Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Summer 2014 thread

Posted

very sunny and warm here yet again mushy, it's been warm since 10am and will stay warm till about 7pm, that's more than a "few hours" i actually think warm weather is underestimated in this country we don't see much wall to wall sun but a lot of the time the weather is better and warmer than people think, only from nov to mid march is when it is cold or chilly during the daytime really, though northerners might disagree 

• Like 1

Posted

....that's more than a "few hours" i actually think warm weather is underestimated in this country we don't see much wall to wall sun but a lot of the time the weather is better and warmer than people think, only from nov to mid march is when it is cold or chilly during the daytime really, though northerners might disagree 

For sure - the season of proper darkness and cold is over in the blink of an eye, yet many on here moan and wail about summer not lasting long enough. Sheesh - I don't know how they've got the cheek! It's the same with those folk who exclaim "it's raining again", when in reality it hasn't rained for weeks. Imagine if it really rained for weeks on end without a glimmer of sun, regularly? I'd love that and be laughing all the way, whilst most everyone else would be on medication.

• Like 3

Posted

even worse when joe public moan about snow as if it's a regular occurrence when in reality it snows like once or twice a year, i admit we might only see 30c+ once or twice a year but 25c is more than hot enough anyway, and 20c is plenty warm enough

Edited by Tony27
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: The Actual Weather ..... not fantasy.

So because you work outdoors what you say goes?!

Lots of people have outdoor jobs and many of them will still feel its summery. Was last month Autumn then as the weather was colder, duller and wetter than what we have had lately? What a strange world you live in.

Yesterday I was outside all day, I was still just wearing a t-shirt and shorts when I took the dog out for her late walk at 9pm.

You are a pessimistic person, your posts show that, but it is difficult to argue it is anything but summer like weather currently.

being outdoors all day certainly gives you a better idea of what the weathers like all day rather then those who have indoor jobs... common sense that.

PLEASE read what i posted and not your interpretation of it. it really is tiresome correcting people time and time again.

'lots of people think', so youre the spokesperson now for 'these people' are you? how do you KNOW? alot of people i meet think its certainly autumnal IN THE MORNINGS (which is what i posted).

of course last month wasnt autumn... but there was autumnal like weather on occassions, just like theres plenty of 'summer like' weather around now especially in the afternoons.

very sunny and warm here yet again mushy, it's been warm since 10am and will stay warm till about 7pm, that's more than a "few hours" i actually think warm weather is underestimated in this country we don't see much wall to wall sun but a lot of the time the weather is better and warmer than people think, only from nov to mid march is when it is cold or chilly during the daytime really, though northerners might disagree 

yes tony ill give you that, today has started alot less autumnal and its certainly more summer-like weather. i think the humidity might have risen, but its alot different today then the previous 2 days, the was a different feel this morning. and by the look of it we could have alot more summer like weather over the next 7 days, perhaps longer.

but its still early autumn! :p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Normally the temperatures are between 20-22C 1st-10th, 18-20C 11th-20th and 16-18C 21st-30th in this neck of the woods. Today has surpassed that and it's now 23.4C in my location so it's fair to say it is summerlike today after an autumnal low of 8.6C.

Posted

I am never sure whether to laugh or cry when threads start to get personal. Come on folks we all have an opinion, just leave it at that, your opinion and respect others may differ rather than making petty arguments. Some of you sound like spoilt 7 years olds.

• Like 5

Posted

yes tony ill give you that, today has started alot less autumnal and its certainly more summer-like weather. i think the humidity might have risen, but its alot different today then the previous 2 days, the was a different feel this morning. and by the look of it we could have alot more summer like weather over the next 7 days, perhaps longer.

it's early autumn in spain as well isn't it

Edited by Tony27

Posted

It's not Autumn, on average early September is warmer than most of June. Autumn stats on the 21st September.

"Imagine if it really rained for weeks on end without a glimmer of sun, regularly?"

Why imagine it, that's the grim reality of British weather usually. The last 2 summer's, July in particular, have been anomalies, can you let us enjoy them please?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

being outdoors all day certainly gives you a better idea of what the weathers like all day rather then those who have indoor jobs... common sense that.

PLEASE read what i posted and not your interpretation of it. it really is tiresome correcting people time and time again.

'lots of people think', so youre the spokesperson now for 'these people' are you? how do you KNOW? alot of people i meet think its certainly autumnal IN THE MORNINGS (which is what i posted).

of course last month wasnt autumn... but there was autumnal like weather on occassions, just like theres plenty of 'summer like' weather around now especially in the afternoons.

Actually I spend time working outdoors as part of my job, and have had to work out in all types of weather. The weather so far this month is better than August was but I didn't keep insisting it was Autumn then.

Since your definition of summer seems to be June to early August I will no longer go on round and round in a circle with you, believe what you will makes no difference to me or anyone else and I will continue to enjoy this fine weather.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

Summer and the lighter season only drags for you because you don't like it and winter and the darker season flies by because you love it. You might argue that the May to August period is way too long, but in reality, that's how those who hate winter see the November to February period. It's more than long enough to those people.

And we don't need to imagine rain for weeks on end in summer, June and early July 2012 is one that springs to mind.

In these parts,especially up on the tops the colder extended winter period is longer than the warmer extended summer period,in most years anyway whereas in southern regions it is definitely conciderably the opposite !!

Posted

it's early autumn in spain as well isn't it

so what?... im at a loss to understand what weather/seasons in other countries has to do with our weather! in january its winter in morocco, doesnt that mean by your logic it should be warm here? bizarre.

It's not Autumn,

it IS autumn. the meterological autumn starts on sept 1st.

and try telling the trees locally that are turning, heck some limes are half empty of leaves.

Actually I spend time working outdoors as part of my job, and have had to work out in all types of weather. The weather so far this month is better than August was but I didn't keep insisting it was Autumn then.

Since your definition of summer seems to be June to early August I will no longer go on round and round in a circle with you, believe what you will makes no difference to me or anyone else and I will continue to enjoy this fine weather.

you dont get it still do you...

autumn is a season not a weather type, BUT some weather types are most prevailent and define a season. autumnal weather in august is autumnal like weather in summer, it isnt autumn, its LIKE autumn.

this weather is summer like weather in autumn, it isnt summer, it is autumn.

my definition of autumn is the official meterological one, june 1st - aug 31st.

• Like 1

Posted

Summer and the lighter season only drags for you because you don't like it and winter and the darker season flies by because you love it. You might argue that the May to August period is way too long, but in reality, that's how those who hate winter see the November to February period. It's more than long enough to those people.

And we don't need to imagine rain for weeks on end in summer, June and early July 2012 is one that springs to mind.

Part of the reason that winter drags for me is that there's so much darkness which limits what you can do outdoors, not to mention the colder weather which is also a limitation. Having more freedom to do outdoor activities makes the time go quicker in my opinion.

• Like 2

Posted

Will you please stop with the arguing? It's really starting to get quite annoying!

Thanks, SR.

arguing is good as long as it doesn't go on for too long.

how anybody can complain about the weather we are having atm baffles me, we had a mild autumn last year, a mild winter albeit wet, a mild spring, a warm summer and now autumn has started warm as well

Edit plus we had a warm summer last year as well

Edited by lorenzo
Removed personal references
  • Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

For sure - the season of proper darkness and cold is over in the blink of an eye, yet many on here moan and wail about summer not lasting long enough. Sheesh - I don't know how they've got the cheek! It's the same with those folk who exclaim "it's raining again", when in reality it hasn't rained for weeks. Imagine if it really rained for weeks on end without a glimmer of sun, regularly? I'd love that and be laughing all the way, whilst most everyone else would be on medication.

Were you away last Autumn/Winter then???  :rofl:

• Like 1

Posted

arguing is good as long as it doesn't go on for too long, i've gone round and round in circles with mushy for ages now and i can;t be arsed any more, he needs to lower his expectations, how anybody can complain about the weather we are having atm baffles me, we had a mild autumn last year, a mild winter albeit wet, a mild spring, a warm summer and now autumn has started warm as well, what more does he want for crying out loud

there i said my piece

Edit plus we had a warm summer last year as well

.... And i get a pm asking me to stop arguing whilst people like this continue to deliberately misreprisent what ive posted!

Whos complaining about this weather? All i said was its autumnal in the mornings and wasnt summer like until later in the day. Now how the heck does that equate to a moan? It was an honest and accurate description of the days weather.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

Technically, that is summer...........and no misrepresentation there!

• Like 2

Posted

Right can we move away from the argument that's just taken place and return to summer discussion now please...

Thanks, SR

Would that be this summer that ended as we moved into autumn, or next summer? :)

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Very pleasant day today, though despite being out in shorts and tee shirt all afternoon I haven't caught the sun one bit! Temperature falling like a stone now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extremes the unusual and interesting facts

Still felt like summer at times for me today,am enjoying this spell,just a shame all these days are not like sunday where we had sunshine from the word go for the entirety of the day !!!!

Posted

Only nine days in and September's already equaled August for days to reach/exceed 20c.

Just hoping the grot isn't to much of an issue this weekend.

• Like 1

Posted

Very pleasant day today, though despite being out in shorts and tee shirt all afternoon I haven't caught the sun one bit! Temperature falling like a stone now.

Yes, there have been some interesting temperature extremes over the last few days because of the warm days and cool nights - a range of about 16C between the max and min where I am. It's a bit odd driving to the office with the car heating on, then driving home with the windows open as it's warmed up so much!

Posted

so what?... im at a loss to understand what weather/seasons in other countries has to do with our weather! in january its winter in morocco, doesnt that mean by your logic it should be warm here? bizarre.

it IS autumn. the meterological autumn starts on sept 1st.

and try telling the trees locally that are turning, heck some limes are half empty of leaves.

you dont get it still do you...

autumn is a season not a weather type, BUT some weather types are most prevailent and define a season. autumnal weather in august is autumnal like weather in summer, it isnt autumn, its LIKE autumn.

this weather is summer like weather in autumn, it isnt summer, it is autumn.

A touch pedantic from me but I think you mean summer not autumn through those dates?

and I will say again can everyone simply accept that we all have different likes and dislikes, different ways of expressing them. Just accept this, can we?

Edited by johnholmes
  • Like 3

Posted

Were you away last Autumn/Winter then???  :rofl:

Nope - I was resigned to watching those darn sarf cop for all the fun and games whilst we got mainly dry with sunny spells. Ye I know what's coming..

• Like 1

Posted

Technically, that is summer...........and no misrepresentation there!

D'OH! :doh:

classic mistake there, obviously thats summer . hence dont post whilst drinking! :)

• Like 1