bickley and Bromley, which resulted in getting caught in a horrendous traffic-jam. Then encountered flooding/burst drains

pouring onto Hayes Lane, from the grounds of Bromley Football club. Some very interesting cloudscapes driving from Bromley towards Croydon though, with a line of shallow anvils clearly visible towards the west.

More rain walking to the bank in Croydon, John P. does it ever stop raining in this place? At least we get some break from it from time to time, in Bromley (Err, not)

And to round off a thoroughly wet and dismal Friday morning, it's not POETS day, I'm working until 9.15! Bah humbug!

Have a good day all, even though some of you aren't working tomorrow! (Pokey tongue thingy)

Tom.

P.s. Apologies Croydon, the sun has just come out!

Edited by Kentish CZ
  • Like 9

Posted

well i have managed to avoid the dry spells 3 times today :rolleyes: even dog can't be asked to go for another walk

11.7 C sunny and little breeze... do i go out or not? :lol:

• Like 3

Shows how the weather in this country can be so different year on year as one year today I was watching the snow fall outside the window and was pulling the young one on her sledge around the town on the sunday afternoon.  I think I may convert it into a boat as i thnk it's the only way this winter she will have any chance of using it.

• Like 4

Posted

More heavy rain in Reigate.

Due in London tonight for what I like to call 'fun'. Hopefully the trains will be alright otherwise it's a long walk home.....

AS

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Woken up a few times during the night by rain hammering against my bedroom window. Difficult journey to work, with 2 road closuresbetween Bickley and Bromley, which resulted in getting caught in a horrendous traffic-jam. Then encountered flooding/burst drainspouring onto Hayes Lane, from the grounds of Bromley Football club. Some very interesting cloudscapes driving from Bromley towards Croydon though, with a line of shallow anvils clearly visible towards the west.More rain walking to the bank in Croydon, John P. does it ever stop raining in this place? At least we get some break from it from time to time, in Bromley (Err, not)And to round off a thoroughly wet and dismal Friday morning, it's not POETS day, I'm working until 9.15! Bah humbug!Have a good day all, even though some of you aren't working tomorrow! (Pokey tongue thingy)Tom.P.s. Apologies Croydon, the sun has just come out!

lol didn't rain as much when I lived there, nothing to do with my move though, just the way the weather has been this year.

• Like 1

Posted

Right, that's it.

I'm going to shake this Winter up and I'm going to shake it up good! I'm doing a BBQ tonight, ribs in my special sauce (already marinating), home made burgers and sausages. I'm not giving in to a totally out of kilter season and I'm going to defy it with a Summer tradition! 

OK, I'm off to disconnect all the smoke alarms around the house....

Posted ImagePosted Image

• Like 8

Posted

Echoing earlier comments the torrential rain overnight has created garden flooding not seen before in the 35 years we've lived here.

We are on a 75m contour which is irrelevant when the soil is clay. If the mean temps were some 5c higher a EU grant for rice production would be on the cards.

At least there's a break now with some blue and the odd glimpse of that yellow thing!

Edited by Essexwader
  • Like 4

Posted

Spoke too soon tipping it down again.

Arggggh, raining here again too.

Do you ever think on days like these you could wake up early in the morning, invent some silly sweet-squashing game for smartphones, pop it on an apps store and then just go back to bed? :doh: 

• Like 1

Posted

More heavy rain in Reigate.Due in London tonight for what I like to call 'fun'. Hopefully the trains will be alright otherwise it's a long walk home.....AS

I understand that the A217 south of Reigate is due to be impassable post 3pm due to flooding and the A23 at Salfords is only passable with extreme care...One of my colleagues took 2 hours to get back from London by train this morning AS!
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Cold.

Well after last nights and this morning deluge, things have been okay here.  Looking out of the office window, I can see plenty of blue sky.  Hopefully it can stay dry for a while now.

• Like 1

Posted

I understand that the A217 south of Reigate is due to be impassable post 3pm due to flooding and the A23 at Salfords is only passable with extreme care...One of my colleagues took 2 hours to get back from London by train this morning AS!

thanks GP, trains to Farringdon from Redhill are cancelled - being a young hipster going out in Clerkenwell tonight, this was the best option for me (only part of that sentence is true). However trains into and out of Victoria seem to be affected a lot less so this is what I will do.Not rained here for about, ooh, an hour. Looks like it's about to start again, though.AS
  • Like 1