Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 13/03/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Afternoon all

Well that was a damp and cool morning start earlier, seems a bit brighter now, drier too, and has a milder feel (or it is just me getting warm having had to dash home and change and straight back out and into town, had 20 minutes to get to three places before they shut at 16:00),  got my days mixed up and did not realise I had been paid :good:

whilst in town  I bumped into a couple of people that I have not seen or heard from in years, just like buses.

Of course the other problem with being payed means I have to go and settle up this months bills then...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Id still watch it mate as there are things you should probably see and hear in this episode (especially at the end).

Still cold and dark....cant wait to go home and chill.....

You and  Reefseeker have convinced me to still watch it,Posted Image thanks guys!  Just hope the entire series ends in a  satisfactory way, unlike the SopranosPosted Image  Weatherwise, the rain has cleared and it is now dry, but only 9c.Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image  We are suppose to be hitting 20c in the first week of April, before things take a wintry turn.

Posted

Afternoon :good:

I must say today felt very cold - due to the windchill. It may have registered 10c but felt close to freezing. Been a cloud fest sort of day a thick layer of grey murky cloud, it was wet old morning, not that heavy, but noticeable. There is potential tommorow for some dare I say it snow - this will mostly be reserved for the highest hills - chilterns may get something. The sun is trying to make an appearance - temp 7.6c chilly, have a nice evening :)

Posted

http://www.meteociel.fr/cartes_obs/gens_display.php?x=320&y=148&run=12&runpara=0&col=1&type=1&ext=1

heres the pressure ensembles from gfs

take your pick from the 31st onwards

be back later with the updates

• Like 1

Posted

Good evening  folks, I hope everyone is as well as can be expected.

On that note I'm sure I am not alone in wishing all the best to two of our much respected posters, and hoping they return to the fold soon. Tamara and Tom, we look forward to seeing you back when you feel up to it.

Well it was a pretty dismal day here today, a bit gloomy but nothing too excessive. I am missing the sunshine and warmth of recent weeks though.

Slightly, but not too much off topic I hope, I thought I would post this link to a blog I regularly follow :

http://diamondgeezer.blogspot.co.uk/

His first hand knowledge of London and the surrounding counties is outstanding. I have posted the link now because in his blogs of March 16th & 17th he concentrates on CharltonKerry's home patch of Dartford and I thought CK might be interested in reading them. To keep it on topic in one of those blogs DG visits the Met Office weather station at Gravesend, renowned for quite often reporting the highest temperatures in the UK, especially in the summer.

All the best. BB54.Posted Image

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Evening, the flip side of the weather coin to bluebreezer, the weather was rather nice today, especially during the afternoon with some sunny spells. A chilly wind mind you. Could be some beefy showers over the next couple of days which could contain some decent thunder and hail. The chill should ease over the weekend and could possibly become warm again next week. Unless the GEM is right and we head into the freezer. Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

tonight

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

should stay dry

temps

Posted Image

cloudcover will likely restrict frost to most areas

the further west you are may give you a localised frost

winds light from the east

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow

Posted Image

a breezy north east flow

rainfall

Posted Image

Posted Image

showers being driven in from the north sea

more likely mid-day on

some may be heavy and thundery with hail

also some places may miss these altogether and stay dry if not cloudy

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

cold around 6-8 degrees

expect temps to drop very quick in any showers

late pm some showers may have some wintry bits

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tomorrow night

Posted Image

a variable but mainly easterly flow

rain

Posted Image

more heavy showers

now we may see something wintry as we go through the night

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

around 2-3 degrees and will drop further in any heavier bursts

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thursday

Posted Image

a cold and breezy easterly flow

rainfall

Posted Image

starts dry

but drizzly murky stuff moving in for the afternoon

there will be some sun but not much

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

expect temps to struggle today

around 6-7 degrees

east coastal and north east coastal will feel bitter in the wind

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thursday night

Posted Image

an east-south east breezy flow

rainfall

Posted Image

showers around and some heavy

Posted Image

not as cold tonight

but some of the showers may be thundery again

hail is possible as well

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

friday

Posted Image

a breezy east-south east flow

so will feel cold in the wind

rainfall

Posted Image

again we have some heavy thundry showers around

although we will see some sunny periods and the far south may miss them totally

temps

Posted Image

Posted Image

around 8-9 degrees

still watch that windchill it will be noticeable

thats it for now

back later with the rest

hi tom Posted ImagePosted Image

Edited by john pike
  • Like 5

Posted

Thanks blue blazer for that link, found it most interesting, pleased he made reference to the unusual burial practice, shame he didn't mention the poem where dirty Dartford gets its nickname from. Certainly got the description of the residence of swanscombe correct. Nice to know that the record breaking weather station is actually in Dartford and not Gravesend.

Dartford and surrounding area where a great industrial town, even now I can remember the furnaces colouring the sky with an artificial red tint, one of them glows meant that my father was coming home for tea. Refrigeration was one one the main employees, along with medicine, paper making, cement and vickers who made ammunition at the bottom of my garden. Could go on for ages about the history and engineering, but I must not.

Can't tell you what weather was like today as been stuck inside drawing, had a great old time, and the brain cells where really tested today.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

They are fine - I've had contact with both of them today, I'm sure they will be posting again soon but each of them have got various other things going on in their lives, but they both appreciate the concern and folk asking about them :-)

Thanks Ali,

Indeed thanks to all that have asked about our welfare, as Ali states, both myself and Lady T Posted Image  are fine, we have had lots of things to deal with, outside of NW, which have taken up our time. No doubt Miss Bronte will be sharpening her quill for another 23,000 word essay, in the not too distant future. Posted Image If the truth be known, I'm too ashamed to show my face after the Snow Cup debacle but I'm pleased to announce that I'm in fact leading on countback of falling blossom petals, huge drifts all over the place here in Chislehurst! Sods law now we'll get a foot of snow at Easter! Posted Image

Anyway, hope everyones fit and well. Posted Image 

Regards,

Tom.

• Like 7

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snowy Weather

Hi JP,

I've been hiding away in Croydon, as you know, easy to get lost there! Posted Image

Tom.

• Like 3

Posted

hi tom

glad to hear from you

im still working on my roof

spying on you really though Posted ImagePosted Image

talk soon mate

dont worry about the snow cup

im sure next year we will make up for itPosted Image

regards

john

• Like 2

JP,

I need to ask a question, many years ago I visited a finance company (for work) called Lombard Tricity Finance and I am sure it was in London.  Having noticed you location signature could it have been in your neck of the woods?

5.6c here and darkPosted Image

PS I have increased the width of the columns for next years snow cup

Edited by chris mantle
  • Like 1

Posted

Thanks blue blazer for that link, found it most interesting,

Blue BLAZER ?? Oi behave CK,  glad you liked the link though. Good to see Tom posting again as well. Posted Image

• Like 3

Posted

JP,

I need to ask a question, many years ago I visited a finance company (for work) called Lombard Tricity Finance and I am sure it was in London.  Having noticed you location signature could it have been in your neck of the woods?

5.6c here and darkPosted Image

PS I have increased the width of the columns for next years snow cup

hi chris

may be the one

the roundabout was called lombard roundabout after the finance company

so its very possible

Posted Image

Edited by john pike

Posted

Sorry BB didn't check the spell checker had corrected what I had rite, :-)

I was joshing....no offence taken !

Edited by Bluebreezer54
  • Like 1

Posted

Evening all

semi quiet evening here (well was until I stuck on Gravity and the 5.1 surround system :lol: ), apart from the short trip into town it has been a home spent evening, managed a very long hot shower unlike the short sharp cold ones the weather was throwing at me this morning.

Posted

Party in here it seems :lol:

just been out to the bin and feeling rather nippy out there now, expect a chance of a frost here by dawn.

Posted

fax update

saturday

Posted Image

a breezy but warmer south east flow

looks like early showers but clearing early

temps

Posted Image

around 14-15 degrees

the east and far south east coastal regions may take a while though to lose the cloudcover

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sunday

Posted Image

a weaker but more southerly and warmer flow

need to watch them weather fronts crossing the south west

but at present that looks dry

temps

Posted Image

around 14-15 degrees

fog issue early in the south but should clear early morning

should see more sun for most areas

so at present the weekend looks pretty good for now Posted Image

• Like 1

Posted

Glad to see Tom posting and to hear Tamara is OK, haven't seen much from Abruzzi Spur of late either, hope everything is well with you AS.

Haven't posted today as the weather has been pretty nondescript.

Have a nice eveningPosted Image

Thanks BJK, stupidly busy with work (maybe busily stupid is a better description)

Looking forward to being out west again in North Pembrokeshire in a couple of weeks time and to properly getting back posting here again so I can bore you all with overblown descriptions of rain, wind, fog, rain (plus wind and rain - did I mention those?) and, just occasionally, the goose bump inducing warmth and life enhancing touch on the skin of an early spring sun. 

Welcome back to those that have been away for a while and are posting again and to those that I hope are about to do so - you have been missed.

AS

• Like 4

Posted

fax update

saturday

Posted Image

a breezy but warmer south east flow

looks like early showers but clearing early

temps

Posted Image

around 14-15 degrees

the east and far south east coastal regions may take a while though to lose the cloudcover

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sunday

Posted Image

a weaker but more southerly and warmer flow

need to watch them weather fronts crossing the south west

but at present that looks dry

temps

Posted Image

around 14-15 degrees

fog issue early in the south but should clear early morning

should see more sun for most areas

so at present the weekend looks pretty good for now Posted Image

I am working half of it but I will take them weekend forecasts :)

Thanks BJK, stupidly busy with work (maybe busily stupid is a better description)

Looking forward to being out west again in North Pembrokeshire in a couple of weeks time and to properly getting back posting here again so I can bore you all with overblown descriptions of rain, wind, fog, rain (plus wind and rain - did I mention those?) and, just occasionally, the goose bump inducing warmth and life enhancing touch on the skin of an early spring sun. 

Welcome back to those that have been away for a while and are posting again and to those that I hope are about to do so - you have been missed.

AS

Glad to see you are well AS :):good:

• Like 3

Posted

Terrible result, im not a happy man tonight - League 1 is inevitable bottom of the table, disgraceful! We play some good football, however its all about capitalizing on your chances, unfortuantely we're no good at that.

Onto the weather its dry & cold 3.3c and I think there is a strong possibilty for wet snow in the SE/EA an increased risk for those further north and away from the coast, especially those with slight elevation tomorrow night is all out or nothing, let's see how this plays out will watch in interest, goodnight safe dreams :good: