back for 12z runs monday

off now Posted ImagePosted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

hi iceni

will make no difference

all of em talk @~:~

At present. I'd agree... hence my preference for the military (or what's left of them) to run the country until May 2015.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

And during that time new rules for candidate selection must be instituted by the Electoral Commission:

1. No one can be selected as a candidate for any party unless they have lived in their constituency for 10 years

2. No one can be selected as a candidate for any party unless they have spent at least 10 years working outside politics, including local government/quangos etc.

3. No one can be selected as a candidate for any party unless they have made at least 5 years NI and tax contributions

4. The power of recall. Candidates must sign that if 60% of their constituents are dissatisfied with their performance once they are MPs, they must submit to a fresh selection procedure and be suspended while it takes place.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Here's a little gem from a couple of years ago from the Environment Minister at the time...

http://www.thegwpf.org/uk-environment-minister-warns-climate-change-threatens-dry-winters/

You don't know whether to laugh or cry.  Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by Iceni
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

At present. I'd agree... hence my preference for the military (or what's left of them) to run the country until May 2015.

Here's a little gem from a couple of years ago from the Minister of the time...

http://www.thegwpf.org/uk-environment-minister-warns-climate-change-threatens-dry-winters/

They do that all the time, we see an exceptional spell of weather and then blame climate change. If it's dry for a long time, it's going to be dry all the time apparently. But when it's wet all the time, yes you guessed it, it's going to be wet all the time because of climate change. Come back to me when someone makes their mind up. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Here's a little gem from a couple of years ago from the Environment Minister at the time...

So that's the person that has jinxed this winter and given us all this annoying rain, lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

I was going through random netweather members' profiles earlier and some of them are really spooky. Some people who always posted on the forums have completely stopped posting or even visiting the site. Some people have over 10,000 posts and they disappear without a trace, for whatever reason, it's quite sad to see. Take Glacier Point as an example, he used to be prolific in this forum, but because of work commitments he hasn't even logged back in for nearly a year.

You get used to people posting everyday, and then they suddenly disappear, sometimes you realise and sometimes you don't. I've enjoyed some members' company in here in particular but they vanish and then you ask yourself, what happened? Since I joined in 2011, every year has been completely different in terms of those who interact with this forum, some people decide to stay, others don't. 

Edited by PerfectStorm
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

I was going through random netweather members' profiles earlier and some of them are really spooky. Some people who always posted on the forums have completely stopped posting or even visiting the site. Some people have over 10,000 posts and they disappear without a trace, for whatever reason, it's quite sad to see. Take Glacier Point as an example, he used to be prolific in this forum, but because of work commitments he hasn't even logged back in for nearly a year.You get used to people posting everyday, and then they suddenly disappear, sometimes you realise and sometimes you don't. I've enjoyed some members' company in here in particular but they vanish and then you ask yourself, what happened? Since I joined in 2011, every year has been completely different in terms of those who interact with this forum, some people decide to stay, others don't. 

Maybe, for whatever reason, they are unable to post. :(

Morning all. :)  Cloudy but dry here - I can't see any stars. I can see there is local patchy rain on the radar though.

• Like 1

Posted

Morning all, with all this weather around and the flooding situation, I think its time for me to be good and keep strictly on topic, so no ramplings this week. Look like we had a shower in the night, very damp out, didn't notice any wind.

Have a good day.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy, windy, cold.

Morning all. No trains from Windsor and Staines due to flooding. Fairly chilly day here and grey and damp.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning, dry and cloudy here, better than expected as it looked like it might rain for most of the day today,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow,thunder,tornados

dull damp dreary,about sums it up here,morning off work as young-un has got the lurgy,have a good day peeps

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Morning all,

The bootsale did go ahead, but not full....still something is better than nothing.

Looking drey (new work for damp and grey) here this morning.....more of the same to come this week by the looks of things with yet more lows incoming. Maybe a change in 10 or so days? ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin each. Grey, overcast and grim here in Ippy. Oh, and it is now spitting with rain.

On a brighter note, I just ordered a book on Meteorology. So I'll be as good as Mr Pike...........in about a hundred years time. :D

Have a good day all. And stay safe.

Here is the book if anyone is interested..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1780460023/ref=pe_385721_37986871_TE_item

Edited by Keraunophile
  • Like 5

Posted

yes, dull and horrible here starting to rain, fog sirens going off, waiting for nurse to visit the house this morning, watching sky news absolutely terrible for those flooded out in Berkshire now, where does this end?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Grey morning with a bit of drizzle, though the river Thames causing more drama here in Staines. Will take some pics and post them later, if we haven't been evacuated that is! Crazy.

• Like 7

Grey morning with a bit of drizzle, though the river Thames causing more drama here in Staines. Will take some pics and post them later, if we haven't been evacuated that is! Crazy.

Looking very high in staines buddy, I think the courges car park is gone, if that happens then lower staines is in trouble as it's all down hill.. 

Edited by Surrey
  • Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Looking very high in staines buddy, I think the courges car park is gone, if that happens then lower staines is in trouble as it's all down hill..

I can't remember floods as bad as these. The river is now creeping up all the side roads off Laleham Road. One of the Staines Town councillors lives next door and the council have been warned of water coming up through the drains too across town. Scary stuff!
  • Like 2