Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West/Central Southern England Regional Weather Discussion 12/02/14 19z ------->

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

Whatever your own opinion might be as to whether we get the snow or not, a lot of this region is still currently covered by a watch according to the media forecasts I saw this morning. If Mulls is happy to write it off, then I guess we should let him and we'll keep the snow to ourselves. Posted Image Have you been transported back from the future Mulls, as this is still an uncertain forecast even for those in the know. Posted Image

I have not written it off and I feel slightly better seeing we are now in the warning area, next question is what is the timing of this is it going to be before 8am in the morning?

Warning matrix is still very uncertain it says impact high but likelihood very low currently.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

I have not written it off

So your words "Looking more like boring rain now" isn't classed as writing off your own snow hopes. Posted Image Posted Image

It truly has been a pants Winter for snow for nearly all of the UK but at least you've witnessed some and yet again you and our chums at Dartmoor are under a favourable risk, good luck with it all as it may well be another 8 to 9 months before we see something similar. Posted Image

Yours sincerely,

the gottolovethisweather chap, who always keeps his glass half full. Posted Image

Edited by gottolovethisweather
  • Like 1

Posted

Yellow warning area for snow tomorrow has been updated. Details here: http://bit.ly/Weatherwarnings 

Covers all of Wiltshire apart from very south... and some into Somerset 

W

Edited by lfcdude
  • Like 1

Posted

So your words "Looking more like boring rain now" aren't classed as writing off your own hopes for snow. Posted Image Posted Image

It truly has been a pants Winter for snow for nearly all of the UK but at least you've witnessed some and yet again you and our chums at Dartmoor are under a favourable risk, good luck with it all as it may well be another 8 to 9 months before we see something similar. Posted Image

We have the whole of spring to search yet Posted Image

I just need the snow to start laying before work at 8am so I can build a snowman if it falls at all. Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

We have the whole of spring to search yet Posted Image

I just need the snow to start laying before work at 8am so I can build a snowman if it falls at all. Posted Image

That's the spirit, think positive and positive things might occur, believe in the negative and negative things will often follow, that's what life teaches me, I believe, anyhow.

Enough of my philosophical claptrap, bring on the rain snow for us desperate folk (me included), please Mother Nature. Posted Image

Posted

Fleetwood have the low at 06 in an interesting position. I can see where this could give snow on the higher ground in the northerly quadrant.

And this is only opportunity number one, with others likely to follow in its wake. It sadly could be a very wet period and equally windy at times for those need it least. Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Nice to see a snow warning for this area.. Hope  at 150 meters it will be high enough.. Temperature now  9.3c and cloudy with some sunshine.

Posted

Nice to see a snow warning for this area.. Hope  at 150 meters it will be high enough.. Temperature now  9.3c and cloudy with some sunshine.

Sorry to say but the snowline is going to be exactly 153 metres so only way you can build a snowman is on the roof of your house Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Quite apart from the very low snow risk tomorrow, the rain last night took February's total beyond 200mm.

Had you told me on Nov 27th that 3 months later I would be sat here on Feb 27th having had 3 winter months in excess of 200mm rainfall I would have laughed! It is ridiculous, staggering and memorable!

But what a stunning day again today, plenty of pleasant sunshine and clean convective skies bringing sharp showers for the 3rd day in a row!

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Fair to Foul...

Sorry to say but the snowline is going to be exactly 153 metres so only way you can build a snowman is on the roof of your house Posted Image

I Should Have put  an edit  in.I am at 153 meters...Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms

Missed all the showers here, after what looked a promising BBC forecast this morning.

Still, a lovely day with long sunny spells

Posted

Thunder in these here parts... heading towards Romsey by the looks of it.

I have been watching the CBs moving from my W to my S and now to the SE over the last hour or so without anything falling here - the edge of the anvils literally overhead and the sun now creeping out as the final anvil begins to move away. The NW radar detector shows active lightning between Salisbury and Southampton.

There must have been some heavy hail in some places as white could be seen falling out of the clouds.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme!

Been kind of out the weather loop these last few days, very busy, haven't even seen a tv forecast!! So to see some snow potential in the forecast is a nice surprise! Not badly placed either by the look of it.

A yellow snow warning on the last day of winter, oh the irony lol.

• Like 1

Posted

I have been watching the CBs moving from my W to my S and now to the SE over the last hour or so without anything falling here - the edge of the anvils literally overhead and the sun now creeping out as the final anvil begins to move away. The NW radar detector shows active lightning between Salisbury and Southampton.

There must have been some heavy hail in some places as white could be seen falling out of the clouds.

Missed all the excitement unfortunately and any photo ops. Been stuck on a conf call since 2pm, plus it's bin day so assumed that was the cause of all the rumbling Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Winters, Torrential Storm Summers

Had 1 very heavy hail shower in Ferndown (work) and one moderate hail shower, no Thunder or Lightning though.

I now have recorded a total of 620.5mm of rain this winter(so far), just over 24 inches. 67 rain days and 22 dry days, most of which were in early December and February.

6 poxy air frosts

Edited by karlos1983
  • Like 1

Posted

Lots of excited talk on the playground about snow this afternoon. Any chance?

Sorry for the 'is it going to snow IMBY' post but I've not managed to see a forecast or properly geek out either as been busy helping to look after a 3 week old baby, a knackered daughter, a sick mum and teach a class full of primary school kids, with added observations, meetings and PTA thrown in. Just call me superwoman! Lol

We just had very heavy sleet which turned into hail. I work on the levels by the way, so more wet stuff is the last thing that we need.

Edited by dancing daisy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The fabled channel low

Not sure this transient snow event will happen. Most certainly a nowcasting type of scenario looking at this map. The 12z might be different.

Posted Image

Edited by festivalking

Posted

Were all the kids reading the Express?

• Like 1

Posted

Sorry for the 'is it going to snow IMBY' post but I've not managed to see a forecast or properly geek out either as been busy helping to look after a 3 week old baby, a knackered daughter, a sick mum and teach a class full of primary school kids, with added observations, meetings and PTA thrown in. Just call me superwoman! Lol

We just had very heavy sleet which turned into hail. I work on the levels by the way, so more wet stuff is the last thing that we need.

Superwoman, its a 50/50 chance I reckon, more especially for those with added elevation. A few more opportunities thereafter in the coming days too.

Not sure this transient snow event will happen. Most certainly a nowcasting type of scenario looking at this map. The 12z might be different.

Posted Image

Yes, I noticed the GFS wasn't so keen either, but a few more runs still needed yet.