Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 12/02/14 19z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

An early "uncertain" warning out for snow..

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=map&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1393545600

Only just inside our region but mulls must stand a chance? Posted Image

I'd like to think so but it is not really our region lets hope for some major upgrade closer to the time after all it is literally our last hope to see real snow this winter! Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

An early "uncertain" warning out for snow..

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=map&map=Warnings&zoom=5&lon=-3.50&lat=55.50&fcTime=1393545600

Only just inside our region but mulls must stand a chance? Posted Image

A classic North of the M4 corridor job. Posted Image Oh no, its like I've been transported back through time to that old era of zonal dross and mildness come Winter, no wait, wasn't that the infamous 2013/14 Winter. Posted Image

I'd like to think so but it is not really our region lets hope for some major upgrade closer to the time after all it is literally our last hope to see real snow this winter! Posted Image

And you've still had more snow than anyone else in the region, bar Dartmoor. You lucky blighter, you. Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Saturday afternoon/evening looks more favourable for snow going by the latest output for our region does it not??

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Straw anyone .........Posted Image

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Andy, do you think our area could see a few flakes Friday/Saturday/Monday.?

Nice charts Karlos, thanks for that.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

I wouldn't take any warnings or forecast as gospel yet, the met have no idea how this lp will track yet, the BBC weather presenters have made it very clear in the forecasts that they are very uncertain about Friday so all up for grabs still if it's wintery weather your after.

Posted

A classic North of the M4 corridor job. Posted Image Oh no, its like I've been transported back through time to that old era of zonal dross and mildness come Winter, no wait, wasn't that the infamous 2013/14 Winter. Posted Image

And you've still had more snow than anyone else in the region, bar Dartmoor. You lucky blighter, you. Posted Image

Your correct that my home has indeed seen more snow as would be expected but I was at work both days so didn't actually really see it and same could happen this Friday - sunday as I'm working which would be sod's law. Posted Image So naturally I would prefer a county wide event so I see it even at work.

Edited by mullender83
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Your correct that my home has indeed seen more snow as would be expected but I was at work both days so didn't actually really see it and same could happen this Friday - sunday as I'm working which would be sod's law. Posted Image So naturally I would prefer a county wide event so I see it even at work.

Perhaps we ought to organise a get together with AJ and go up to Leicester, where's the higher ground around there, those damn ex-Midlanders knicking our snow, we can't have that. The mere thought of a Channel Low leaves me somewhat excited though, it has to be said. Whatever happens come Friday, as others have stated, the first week of Spring could offer some more chances. I simply don't like the idea of yet more rain though. Good luck with it all, all of you anyhows.

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Perhaps we ought to organise a get together with AJ and go up to Leicester, where's the higher ground around there, those damn ex-Midlanders knicking our snow, we can't have that. The mere thought of a Channel Low leaves me somewhat excited though, it has to be said. Whatever happens come Friday, as others have stated, the first week of Spring could offer some more chances. I simply don't like the idea of yet more rain though. Good luck with it all, all of you anyhows.

hop in the van mate Posted Image ....early start tomorrow though, bright eyed and bushy tailed for 6:30am...lol

• Like 1

Posted

Andy, do you think our area could see a few flakes Friday/Saturday/Monday.?

Friday depends on the LOWs track, if it's 100 miles further South than currently forecast then we have a decent chance - it may well be a nowcast day depending on temps, dewpoints and intensity of precip - even that Friday 2 weeks ago (14th Feb) had some wet snow in the heaviest bursts even when it was meant to be turning milder. I would laugh my socks off if it does snow on Friday as it's my birthday and would be remarkable coincidence given the awful winter! My fear is another washout heavy rain event.

As for the other days I have no idea!

Posted

hop in the van mate Posted Image ....early start tomorrow though, bright eyed and bushy tailed for 6:30am...lol

Posted Image Oh I forgot, I've got to see a certain someone about a certain something, Thanks anyway. Posted Image Don't forget your toothbrush camera, though! Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Friday depends on the LOWs track, if it's 100 miles further South than currently forecast then we have a decent chance - it may well be a nowcast day depending on temps, dewpoints and intensity of precip - even that Friday 2 weeks ago (14th Feb) had some wet snow in the heaviest bursts even when it was meant to be turning milder. I would laugh my socks off if it does snow on Friday as it's my birthday and would be remarkable coincidence given the awful winter! My fear is another washout heavy rain event.

As for the other days I have no idea!

Happy Birthday anyway, whatever happens and maybe the day after might be a white one, certainly a few chances coming up. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, tornados

Estofex got a warning out for southern areas, bay of biscay

http://estofex.org/

Lots of rain on radar

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

Hope your all keeping well, been some nice weather here, daffodils are out and today had that pleasant Spring feel to it.

Posted

Fine morning with a couple of oktas of Cu.

Temp 8,5C

Wind W 15mph

The precise movement of the low this evening still in some doubt and a few miles north or south will alter things a tad. At the moment looking at rain in these parts with a possiblity of rain, sleet of even some snow in central areas. Personally I favour rain

post-12275-0-96071500-1393484435_thumb.g

post-12275-0-92431300-1393484452_thumb.j

post-12275-0-41223600-1393484462_thumb.j

post-12275-0-06537000-1393484473_thumb.j

post-12275-0-77427000-1393484481_thumb.j

post-12275-0-59035100-1393484489_thumb.j

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot in Summer Cold in Winter

Stunning sunshine after overnight rain, a rather chilly wind

Posted

Really, have you seen Ian's latest Tweet?

South wales and forest of dean isn't really the southwest.

Posted

Whatever your own opinion might be as to whether we get the snow or not, a lot of this region is still currently covered by a watch according to the media forecasts I saw this morning. If Mulls is happy to write it off, then I guess we should let him and we'll keep the snow to ourselves. Posted Image Have you been transported back from the future Mulls, as this is still an uncertain forecast even for those in the know. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Most(see in interests section.)

Andy and Mullender,

Just found this:

Looks much better now!!

post-13809-0-47264500-1393500167_thumb.p

• Like 3

Posted

The most appropriate assessment probably comes courtesy of the UKMO and it reads as follows for this region.

Today:

A good deal of fine weather around to start the day, just an isolated shower. However, as the day progresses, showers will become more widespread, some heavy with the risk of hail and thunder. Breezy at times, especially around coasts. Maximum Temperature 9 °C.

Tonight:

Showers in the east this evening, then rain is expected to spread from the west, heavy at times. Possibly becoming very windy through the early hours especially in the west. Minimum Temperature 1 °C.

Friday:

Outbreaks of showery rain at times through the day, occasionally heavy, eventually easing away by evening. Gales in the west during the morning, possibly severe in exposure. Maximum Temperature 8 °C.

Outlook for Saturday to Monday:

Outbreaks of rain on Saturday, heavy at times, snow on hills. Drier and brighter Sunday, but rain will spread from the southwest overnight, clearing northeastwards on Monday morning, showers following.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clearly a lot going on and yet again no immediate respite from the deluges. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I've just had a bit of a downpour with hail mixed in. The builders are building a new chimney at the moment, they're having to cover it up during the showers, the radar looks none to special for them.  Posted Image