Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 16/01/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted

Very wet, waking me up for hours lashing against the window, too dark to see what it looks like, but bleurgh seems to capture it pretty well; think I might 'work from home' today.

Have a good, if not undoubtedly wet, day everyone.

Edited by Reefseeker
  • Like 5

Posted

Morning all, hope everyone's fit and well.

Ditto, but went back to sleep, so ended up getting up late, which is annoying. Office in Harlow today unfortunately, means the bridge tonight, which won't be good, roll on when they take the tolls aways in October. Nice to see JP charts indicating a cool down early next week. But could do with seeing cold and snow being mentioned, if it don't hurry up, I might have to visit a site and get a fix in one of the freezers. I designed :-).

Oh well can't hang about, otherwise it won't be worthwhile doing a POETS day today. Enjoy yourselves.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

Just going looking for the keys to my Ark....

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all

Same as other posters this morning, heavy rain, standing water, bleurgh (sorry to be so technical)

AS

Very wet, waking me up for hours lashing against the window, too dark to see what it looks like, but bleurgh seems to capture it pretty well; think I might 'work from home' today.

Have a good, if not undoubtedly wet, day everyone.

Hi AS, not nice out there this morning, don't forget your laptop!Posted Image

Morning Ladies and Gents.

What can I say? It feels like we are all going to float off the corner of the planet on a tide of rainwater and I'm considering escaping to the nearest mountain or having the house put on stilts. 

I foolishly just looked at the rainfall stats for the last 31 days in Eastbourne and we have only had 3 of those days without rain:

post-6667-0-98807700-1389943537_thumb.pn

There are some large amounts there, but it's the relentless return of the rain day after day that can become so depressing. Can you imagine if it had been a bit more seasonably cold and that lot was more crystalline than liquid?

Posted Image

• Like 4

Posted

So the rain gauge came back to life all of its own accord (the spiders must have found a warmer home or got washed away) and we've had 30mm since midnight! Looks like it's going to carry on for a while too...

Posted

Morning all nightmare for the commuters out there this morning A23 closed due to flooding and main rail line up to London closed at Balcombe due to flooding looks like I could be driving up to Haywards Heath to pick the other half up this afternoon if it doesn't subside by then. Heh Happy Poet's Day!

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all.  Nothing to report other than the weather continues to be crap here too.

Happy Birthday today to xxsnowflakexx and to Alpine glow.  Hope you both have a good day.

If I didn't have things to do today, I'd climb back under the duvet.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Morning all some clear spells here. Looks more rain on the way here later, deep joy!

Posted

Hi AS, not nice out there this morning, don't forget your laptop!Posted Image

Good tip. thanks!  I am WFH today so even I can't mess that up.  Can I....?

Posted

Morning all nightmare for the commuters out there this morning A23 closed due to flooding and main rail line up to London closed at Balcombe due to flooding looks like I could be driving up to Haywards Heath to pick the other half up this afternoon if it doesn't subside by then. Heh Happy Poet's Day!

Jules, I hasn't to add I didn't like your post because of the difficulties (glad I'm not working in Benny Hill today) but because I can appreciate the effect this is going to have on the daily commute for folk if it doesn't subside a bit.

We might escape the worst of any UK rain forecast rain for the weekend if GFS is correct, but it will still rain by the looks of things:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

There are quite a few routes closed through flooding in West Sussex this morning:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/travelnews/sussex/roads/unplanned

• Like 1

Posted

Like you say Robin looking at the latest info it looks like our little corner may escape the worst of it but not looking the same for West Sussex nice little shower train heading for Balcombe area all day by the looks of it.

Edited by Sussex Jules
  • Like 1

Posted

I am WFH today 

Waiting for hail? :lol:

• Like 2

Posted

Like you say Robin looking at the latest info it looks like our little corner may escape the worst of it but not looking the same for West Sussex nice little shower train heading for Balcombe area all day by the looks of it.

Met O must have just looked at same info weather warning just been issued for the rain.

Posted

Met O must have just looked at same info weather warning just been issued for the rain.

Arggghhh, that's not good:

Further showers, some heavy, will affect parts of the southeast of England this morning, dying away by early afternoon.

The public should be aware that, given the saturated ground, some disruption from localised flooding is likely.  Bands of showers overnight have brought some heavy rainfall to parts of the southeast of England resulting in some surface water flooding. Although showers will tend to ease through the morning, (with mostly less than 10 mm additional rainfall), the residual impacts, especially in terms of surface water flooding, are more likely to last into the middle part of the day.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=warnings&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1389916800&regionName=se

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning, cloudy but dry for the moment. Have a good Friday everyone. We have almost made it Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted

A funny thing happened in the office yesterday, for those you think they know me including my work colleges, they know that major things don't upset me it's the little things which do, and how can I say, very occasionally perhaps once in 5 years it happens, yesterday was the day. I suppose I will have to apologise today, but I had an email about a rejected warrantee claim for a £600 motor, it wasn't the fact it was rejected, it was the arrogance of the email, I myself had seen the motor, I had explained the problem in a brilliant comical email to my secretary, which was forwarded to the company. This twerp / jobs worth sitting behind a keyboard in Southampton had the nerve to say that it was out of warrantee, normally it would have been, but as we purchased over £1/2 million of equipment from his company, we negioated an extend warrantee, it wasn't my fault he didn't know that or that information wasn't on his computer, to be honest I couldn't have cared less.

Unfortunately for this little whipper snapper, I snapped, steam was coming out of my ears, I was doing a great impression of tigger, bouncing up and down on the spot, yes I totally and utterly lost it. I know the company salesman extremely well, Infact I might have mentioned before about my utter hatred of salesmen, he's is only one of 2 that get past our front door. He's a lovely lad with years of experience and technical he's almost as good as me, unfortunately he took the full force of the explosion as I vented my fury, the luang age how can I say was industrial, what I threatened to do to this jobs worth if I ever meet him, well is I think I would be put away for life. When I put the phone down, the whole office was looking in disbelieve at me, I think I might exploded a bit too much :-)

Can someone please advise me, the correct procedure for apologising to the salesman without losing face, as, as I say he's a nice lad, and I like him, I will win the argument, but I feel guilty that the wrong person took the full force. There you go chilly Millie, I am not that nice :-) interestingly I just spoke to her indoors, and she think that I should just let it drop.

Forgot to mention weather, still raining, although the sky had a little orange tint.

Edited by Charltonkerry
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Seems to be a very patchy line of showers over this little corner, thought last night that the main trian would move east. Can't believe it's still in the same place and still very heavy. I hope no gets mayjor flooding problems again after all of that rain.

Edited by alexisj9

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Yellow Warning of Rain for London & South East England :

Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Portsmouth, West Sussex, Kent, Surrey, Greater London, East Sussex, Brighton and Hove & Medway

Yellow Warning of Rain for East of England :

Thurrock, Essex & Southend-on-Sea

Further showers, some heavy, will affect parts of the southeast of England this morning, dying away by early afternoon.

The public should be aware that, given the saturated ground, some disruption from localised flooding is likely.

Issued at:

0744 on Fri 17 Jan 2014

Valid from:

0750 on Fri 17 Jan 2014

Valid to:

1400 on Fri 17 Jan 2014

Chief Forecaster's assessment:

Bands of showers overnight have brought some heavy rainfall to parts of the southeast of England resulting in some surface water flooding. Although showers will tend to ease through the morning, (with mostly less than 10 mm additional rainfall), the residual impacts, especially in terms of surface water flooding, are more likely to last into the middle part of the day.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Roads and pavements fairly flooded round my way brentford west London. Full well and. shepperton line blocked due to flooding. Hi all happy Friday!

Posted

Seems to be a very patchy line of showers over this little corner, thought last night that the main trian would move east. Can't believe it's still in the same place and still very heavy. I hope no gets mayjor flooding problems again after all of that rain.

I think once these heavier bands sweep through it may subside a little. I'm also hoping that mass of showers in France just misses us as it heads E/NE:

post-6667-0-58743500-1389947497_thumb.pn

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all and happy POETS day :-)

Lots to get sorted here today including packing as we are both working tomorrow and then off to the airport early hours of Sunday !

Having a lay in at the moment while we decide in what order to do everything - one of the first things is going to be a full English though that's for sure :-)

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Roads are treacherous out there this morning, be careful.

Mum and Dad had a bit of T&L last night, yet us only a couple of miles down the road had nowt.

Posted

Morning all,

Not suprised METO have issued weather warnings - the rain was relentless last night and kept me awake on and off, which didn't  help the mood when my alarm went off this morning!

Still, on the plus side, it's POETS day - so have a good one all.  Let's hope it goes nice and quick towards home time and the weekend Posted Image

• Like 6