Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland & The Far North Of England Regional Weather Chat

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Indeed Ross some very heavy skies here. So humid, not a breath of wind, only time I feel a breeze is when a plane on the approach path passes over at height and stirs things around.

Hard to imagine it won't spark into life. Nothing remarkable on Satellite at present, but must be a decent top on it...

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

been a few more good breaks through the afternoon the station down the road at polmont is showing highest value of 26.8c currently sitting at 26.7c.

hopefully more showers build now and become more potent.

Posted

BIg fat convective raindrops - lovely ! Heat here is driving everyone round the twist..!

Posted

stirling also breached the 26c mark today with a high of 26.1c

its mad to think we are getting this brilliant hot weather and theres been snow falling in Sweden, Finland and Russia.

also some of the northern states are to see 1-2 feet of snow mostly over the higher ground but that's still something at this time of year.

Edited by Buriedundersnow

Posted

Did get a shower in the end (wasn't particulairy long lasting mind or that heavy) now back to dry again

Posted

saw this on twitter and I know its not about summer weather but there is a chance of seeing low level snow in south Africa in the coming days and although snow is common in south Africa its usually in high elevations and is a rare sight at lower levels but should it snow this will be the second low level snow event in south Africa in 3 years the previous being in august 2012.

Ryan N. Maue â€@RyanMaue 22m

Thursday, cold, dry airmass over southern African continent. Any precip along S. Africa coast could be snow/mixed. pic.twitter.com/bcKkRWNMWn

post-18233-0-23977700-1403038167_thumb.ppost-18233-0-30363200-1403038169_thumb.ppost-18233-0-47064000-1403038170_thumb.p

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Warmest day of the year at 23c.

Just got 23C here today - was quite apt to get a warm one to watch Brazil play - turn it up LOUD, open the window and tss glug...

That's it for the summer I guess.

Posted

the BBC thinking theres potential for 27c through central belt tomorrow I wonder if somewhere might break 28c or 29c.

BBC Scotland Weather â€@BBCScotWeather 39m

There's the potential for 27C through the Central Lowlands tomorrow. 81F. Hope you're enjoying the weather, Night night. JR

Posted

WOW WOW WOW!

Jim Cantore â€@JimCantore 19m

Wt.. ! MT@jeremy_hamann: @tornadotrackers: The brief moment of 3 TORNADOES on the ground north of Pilger, NE #newx pic.twitter.com/YOfYh2eI4Q

post-18233-0-66410900-1403046071_thumb.jpost-18233-0-12728600-1403046071_thumb.j

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

Still cloudy here with no sign of the sun breaking through yet. 14.9c. Here's hoping for another warm one!

post-1989-0-32235700-1403074633_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

A lovely morning, over 21'C already with clear blue skies. 

Posted

bit of a cloudy start for a lot of us in the central belt but the cloud is thinning just now and the sun should break through shortly

http://www.meteoradar.co.uk/home/satellite_UK_and_Ireland

currently 18c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold in winter and dry and very warm in summer

Last night was a bit difficult to sleep in, at 1am it was 23c in my room and only fell to 21c when I woke up, not the best. Especially since I like it a bit cool so 14-18c roughly to sleep in.

Very cloudy start. Humidity is much higher today (yesterday day wasn't that humid IMO) and despite no sunshine, temperature is 22c.

Sun is now out... I predict an oppressive 26.5c high

Posted

Just under 24'C so likely the hottest day of the year here, 

• Like 1

Posted

well the sun is finally poking its head out at last and temps starting to rise 19.2c on both stations I check but think it will struggle to beat the 26.8c recorded at polmont yesterday but if we get unbroken sunshine all afternoon we may get close will just need to wait and see how we get on.

• Like 1

Posted

well the sun is finally poking its head out at last and temps starting to rise 19.2c on both stations I check but think it will struggle to beat the 26.8c recorded at polmont yesterday but if we get unbroken sunshine all afternoon we may get close will just need to wait and see how we get on.

It won't matter in real terms, humidity is far higher throughout the lowlands today so it'll likely end up feeling just as hot.

Posted

It won't matter in real terms, humidity is far higher throughout the lowlands today so it'll likely end up feeling just as hot.

yeah possibly but think we may get around there anyway in 22 mins its risen 1.2c to 20.4c so may have a shot still even though there was cloud in the morning I can see somewhere in Scotland maybe hitting that 28c today.

EDIT: now 21.2c temps rising nicely.

Posted

At 25.3'C here it's very nearly hotter than yesterday, perhaps 26 / 27'C today? 

Posted

At 25.3'C here it's very nearly hotter than yesterday, perhaps 26 / 27'C today? 

yeah looks like you might have a good chance of getting there possibly even a little higher if you keep the sun all afternoon.

temps rocketing here that's 22.6c now a 1.4c rise in around 20 mins.

Posted

25.2c now a 2.6c rise since just after 1 o'clock and I am sure my highest temp from yesterday wasn't achieved till around half 4 or 5 o'clock.

Posted

Half day from work. Sun splitting the sky - perfection. 

Posted

26.2'C degrees in the back garden, sweltering! Managed to get everything done out there nearly, explosive growth so far this season. 

Posted

26.2'C degrees in the back garden, sweltering! Managed to get everything done out there nearly, explosive growth so far this season. 

same here with the growth but I am hoping it will slow down a bit after tomorrow when the humidity drops, I've already decided I'm going to bark chip my whole garden and just leave the grass weeding really does my head in.

26.7c on the polmont station now so think we will pass yesterday and I'm hoping for just over 28c or even pushing 29c would be good.

EDIT: warmest day of the year polmont now at 27c and stirling one has hit 26c

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

An absence of whinging from Aberdeen then today :)