Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England/East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 07/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

MKSnowAngel

You posted a warning of ice tonight. Watching Sky News: they say it's because of 'climate change' so in other words this mild wet winter proves warming in their opinion (despite temperatures flatlining or slightly declining for the last 17 years).

So we're supposed to believe it's so warm we got rain all winter, but at the same time there's ice forecast for the region, which means it's cold.

In the words of Little Britain (my one), "The computer says NO!"

They're mad.

Edited by Iceni
  • Like 4

Posted

Worrying situation here in Staines, the Thames is so high and rising. Water starting to come up through drains. Had the warning phone call advising of possible evacuation.

stay safe it sounds really bad out there

• Like 3

I was just having a closer look at the flood map which Mk posted on their web site and one thing which stands out around Windsor is the number of reservoirs which are in close proximity to the river.  I suppose they are topped up by the river however the problems will begin if the treatment works get flooded or the power goes down due to sub stations being effected. Whilst the Somerset levels have their problems the populated areas of London will pose a even more worry for all the agencies involved with this situation.

• Like 2

Posted

It's not global warming but have a read of this and see what you think - makes perfect sense to me ...."So what is gone wrong with our weather – are we in a LIA as some say ? Certainly were are going from extreme to extreme. Only one theory makes since, and its certainly not global warming, as there has been no warning for 17 years now, in fact it has cooled a little. So is it so called ‘man-made climate change’ ? – I’d doubt it. The only thing that seems to have reasonable answers is solar activity. It’s the Sun !The severe cold winters have coincided with a solar minimum. Now cycle 24 has reached a low maximum not seen in many decades, and with solar activity set to decrease from here again – it looks like the extremes are set to continue. Severe Winters will hit again quiet soon and the extremes in all areas look set to continue as lower than normal solar output is forecast to continue."http://realityweather.eu/entered-little-ice-age/

Agree. Look up Dr. Henrik Svensmark - there's a series of 6 brilliant videos called 'the Cloud Mystery' on YouTube (it starts in Danish but the rest is English so don't get put off).

He's been right all along... but has been viciously attacked for his views by everyone - even the head of the MetO who stood up in one of his lectures and told him he shouldn't be 'allowed' to conduct his experiment at CERN (it's on film). I'd heard about him and expected to see some 'elderly mad professor' type from his press write-ups, but he's youngish and looks a thoroughly sensible, decent and intelligent scientist.

Edited by Iceni
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and Thundery, Cold and Snowy

MKSnowAngel

You posted a warning of ice tonight. Watching Sky News: they say it's because of 'climate change' so in other words this mild wet winter proves warming in their opinion (despite temperatures flatlining or slightly declining for the last 17 years).

So we're supposed to believe it's so warm we got rain all winter, but at the same time there's ice forecast for the region, which means it's cold.

They're mad.

They really are stupid, so their theory explains the record cold seen across North America! Useless they are.

Gavin Partridge was closest to spot on for this winter, he predicted that ridge formation in the pacific to plunge America into a much colder than average winter, then predicting us a milder than average winter. Got to say it, he's hit the bullseye.

Edited by East_England_Stormchaser91
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Relatively calm out there now with just a strong breeze. Seems very weird being so quiet and calm after the chaos. No rain either although my rain alarm says some on the way.

When are we due for the next lot?

Hope you've all had a nice week-end. :)

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny; chilly and sunny; thunderstorms; extreme

They really are stupid, so their theory explains the record cold seen across North America! Useless they are. Gavin Partridge was closest to spot on for this winter, he predicted that ridge formation in the pacific to plunge America into a much colder than average winter, then predicting us a milder than average winter. Got to say it, he's hit the bullseye.

Have to agree. Gav is a great forecaster
  • Like 2

Posted

MKSnowAngel

They're mad.

There is a definite climate change, hundreds of years ago there used to be constant harsh winters and the Thames would freeze over, now the bleedin polar caps are melting!

Just cause they say there is a climate change doesnt mean that all of a sudden there is not going to be no ice or snow whatsoever, thats just silly of you to suggest that.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Just been watching the weather and apparently, there is more rain and gales to come later in the week. Poor souls in the flooded areas. How dreadful. :(

Edited by Keraunophile
  • Like 2

Posted

I am just hoping that Tuesday is not too windy as I am flying away on holiday from Gatwick...

Just stand at the top of Beachy Head with a tarpaulin and save yourself the journey to Gatwick! Have a great time.
  • Like 6

Posted

Just stand at the top of Beachy Head with a tarpaulin and save yourself the journey to Gatwick!Have a great time.

Thanks Jules, I know Lanzarote is windy but at least it may be warmer and not so wet as here... :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I am just hoping that Tuesday is not too windy as I am flying away on holiday from Gatwick... 

Well I hope you enjoy your holiday! Posted Image Hideous looking charts from the GFS/ECM /UKMO 12 o'clock today model runs, on Wednesday or Thursday, but hopefully all a distant memory for you, by the time you're there.

Edited by Steve C
  • Like 5

Posted

tonight

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

when the wind eases a frost looks likely

mist and fog likely to the north and east of the region

however rain incoming from the south west

Posted Image

in the morning around rush hour will effect the south moving north east during the day

a brief chance of some wintry bits when the precip arrives but wont last and turns to rain very quick

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow

Posted Image

a weak south west flow veering north west later

rainfall

Posted Image

Posted Image

rain and some heavy  should clear many by mid pm

far E a shade later

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

hoverin around 6-8

but will be chilly

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow nite

Posted Image

a weak NW flow veers SW overnigh

rain

Posted Image

looks dry

yemps

Posted Image

Posted Image

frost likely

will clear when wind picks up from SW all dependant on when

more soon

keyboard issues

Edited by john pike
  • Like 3

Posted

There is a definite climate change, hundreds of years ago there used to be constant harsh winters and the Thames would freeze over, now the bleedin polar caps are melting!

Just cause they say there is a climate change doesnt mean that all of a sudden there is not going to be no ice or snow whatsoever, thats just silly of you to suggest that.

Rubbish.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Thanks Jules, I know Lanzarote is windy but at least it may be warmer and not so wet as here... :)

Mr P and I were there a couple of weeks ago - it was high teens low 20s :-) Have you been before - where are you staying ?
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Mr P and I were there a couple of weeks ago - it was high teens low 20s :-)Have you been before - where are you staying ?

And I'll be there in a fortnight too, hopefully. :unsure:

• Like 2

Posted

7uesday

Posted Image

winds breezy SW veering back cold NW

rain am

Posted Image

arrives around rush hour

around lunch

Posted Image

keep eyes here heavy rain

will clear around mid pm

yemps

Posted Image

Posted Image

6-8 when rain here

will drop quick as night falls

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7uesday nigh7

Posted Image

a cold NW - SW wind breezy no7 s7rong

rain

Posted Image

looks dry

however we have a 7rough on fax

which may move in overnight7

7emps

Posted Image

Posted Image

if 7rouh moves across overnite wi7 528 dam air over us

we may see some win7ry bi7s

will be cold and fros7 likely

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wednesday

Posted Image

a chilly wes7 flow

528 dam air over us

precip hard call now

low 7o our W may effec7 us la7e pm

7emps

Posted Image

Posted Image

snow-hail-rain all poss here

need 7omorrows 7o confirm

sorry abou7 spellin