Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North West England Regional Weather Discussion 12/02/14 19z----->

A.J

Posted

Oh dear Cumbria forecast 100mm over next 12-18 hours..

the dreaded moist southwesterly in action.

Tomorrow will see temperatures fall through the day and the promise of a cold frosty night under proper polar air.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any extreme weather conditions

Gone quiet again shhhhhhhhhhhh.....

hush!! you will wake the tumble weed.......................very still here, bit like this thread, dry and overcast, temperature 11.9c, and 67% humidity

Edited by Jan
  • Like 2

Posted

Getting quite windy here now. 

Is it? Very quiet and still here, considering I am more coastal than you. Nowt doing here at all

Posted

Didn't know Billinge had a hill!

Posted

Well I never knew that! not been there in ages used to drive through occasionally.  It is very flat where I am, I'm not far from the coast

Posted

Started off a bit rainy this morning, but soon brightened up, sort of. The sun is definitely gaining strength now but the wind was a tad cool taking the edge off the temp this afternoon. Currently dry, 4.3c, 1025hpa and humidity is 63%, have cranked my heating up a bit

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

It felt quite wintry today I thought, certainly nothing like Spring, which yesterday did feel more like.

I'm a little dubious of the temperatures this week being output by the GFS. When you consider how cold it will start, perhaps below 0C in many places, I find it difficult to believe it will warm up to 13-14C even in March. Also I think where the temperatures have fell to below 0C overnight, any freezing fog may be slow to clear and may not clear at all in some (unlucky?) locations.

However where the temperatures don't fall that low, I think some very Springlike weather could be had.

Edited by SP1986

Posted

It felt quite wintry today I thought, certainly nothing like Spring, which yesterday did feel more like.

I'm a little dubious of the temperatures this week being output by the GFS. When you consider how cold it will start, perhaps below 0C in many places, I find it difficult to believe it will warm up to 13-14C even in March. Also I think where the temperatures have fell to below 0C overnight, any freezing fog may be slow to clear and may not clear at all in some (unlucky?) locations.

However where the temperatures don't fall that low, I think some very Springlike weather could be had.

Hi SP I thought it felt cold/wintry today too, the sun through the window was quite strong but out and about in it felt rather different. I am not convinced that we will experience 13-14c either, not just yet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Met-office going for particularly subdued temperatures next week, around 9-10C, but not frosty, which suggests a cloudy high?, if so then we'd better make the most of this weekend, which looks quite good. 

Potentially 12-13C in sunny intervals tomorrow afternoon, should feel quite pleasant, then maybe a 12-13C again on Sunday, before clouding over in the afternoon. 

Monday looks quite chilly, as does Tuesday and Wednesday.. not sure about after that, but there seems to be a fair bit of cool air being injected into the high, so probably quite disappointing, if you're after sun.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Is dry but cold out

Posted

Met-office going for particularly subdued temperatures next week, around 9-10C, but not frosty, which suggests a cloudy high?, if so then we'd better make the most of this weekend, which looks quite good. 

Potentially 12-13C in sunny intervals tomorrow afternoon, should feel quite pleasant, then maybe a 12-13C again on Sunday, before clouding over in the afternoon. 

Monday looks quite chilly, as does Tuesday and Wednesday.. not sure about after that, but there seems to be a fair bit of cool air being injected into the high, so probably quite disappointing, if you're after sun.

I don't start chasing the sun until end of April/May, as the old saying goes don't cast 'out till May is out, until then I am keeping my socks and jumpers on

Posted

Looking at the model outputs you're probably right to keep all the thermals at hand, after this (rapidly shortening) settled spell had died a death, looks like it could turn much colder, and wintry.

That said.. it feels wintry today without the associated airmasses!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Dry and overcast today

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow,snow!! Ooh and sunny,warm days!!!

Skies overcast here, windy, coldish and a funny looking south west sky almost like a band of yellowy orange?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Sun ,Snow and Cold

What happened to the sun we were promised today Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

hmm got a foehn wind now.. gusty wind, getting warmer (10C currently), and humidity of 38%

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer heat and winter cold, and a bit of snow when on offer

Beautiful morning and yesterday's nagging wind has gone so it looks like a decent pre breakfast walk is on the cards.

• Like 1