temps

Posted Image

rainfall

Posted Image

how far east will this rain get??

if you avoid the rain a frost is possible

other than that chilly but no frost

winds light a south westerly

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tuesday

Posted Image

winds variable but not strong

rainfall

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

looks likely the east of the region may only get a brief spell of showers

the south of the region could see some heavy rain but easing off mid pm

the rest sunshine and showers

temps

Posted Image

around 7-9 degrees

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tuesday night

Posted Image

a north east flow but not too strong

rainfall

Posted Image

barring the odd shower being blown in via the north sea it should stay dry

temps

Posted Image

very close to a frost here

there will be a lot of cloudcover but expect the odd local frost patch too

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

wednesday

Posted Image

a breezy north east flow

rainfall

Posted Image

starts dry but showers again incoming from the north sea in the afternoon

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

cool to cold  6-9 degrees

some sunny spells but also a lot of cloudcover especially east of the region

wednesday night

Posted Image

a variable flow but mainly easterly

rainfall

Posted Image

looks like we will have some heavy slow moving showers overnight

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

cold around 2-3 degrees

during heavier showers some may see something wintry

thursday

Posted Image

a breezy easterly wind

rain

Posted Image

some heavy thundery downpours likely

hail and sleet in the heavier bursts possible

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

cold again

6-8 degrees and quite a windchill

hope everyones well

back later

john Posted Image

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Coldest night of the winter/spring got down to -2.3c I feel for those in the Chilterns with that elevation your almost guaranteed to get a few cm of snows, this has not been the case this winter. Me being in London I have slightly lower expectations, Perhaps next winter will be a snow fest i made my appearance too late Posted Image It has certainly been a cool day especially when in the shade.

Btw concerning Tamara, she sent me this via pm on the 19th of March.

Hi Daniel

Thanks for the message - I've been away for the last couple of days. It's been a struggle, but hopefully things will be fine

Tams

Hope she is alright, she is treasured on this forum Posted Image not the same without her imho.

You did really well Daniel mate, in north London I just got to zero, was pretty dissappointed, thought i'd get below freezing. I feel for the chiltern gang too, they haven't seen a flake of snow this winter either.

Edited by lassie23
  • Like 1

Posted

You did really well Daniel mate, in north London I just got to zero, was pretty dissappointed, thought i'd get below freezing. I feel for the chiltern gang too, they haven't seen a flake of snow this winter either.

Well where I am its a little suburban unusual for central London. No towering buildings here. All houses round here are relatively new, and there are many open green spaces. There are some nice little places, round here. I feel for the SE in general, it is best to look for warmth now it bewilders me that some are looking for cold, which won't deliver the goodsGreat day of sun - cooled down substantially 4.5c and promises to be another cold affair :) Lovely to here Tam, is all fine and well. These things do get on your mind.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Great post JP and good news regards Tams and Tom :)

• Like 3

Posted

Well where I am its a little suburban unusual for central London. No towering buildings here. All houses round here are relatively new, and there are many open green spaces. There are some nice little places, round here. I feel for the SE in general, it is best to look for warmth now it bewilders me that some are looking for cold, which won't deliver the goods

Great day of sun - cooled down substantially 4.5c and promises to be another cold affair Posted Image

Lovely to here Tam, is all fine and well. These things do get on your mind.

It's the weather models, they are still teasing us with cold spells and northern blocking, even though not one has materialized all winter. It's best to move on now, surely even if it does snow in April, it will not settle. It sounds like you live in the only nice part of east London.

Posted

Posted Image

gfs going for a positive nao

now

Posted Image

ecm going negative

thats where the models disagree

at 144 theres a lot of differences

ecm

Posted Image

now this is agreeing with ukmo

Posted Image

now gfs

Posted Image

quite clearly haves everything further west

now if ecm is correct

Posted Image

Posted Image

that would be a potentially very cold start to april

will it happen???

no way of telling yet

anyway back later with the fax updates

• Like 4

Posted

It's the weather models, they are still teasing us with cold spells and northern blocking, even though not one has materialized all winter. It's best to move on now, surely even if it does snow in April, it will not settle. It sounds like you live in the only nice part of east London.

Last year in April we got snow showers, none of which settled. Well most places have their nice places, even rough boroughs. Sadly what features the news is mass shootings, drug raids ect; nothing of which that gives south london a good reputation. If you have some time come along to Rotherhithe there are a few nice parks such as Southwark Park or if you perfer something more quaint try Russia Dock Woodland, nice retreat from the urbanized city and Surrey Quays Shopping Centre, is a good place to shop.There was a big crash today in Bermondsey caused gridlock on the roads, fortunately no deaths.http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/five-people-hurt-after-police-van-catapults-over-car-in-bermondsey-9212653.html Edited by Daniel*
  • Like 1

Posted

Last year in April we got snow showers, none of which settled. Well most places have their nice places, even rough boroughs. Sadly what features the news is mass shootings, drug raids ect; nothing of which that gives south london a good reputation. If you have some time come along to Rotherhithe there are a few nice parks such as Southwark Park or if you perfer something more quaint try Russia Dock Woodland, nice retreat from the urbanized city and Surrey Quays Shopping Centre, is a good place to shop.

There was a big crash today in Bermondsey caused gridlock on the roads, fortunately no deaths.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/five-people-hurt-after-police-van-catapults-over-car-in-bermondsey-9212653.html

That crash looks insane! The surrey quays shopping centre is suppose to be pretty decent, so i've heard. I never knew about the other areas.Posted Image  7.0c here

Posted

That crash looks insane! The surrey quays shopping centre is suppose to be pretty decent, so i've heard. I never knew about the other areas.Posted Image  7.0c here

It does indeed, watched it on the news and noticed where it was immediately, it was pretty lucky there was no fatalities. Cheers for the dialogue :) - but we cannot dominate the whole regional thread - There are some nice little places, you just have to look for them. 5.5C here definitely not mild but not particulary cold all the same, night folks :lazy:

Posted

friday

Posted Image

a cold an breezy easterly flow

temps

Posted Image

around 8-10 degrees

wont feel it in that wind

also showers early

then dry most of the day then rain late pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

saturday

Posted Image

a much warmer south east flow

temps

Posted Image

around 12-13 degrees

however cloud may be an issue

looks wet very early then dry most of the day

these are subject to change though

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Snow, Wind, Rain, Sun.....but mainly cooler weather!

Great posts as usual JP.

Just had a very brief smattering of precip but not come to anything.

First night we didn't light the fire tonight.

Not looking forward to tomorrow's rain.

Night all have a great Tuesday.

• Like 2

Posted

Morning all, a dank, dreary day in depressing dirty Dartford, bird is only chirping half heatedly today. Must of been tired last night fell to sleep on the settee about 8:45 last night and just woke up, think the strain is starting to takes its toll, been a bit touchy with suppliers recently, as it's coming up for price rises time and I don't want to pay any increases, well who does.

Today got the accountants in, we have just changed ours as we have outgrown the old ones, and it's the first time we have done the end of the year and today is my favourite "works in progress" I absolute hate doing these figures, but I think the new accountant has got me worked out, A) they are doing it very early whilst everything is fresh and B) they are sending 2 lovely ladies over :-). Not fair I will have to watch my laungage. Hopefully we will have our accounts for the year sorted by end of May, normally its December. Don't think I will get much designing done today.

Few spots of rain has just started to fall, think dark grey clouds seem to be stagnant over Dartford.

Have a good one everyone.

• Like 1

Posted

Evening each. Been a busy day up to now. Nippers first full day at nursery so caught up with some jobs and phone calls prior to going back to Naaaarich.

Anyway...its been lovely and sunny but it was a chilly morning.

Hope you all had a good day. Posted Image

Good to see someone spelling Norwich the way the locals say it Posted Image

Miserable in Weybridge this morning but I don't know what it's like at home as the weather station seems to have stopped reporting

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Morning all.

A bit damp but some brightness here, hopefully this rain will clear soon.

Further ahead, looks like any proper cold weather is becoming less and less likely with the ECM now showing more mild south-easterlies as opposed to trying to bring in cold arctic air.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme aside from heat. Pref cold and snow

Dank, dark and raining in Hatfield this morning, so just imagine my surprise when I step of the tube into lovely sunshine....only kidding, its dank dark and raining in Southwark too.....

Ive just watched the most pointless episode of Breaking Bad (for anyone whos watched or watching it, the Fly Episode)....I feel like ive lost 50 mins of my life that I'll never get back.

Have a good day Y'all

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Morning all. Posted Image

We are on the boundary of the cloudy and brighter weather at the moment; it's cloudy overhead, but milky blue sky is visible to the east. It's also somewhat chilly.

I'm hoping the blue sky will push back west later this morning.

Here are a couple of pics from earlier, when the boundary was more apparent. I was hoping the sunrise might be more spectacular, but the sky did nothing until just before sunrise and it lasted only a very few minutes.

post-11059-0-00264000-1395736368_thumb.jpost-11059-0-29079500-1395736380_thumb.j

Edited by Steve C
  • Like 6

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Very different start to the day. Cool, cloudy and still with light rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Snow, Storms. Summer: Heat, Thunder

Was expecting rain all day today yet it's been dry since half 7 with spells of sunshine starting to break through the cloud now, chilly but not a bad day

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and no more than 25degC

Afternoon everyone

Bleah! Dark, dank and dismal here in Sussex.Definitely not conducive to energetic spring cleaning so the kitchen floor will have to wait a little longer!It's one of those "sort out the paperwork for filing" type days....although I might also be tempted to sow the first of the piggie vegetibbles into indoor trays. (The raised beds outside will have to wait a while longer).Hopefully warmer weather isn't too far awayxxx

• Like 1

Posted

Well, BBC Breakfast suggested the rain this morning would be light and I may not even notice it as I drove to work. Hmmm, enormous puddles straddled many of the surfaces for the drive in this morning, with pedestrians diving for cover on occasions, and cyclists dodging around miniature ponds into the middle of the roads. It all finally left Uxbridge around 12.30 in time for my power walk around the newly laid and super springy running track; got up to 4.8mph today which I'm pretty proud of.

To continue off topic, Lloydyd, The Fly episode of Breaking Bad is (in)famous for polarizing fans and critics, with critics ranking it amongst one of the series best episodes and fans less enamoured. I tend to agree with your view, despite endless reviewers explaining the clever plot devices being employed and raving about the amazing direction and acting. I think I read it was to save money, as they blew so much budget on some of the beautiful filming and landscape capture.

• Like 2

Posted

Well, BBC Breakfast suggested the rain this morning would be light and I may not even notice it as I drove to work. Hmmm, enormous puddles straddled many of the surfaces for the drive in this morning, with pedestrians diving for cover on occasions, and cyclists dodging around miniature ponds into the middle of the roads. It all finally left Uxbridge around 12.30 in time for my power walk around the newly laid and super springy running track; got up to 4.8mph today which I'm pretty proud of.

To continue off topic, Lloydyd, The Fly episode of Breaking Bad is (in)famous for polarizing fans and critics, with critics ranking it amongst one of the series best episodes and fans less enamoured. I tend to agree with your view, despite endless reviewers explaining the clever plot devices being employed and raving about the amazing direction and acting. I think I read it was to save money, as they blew so much budget on some of the beautiful filming and landscape capture.

Hi Reef,

Although I agree the acting was brilliant (always is on BB and is one of the reasons its such a brilliant series), I just thought it reeked of lets save some cash. I got most of the sub context of the episode and this being a part of Walters journey to a further dark side etc, but come on....BORED!! lol

Anyway the weather out there today can be described in one word, Cold, dark, miserable, wet, pants, rubbish.....I didnt say i would describe it in one word i just said that you COULD use one....Pick a word any word!

• Like 1

Posted

Hi Reef,

Although I agree the acting was brilliant (always is on BB and is one of the reasons its such a brilliant series), I just thought it reeked of lets save some cash. I got most of the sub context of the episode and this being a part of Walters journey to a further dark side etc, but come on....BORED!! lol

Anyway the weather out there today can be described in one word, Cold, dark, miserable, wet, pants, rubbish.....I didnt say i would describe it in one word i just said that you COULD use one....Pick a word any word!

I haven't got to that episode yet, but if it adds nothing, then i'll give it a miss. 9.0c, overcast and feeling very cold.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

• Like 2

Posted

I haven't got to that episode yet, but if it adds nothing, then i'll give it a miss. 9.0c, overcast and feeling very cold.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Id still watch it mate as there are things you should probably see and hear in this episode (especially at the end).

Still cold and dark....cant wait to go home and chill.....

Posted

Id still watch it mate as there are things you should probably see and hear in this episode (especially at the end). Still cold and dark....cant wait to go home and chill.....

Agreed, you should probably watch it, but knowing it isn't the most action-packed episode you are ever going to see. It is a great series that I really miss now I've seen it all.Grey skies to the north-west here with a bit of brightness giving rise to pink clouds to the east. Cool, damp and fairly yucky.